Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Well, I just hit the 8000 posts mark. No big deal I suupose, after all, they tell us we shouldn't be concerned with numbers. It's the quality of a worship service, not how many you can stuff in the pews. And I understand the value of this concept. But I just can't shake the thought that numbers are important, because each number represents a person - a person who needs to be there, who needs to worship God with the church militant. And I think it's not too far away from that with these post numbers. Each one represents an instance of putting yourself out there in front of CPS as a whole and, maybe, accomplishing something. Getting a question answered, making a prayer request, or simply offering a word of encouragement to a brother pipe smoker. Of course, we probably all have a few posts that we'd just as soon forget, too. But even those had some kind of value, if nothing more than to teach us to do better. Yes, I'm proud of my paltry 8000 posts. Not as some kind of accomplishment but as a reminder that I have been part of a community for some 10 years now that accepts me, warts and all. I thank you for this. May God continue to bless you and work to his glory in your lives.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: 8K

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 am

Steverino wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm
Well, I just hit the 8000 posts mark. No big deal I suupose, after all, they tell us we shouldn't be concerned with numbers. It's the quality of a worship service, not how many you can stuff in the pews. And I understand the value of this concept. But I just can't shake the thought that numbers are important, because each number represents a person - a person who needs to be there, who needs to worship God with the church militant. And I think it's not too far away from that with these post numbers. Each one represents an instance of putting yourself out there in front of CPS as a whole and, maybe, accomplishing something. Getting a question answered, making a prayer request, or simply offering a word of encouragement to a brother pipe smoker. Of course, we probably all have a few posts that we'd just as soon forget, too. But even those had some kind of value, if nothing more than to teach us to do better. Yes, I'm proud of my paltry 8000 posts. Not as some kind of accomplishment but as a reminder that I have been part of a community for some 10 years now that accepts me, warts and all. I thank you for this. May God continue to bless you and work to his glory in your lives.
Thank you, Steve, and bleessings upon your house. Remember me when you thin thy Grabonic horde. And may we all see each other in Paradise.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:19 am

Im thankful for you and your place here on CPS and for your prayers over the years.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:10 am

That's beautiful, Steve. It's certainly been a pleasure knowing you through your posts, and here's to 8k more.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:02 am

Well Said!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 am

Always the wise gentleman.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 am

You just had to go an upstage my 5K post I made last week. I see how you're going to play this, Steve.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 am

In quantity, I win. In quality, you win.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 am

I thought Steve rage-quit years ago.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 am

coco wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 am
In quantity, I win. In quality, you win.
Ditto for me.

Steverino is the EF Hutton of CPS.

For you children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ygqPepLjM
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible