Song Covers That You Think Are Actually Better Than the Original

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Song Covers That You Think Are Actually Better Than the Original

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Skip wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 pm
infidel wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:52 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm
This thing seemed to hit the sweet spot for middle-aged, white, Christian, men. It's is way overrated if you ask me. It got linked and played all over social media by dozens of my Christian friends. Metal is metal people, no matter how s...l...o...w they sing. Reminds of the hair bands who had to have a ballad that rebellious teens could point to when their parents complained about the bands they listened to.
Raptor poo for you :chili:
Yeah. There are times I think of Fred as a brother-from-another-mother. Then there are times - like this one - that he's more of a long-lost distant cousin. Several times removed. And possibly from a different branch of the evolutionary tree.
I wouldn't take him accountant shopping....
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:59 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:
This thing seemed to hit the sweet spot for middle-aged, white, Christian, men. It's is way overrated if you ask me. It got linked and played all over social media by dozens of my Christian friends. Metal is metal people, no matter how s...l...o...w they sing. Reminds of the hair bands who had to have a ballad that rebellious teens could point to when their parents complained about the bands they listened to.
Yeah. There are times I think of Fred as a brother-from-another-mother. Then there are times - like this one - that he's more of a long-lost distant cousin. Several times removed. And possibly from a different branch of the evolutionary tree.
Does his accountant drive an Enzo?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Skip wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:59 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:
I don't know. Hey Fred, does your goy accountant drive an Enzo?

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:36 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:18 pm
Skip wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:
Actually he drives a *Cayenne. He redeems himself though, by being a fly fisher. Though he prefers the Pagosa Springs area - closer to DurangoPipe - we have a loosely scheduled fishing trip planned in my new neck of the woods next summer.

*Don't even get me started on the idiocy of Porshe trying to build an SUV.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:53 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:36 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:
Actually he drives a *Cayenne. He redeems himself though, by being a fly fisher. Though he prefers the Pagosa Springs area - closer to DurangoPipe - we have a loosely scheduled fishing trip planned in my new neck of the woods next summer.

Have you driven one? Astounding car.

Also, that should have been you're first clue ol Schwartz wasn't one of the tribe. Urbanites, as a rule.

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:53 pm
FredS wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:

Also, that should have been you're first clue ol Schwartz wasn't one of the tribe. Urbanites, as a rule.
I'm sure they're a fine vehicle. But I figure if you have Jeep taste and a Porsche budget you should buy a Land Rover. Rovers were born off road. That's what they do. Porsches (as we know them anyway) were born on the racetrack. That's what they do.

It would be like tapping you to sort out a M&A deal. Sure, you could do it, but that's not your area of expertise.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:53 pm
FredS wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:
infidel wrote:
FredS wrote:

I'm sure they're a fine vehicle. But I figure if you have Jeep taste and a Porsche budget you should buy a Land Rover. Rovers were born off road. That's what they do. Porsches (as we know them anyway) were born on the racetrack. That's what they do.

It would be like tapping you to sort out a M&A deal. Sure, you could do it, but that's not your area of expertise.
Actually just finished one. It was fun, but I sure get your drift. Between us, though, id really like to do more.

And I totally get it with the Cayenne. My friend has one. I drove it once. Fun to drive, absolutely impossible to wreck thanks to all of the sensors, but I'd never take it off road. I view it as a fashionable station wagon.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:34 pm

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning