What's for dinner?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:49 pm

Pintos, cole slaw and cornbread.

Followed by homemade cookies-n-cream ice cream.
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed

MacGuru
I'm a PC
I'm a PC

Post by MacGuru » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Ribeye, grilled asparagus, grilled sweet peppers and scalloped potatoes
"If you get that you're cooler than MacGuru. And nobody's that cool."- LushMojo

Meh Meh Meh.

Brandino
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Brandino » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Leftover ham and BLT sandwiches. Fun stuff....

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Grilled sirloin, baked potatoes, mushrooms (in a shiraz reduction) and baked red onions.

I love it when I get stuck with the cooking...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

kendrck
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ

Post by kendrck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm

eggs ... toast ...

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:47 pm

spaghetti
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Texas Barbeque
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Chicken Pot Pie Soup. An Old Jaques family recipe that consists of bringing a large stock pot of lightly salted water to a full, rolling boil and violently hurling in four to five still frozen chicken pot pies while alternately cackling and muttering obscenities.

I think of it as soul food.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:18 am

A_Morley wrote:Chicken Pot Pie Soup. An Old Jaques family recipe that consists of bringing a large stock pot of lightly salted water to a full, rolling boil and violently hurling in four to five still frozen chicken pot pies while alternately cackling and muttering obscenities.

I think of it as soul food.
I like that the pot pies are violently hurled. I don't think this meal would be as good if they were just put in.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Skip

Post by Skip » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Fish and chips. Homemade Guinness batter with cod and some walleye that really should've been taken out of the freezer ages ago.

(And the absolute first time I've managed to get a deep-fry batter to work. And there was much rejoicing...)
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:59 pm

chinese take out

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Frozen pizza
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm

BBQ Beef Baked Potato, loaded with enough butter, cheese, and sour cream to make any dairy farmer happy. Then I split it with my bride in a vain effort to spread the caloric guilt.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:12 pm

To make you understand just how awesome my dinner was tonight, I have to tell the story of the whole experience and show you a picture. I started with a really good cut of strip steak, poured Arcadia Ales' Scottish Ale on it, and rubbed it with fresh cracked sea salt and pepper and just a bit of McCormick's steak seasoning. I then let it fall to room temperature, and put on my new charcoal grill (a graduation gift from my girlfriend's dad). I smoked a bowl of Prince Albert in a Yello-Bole while I prepared and cooked the steak to a wonderful medium-rare (closer to rare), and then as I let the juices work in the finished product, I steamed some potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. When the vegetables were done, I melted real butter over them and cracked some sea salt and pepper. I then drank Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale with the meal. After I'd finished, I smoked a bowl of With Pipe and Book (an English) while I polished off the rest of the ale.

I must have just been lucky with this steak because I'm no expert on beef, and I've only had one steak in my life that even compared to this one. Seriously, this was one of the top five mealsof my life.

Praise to our God, whose unknowable creative power made food taste this great!

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm

Tonight, I made beer batter from scratch and fried some tilapia, fried some homemade fries, steamed some vegetables, and washed it down with Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Man Colton, that steak meal sounds just about perfect. Made me very hungry.

For dinner tonight I had pork steaks on the grill, steamed veggies, corn bread, and pineapple.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Papa John's Pizza

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:15 pm

colton wrote:To make you understand just how awesome my dinner was tonight, I have to tell the story of the whole experience and show you a picture. I started with a really good cut of strip steak, poured Arcadia Ales' Scottish Ale on it, and rubbed it with fresh cracked sea salt and pepper and just a bit of McCormick's steak seasoning. I then let it fall to room temperature, and put on my new charcoal grill (a graduation gift from my girlfriend's dad). I smoked a bowl of Prince Albert in a Yello-Bole while I prepared and cooked the steak to a wonderful medium-rare (closer to rare), and then as I let the juices work in the finished product, I steamed some potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. When the vegetables were done, I melted real butter over them and cracked some sea salt and pepper. I then drank Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale with the meal. After I'd finished, I smoked a bowl of With Pipe and Book (an English) while I polished off the rest of the ale.

I must have just been lucky with this steak because I'm no expert on beef, and I've only had one steak in my life that even compared to this one. Seriously, this was one of the top five mealsof my life.

Praise to our God, whose unknowable creative power made food taste this great!
Looks like a great meal - but a totally crappy steak knife. I know what to get you for a wedding present.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks for the picture and story. I had planned on having steak tomorrow night and this gets me ready all the more.

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:54 am

John-Boy wrote:Looks like a great meal - but a totally crappy steak knife. I know what to get you for a wedding present.
Sweet, I'll put that on my list of things not to buy before I tie the knot. :D