Radio jammer...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Radio jammer...

Post by JMG » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm

I have a Hispanic neighbor that insist on blaring ethnic music for all the world to hear at all hours. Anyone here that can build a radio jammer? Anyone willing to build me one. PM me. (I'm aware of the legality of FM jammers).
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Re: Radio jammer...

Post by infidel » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:34 pm

I had a Puerto Rican neighbor once who played salsa music at ridiculous volumes. A few visits from the police for violating the noise ordinance cured him of it.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Post by Winton » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:04 am

I doubt a radio jammer would solve the issue. I am sure he has CDs that would play if the radio didn't work.

We have been to lots of neighborhood parties over the years. Hispanics are very hospitable. We were relieved when the family across the street from us moved out. The screaming contests in the front yard, the pit bulls running in the street, occasional visits by the men in blue, and other things I won't publish on the internet, all caused a neighborhood sigh of relief when they moved out.

Sometimes the noisy neighbors are not the ones you need to worry about. Before our son learned how to walk, we were in a quadplex apartment. One day we had to tell the landlord that water was seeping into our bedroom from the apartment next to us. We were told that they were not sure they could legally go into that unit, since they were trying to evict them for dealing drugs.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 am

My neighbors do the loud music also, in their cars as well. You can hear them a long block away. It got really bad at Christmas, with very loud C&W Christmas tunes starting early Sat mornings.
CDs are better than radio, if you have to endure it. I'd just nicely and casually ask them to turn the volume down, during an off topic conversation. .
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:05 am

I was out tooling around on my motorcycle with 2-dot on the back a week or so ago. A guy pulled up to a light with the windows down and tunes blaring. I normally don't mind, but it was particularly obscene. I just revved up the engine till I couldn't hear the music and waited for the light to change. I was kinda hoping he would think I wanted to race and peel out... no such luck.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JMG

Post by JMG » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:58 am

I've asked the guy to turned it down before...told him rather...somewhat politely. The next step will be calling the police. I hate to do that, but short of the jammer of some sort that is my only option.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:09 am

It takes lots and lots of energy to broadcast a broad spectrum radio signal that is powerful enough to overwhelm the single-frequency commercial stations.

Granted, you only have to ruin the reception for a city block or so, but still.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:17 am

Del wrote:It takes lots and lots of energy to broadcast a broad spectrum radio signal that is powerful enough to overwhelm the single-frequency commercial stations.

Technically you're right, but the assumption is broad presence jamming. Now if one directs the jamming interference with say a Yagi directional antenna, that will cause the desired effect if directed at the fellows receiver for far less power. Even so, this does put the person jamming in jeopardy of tens of thousands of dollars in fines with a rather active FCC enforcement group backed up by other radio spectrum users who will "rat you out on a dime".

This way is not the solution.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:13 am

Fight fire with fire and play some of UB's "Good tunes for Friday listenin'"
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 am

Put some whistler tips on the van
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79jSzKA0L8
Praying - coco

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm

Next time speak to them in Hewa. Speak to them only in Hewa, telling them that this is the last warning, and then you must call the police and file a complaint. Tell them all of the neighbors feel the same. Do not interpret; speak only in Hewa to them. Be sure to add that God loves them, perhaps while making the sign of the cross.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

JMG

Post by JMG » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm
Next time speak to them in Hewa. Speak to them only in Hewa, telling them that this is the last warning, and then you must call the police and file a complaint. Tell them all of the neighbors feel the same. Do not interpret; speak only in Hewa to them. Be sure to add that God loves them, perhaps while making the sign of the cross.
Should I speak to the police in Hewan too?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m still trying to think of a form of music that isnt ethnic.

Oh, and call the police. It’s not like they tell them which neighbor called. They tell them to turn it down.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Del

Post by Del » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 pm

Pepik wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:17 am
Del wrote:It takes lots and lots of energy to broadcast a broad spectrum radio signal that is powerful enough to overwhelm the single-frequency commercial stations.

Technically you're right, but the assumption is broad presence jamming. Now if one directs the jamming interference with say a Yagi directional antenna, that will cause the desired effect if directed at the fellows receiver for far less power. Even so, this does put the person jamming in jeopardy of tens of thousands of dollars in fines with a rather active FCC enforcement group backed up by other radio spectrum users who will "rat you out on a dime".

Perhaps a small and carefully focused EMP blast would be effective?

Do you know anyone who can throw lightning bolts?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 pm
Pepik wrote:

When Del saw this, he asked, "JMG, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?" :taco:
Praying - coco

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:12 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 pm
Del wrote:
Pepik wrote:

When Del saw this, he asked, "JMG, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?" :taco:
I thought he was alluding to this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:21 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:12 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 pm
Del wrote:
Pepik wrote:

I thought he was alluding to this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
:lol:
Praying - coco

tim_witten
Congregation
Congregation

Post by tim_witten » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Pepik wrote:

One of my dreams, before I got married, was a 100 yagi array for EME. She didn’t like the idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk