Secret Santa

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough
Posts: 8150
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by colton » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm in.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32413
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Post by UncleBob » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm in.

User avatar
alchemyhunter
Bacon Samich
Bacon Samich
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Lincolnton, North Carolina

Post by alchemyhunter » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:05 pm

John-Boy wrote:I don't mind collecting names and sending names back out. What do you guys think the dollar limit/guideline should be?

I think $10 min $20 max

by the way, I'm in.
Our whole life is startlingly moral. There is never an instant's truce between virtue and vice. Goodness is the only investment that never fails. H.D. Thoreau

User avatar
Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Posts: 4792
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by Munkey » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm in.

User avatar
Dug
Biff
Biff
Posts: 8986
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:13 pm

I'm in.

User avatar
underscoretim
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1825
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Post by underscoretim » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:51 am

I'm in.
Ive been stockpiling cherry cigars and pipe tobacco for Jerry in case I get his name this year.

User avatar
PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 11889
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by PipeAndPint » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:51 pm

underscoretim wrote:I'm in.
Ive been stockpiling cherry cigars and pipe tobacco for Jerry in case I get his name this year.
Ha! Which is precisely why I will never sign up...

... be careful, _Tim, or I'll presmoke the pipe I'm making for you with some goopy cherry junk!
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

User avatar
PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 11889
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by PipeAndPint » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:53 pm

Btw, for those of you who are playing... it might not be a bad idea to start a "What's your favourite type of tobacco?" thread as a way of getting ideas for your victim without giving away your identity.
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

User avatar
kendrck
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
Posts: 8873
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Contact:

Post by kendrck » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:48 pm

PipeAndPint wrote:Btw, for those of you who are playing... it might not be a bad idea to start a "What's your favourite type of tobacco?" thread as a way of getting ideas for your victim without giving away your identity.
well said, Pennsylvania Jones!
Image

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:43 pm

PipeAndPint wrote:Btw, for those of you who are playing... it might not be a bad idea to start a "What's your favourite type of tobacco?" thread as a way of getting ideas for your victim without giving away your identity.
Or maybe a "Favorite tobacco to give away"... since it's all about the giving. :)
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 7967
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Lexington, NC, near the Walmart
Contact:

Post by Steverino » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 am

Is it too late to get in on this? If so, don't worry about it. Somehow I missed this thread as it progressed.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

User avatar
Dug
Biff
Biff
Posts: 8986
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by Dug » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:52 am

So, JB, what do each of us who are "in" need to get to you, in order to make this workable? Do you need an email or PM w/ our mailing address, so that you can forward them out once you've shuffled the names?

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 am

Dug wrote:So, JB, what do each of us who are "in" need to get to you, in order to make this workable? Do you need an email or PM w/ our mailing address, so that you can forward them out once you've shuffled the names?
Heh... do you have your tree up already too?

So... yeah... if you're "in" PM me your name and address. I'll PM back to confirm you're in.

Let's make the cut off next Monday. I'll distribute names Tuesday via PM. Send your packages by 12/10 to make sure everything arrives by Christmas.

How's that sound?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 11889
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by PipeAndPint » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:45 am

kendrck wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote:Btw, for those of you who are playing... it might not be a bad idea to start a "What's your favourite type of tobacco?" thread as a way of getting ideas for your victim without giving away your identity.
well said, Pennsylvania Jones!
Ha!
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:47 am

John-Boy wrote:
Dug wrote:So, JB, what do each of us who are "in" need to get to you, in order to make this workable? Do you need an email or PM w/ our mailing address, so that you can forward them out once you've shuffled the names?
Heh... do you have your tree up already too?

So... yeah... if you're "in" PM me your name and address. I'll PM back to confirm you're in.

Let's make the cut off next Monday. I'll distribute names Tuesday via PM. Send your packages by 12/10 to make sure everything arrives by Christmas.

How's that sound?
Oh yeah... 15 dollar value limit. No ipods please.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:10 pm

John-Boy wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Dug wrote:So, JB, what do each of us who are "in" need to get to you, in order to make this workable? Do you need an email or PM w/ our mailing address, so that you can forward them out once you've shuffled the names?
Heh... do you have your tree up already too?

So... yeah... if you're "in" PM me your name and address. I'll PM back to confirm you're in.

Let's make the cut off next Monday. I'll distribute names Tuesday via PM. Send your packages by 12/10 to make sure everything arrives by Christmas.

How's that sound?
Oh yeah... 15 dollar value limit. No ipods please.
Names and addresses are rolling in...
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 am

We're up to 9.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:27 am

We're up to 12. They're still time if you're interested. I'll distribute names and addresses next week.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
GScott
Geezer "Juxtaposition" Extraordinaire
Geezer "Juxtaposition" Extraordinaire
Posts: 4928
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Bragadocious, Ca.
Contact:

Post by GScott » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am

Aw h**l. I guess I'll sign up (mumbley grumble).

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31801
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Post by John-Boy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:19 pm

GScott wrote:Aw h**l. I guess I'll sign up (mumbley grumble).
Heh heh... that's the spirit.

Just flipped over to "Miracle on 34th Street" during halftime and saw ol' what's his name lighting up a pipe... and in front of a child!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Locked