2017 Secret Santa Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4583
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by durangopipe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Okay Secret Santa, come clean. What do you want from me? I know I don't deserve this, are you trying to make me promise to try harder to be good next year?

Okay. I promise. Meanwhile . . .

What are you, a mind reader? I've been wanting a seven-day set pipe stand for my desk to hold the pipes I smoke most regularly now that Mrs. DP has "encouraged" me to get a cabinet for my pipes to reduce the clutter in my man cave. MY man cave! Can you believe it!

So, I guess it's true what they say about you seeing people when they're asleep and awake. (I'd watch that in the current social climate if I were you.)

Image

Then you add a lovely bent billiard, a pouch of some nice burley, and a neat little pipe nail.

Okay, okay, okay Telepathicpleasanthillmizzurah Santa. I'll try harder to be good next year. And thank you. Really and truly, thank you! I love my gifts.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20164
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:21 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:53 pm
Hokey Dinah!
I've never heard that expression and had to put it in the google. I've already used it twice with coworkers.


Nice pipes, by the way.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15391
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I didn't participate this year and I've been enjoying reading through this thread at your generosity to each other.

So I'm checking the mail today. Bill, bill, Christmas cards, more and more Christmas cards, a box of Bartlett pears (traditional lawyer to lawyer gifts are weird) and a box from some dude in CO.

Biggest tea cup I've ever seen (C.S. Lewis would have finally been satisfied), two tins of tobacco (will pay for somebody to photoshop a reasonably Catholic logo onto a tin of tobacco so I can smoke Presbyterian Mix to my hearts content without having to fear the Wrath of Mom), a lovely book...you people are just too good. Thanks.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32763
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm
So I get home and what do I find? Santa I-D done struck!

Many thanks, Sam and a very Merry and Bless'd Christmas!

My home office smells wonderful now. Russ has some sweet smellin' Sugar Plums, lemme tellya! (Sorry Russ.. You really do. Grats!)Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
How do you know it's Sam?

Curious minds want to know.
Look in the upper left hand corner of the picture.

Even though I wasn't part of Secret Santa this year I still read the thread because it makes me happy.
This isn't Secret Santa, even though the timing of the gift would say otherwise. This is your winnings from the Thanksgiving story contest.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32763
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am

Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm
Image

I wasn't even on the list.

You guys suck.
Thank you. All of you. And the Jayhawk.
This makes my heart smile. And gives me ideas for next year.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32763
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6325
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Pepik » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:54 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
GaryInVA wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm
So I get home and what do I find? Santa I-D done struck!

Many thanks, Sam and a very Merry and Bless'd Christmas!

My home office smells wonderful now. Russ has some sweet smellin' Sugar Plums, lemme tellya! (Sorry Russ.. You really do. Grats!)Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
How do you know it's Sam?

Curious minds want to know.
Look in the upper left hand corner of the picture.

Even though I wasn't part of Secret Santa this year I still read the thread because it makes me happy.
This isn't Secret Santa, even though the timing of the gift would say otherwise. This is your winnings from the Thanksgiving story contest.
Appreciated never the less!
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32763
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 am

Pepik wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:54 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
GaryInVA wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm
So I get home and what do I find? Santa I-D done struck!

Many thanks, Sam and a very Merry and Bless'd Christmas!

My home office smells wonderful now. Russ has some sweet smellin' Sugar Plums, lemme tellya! (Sorry Russ.. You really do. Grats!)Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
How do you know it's Sam?

Curious minds want to know.
Look in the upper left hand corner of the picture.

Even though I wasn't part of Secret Santa this year I still read the thread because it makes me happy.
This isn't Secret Santa, even though the timing of the gift would say otherwise. This is your winnings from the Thanksgiving story contest.
Appreciated never the less!
Apologies for the super late mailing; December has been kicking my heine.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6090
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
DepartedLight is a "Super Sneaky Secret Santa". Ninja like in the skills of disguising his actions and SS gifts.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15391
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
DepartedLight is a "Super Sneaky Secret Santa". Ninja like in the skills of disguising his actions and SS gifts.
He smells bad, too.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25781
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:05 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
DepartedLight is a "Super Sneaky Secret Santa". Ninja like in the skills of disguising his actions and SS gifts.
He smells bad, too.
:lol: :lol:

Busted, I am
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6090
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:09 am

A proper thank you for the generous gifts.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19456
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by FredS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm
I love FredS.
Merry Christmas.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23953
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Skip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm
Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm
I love FredS.
Merry Christmas.
😉

That pipe is sweet. I tried it out last night. Thanks, mate.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7223
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:33 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
DepartedLight is a "Super Sneaky Secret Santa". Ninja like in the skills of disguising his actions and SS gifts.
He smells bad, too.
Like a combo of whiskey, fish food, and carter hall, many have tried unsuccessfully to bottle this musk into a cologne... unsuccessfully


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11104
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by Gabriel » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm

So my Secret Santa thinks he’s a comedian...

Image

Looks like Skip and I share a SS, thanks FredS!
Image

Yay!
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25781
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:49 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:33 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Well my boxes are filled and labeled and will ship this afternoon, so I gave in and opened the box that came from my Secret Santa. The return address was no help, but the post mark is North Carolina, that and the Sam's Blend tobacco leads me to guess that Irish-Dane is the Secret Santa for this box.
Image

Image

I have been longing for some real tobacco flavor since I have been wandering through the topped blends in my cellar for too long now...these two tobaccos are perfect! The duck sauce is already gone...we had stir-fry for dinner last night. The chess set and the metal cup are destined for the cabin. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

PS my wife grabbed the box and said it would be perfect for a project she wants to do for the cabin...so I drank the whisky.

PSS The Squadron Leader has some age on it...I will take pics and provide thoughts when I decide to open it.
Gabriel wrote: Nice! Yep, that has I-D's name all over it.
I do live in NC, Sam's Blend is a common gift from me, I have scads of aged Squadron Leader, I enjoy whisk(e)y, and I have been known to do some woodworking in my life, but alas this is not from me. I am concerned someone is trying to steal my identity, because those are all eerily similar to my likes and fancies.

Great gift, really. I may need to step up my packaging next year.
DepartedLight is a "Super Sneaky Secret Santa". Ninja like in the skills of disguising his actions and SS gifts.
He smells bad, too.
Like a combo of whiskey, fish food, and carter hall, many have tried unsuccessfully to bottle this musk into a cologne... unsuccessfully


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yer married and my hinges don't swing that way.

It's not that I don't appreciate the fawning compliments yelled through a rainbow painted bullhorn in my general direction. Wait.

That's a lie.

Shut yer pie hole.

Don't you have some pipe tobacco blend to create or something?

Flippin' slacker. I swear.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25781
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm
So my Secret Santa thinks he’s a comedian...

Image

Looks like Skip and I share a SS, thanks FredS!
Image

Yay!
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it me or, is this years SS kinda way cool?
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32672
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:58 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm
So my Secret Santa thinks he’s a comedian...

Image

Looks like Skip and I share a SS, thanks FredS!
Image

Yay!
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it me or, is this years SS kinda way cool?
Yep! There is thought as to what the recipient would like rather than what the giver likes. Well done Secret Santas!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7941
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: 2017 Secret Santa Thread

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks, Secret Santa! And all the way from OR. I guess I must have been a pretty good boy.

Image

I love orientals, and can't wait to try a bowl or two of the tobacco in the green bag! :)
I'm old but I'm happy.

Post Reply