What's for dinner?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
claypipe
Congregation
Congregation

What's for dinner?

Post by claypipe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Beef stew, just now added the carrots. Perfect meal for a 45 degree fall evening.
If you want to make God laugh, just tell Him your plans for the future.

Dug
Biff
Biff

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Dug » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:22 pm

claypipe wrote:Beef stew, just now added the carrots. Perfect meal for a 45 degree fall evening.
A 45-degree fall? Sounds about half as painful as a 90-degree fall.

But beef stew does sound delicious. Mmm. And cooking does seem more appealing (and indoors much homier) on crisp, fall evenings.

mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon

Post by mountainman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:36 pm

Dinner? who knows. Left overs probably.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

anixi
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by anixi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:50 pm

I myself prefer the 11.25 degree falls myself. No idea about dinner, am hungry though. No lunch today, too busy making pipes.

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:55 pm

anixi wrote:I myself prefer the 11.25 degree falls myself. No idea about dinner, am hungry though. No lunch today, too busy making pipes.
I'd be glad to trade you some dinner for one of your pipes. :)

claypipe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by claypipe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm

I think the 3 of you will be going to bed without dinner.

Zed
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser

Post by Zed » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:12 pm

KFC

was gonna be pizza but the wait was too long. Never keep a fat man waiting for his food. :evil:
YEAH COBS

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:20 pm

We had a nice dinner of pot roast, mashed potatos and seasoned green beans at our local "upscale" eatery, Cafe 35. Upscale in this case means the prices are about 15% higher than everywhere else.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

Zed

Post by Zed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:40 am

For tonight I am making a big 'ol pot of chili. MMMMMMM can't wait.
YEAH COBS

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:11 am

I think I'm going to make pasta with salami and spinach in a very spicy red sauce tonight.

Zed

Post by Zed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:21 am

colton wrote:I think I'm going to make pasta with salami and spinach in a very spicy red sauce tonight.
Sounds nice would you mind sharing the recipe?
YEAH COBS

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Sure, it's really easy, and it only takes one pot, so clean up is fast. I just kind of make it up as I go, so the quantities are far from exact, sorry. Fortunately, most of the ingredients in this are easy to smell so you can just add until it smells good.

Cook up some pasta (I prefer bow tie with this dish), slice some good German salami, and tear up some fresh spinach. Drain the pasta and leave it in the colander, and pour a bit of red wine into the hot pot followed by the salami and spinach and let it sizzle for a couple of seconds. Then pour in some ready-made marinara sauce from the grocery store and stir it up. You might need to add some red wine at this point if the salami and spinach soaked too much up. Add spices to taste (any mixed Italian spice will do) and many heavy splashes of Tabasco, stirring all the while. Then pour the pasta back in and stir. Just before dishing it out, stir in some basil (fresh is great if you have the time to chop it). Voilá! Toasted garlic bread is a nice addition which you can easily make by pouring a bit of olive oil onto some bread then sprinkling garlic salt over, then put it face-down in a pan until it browns. This dish is also a good cadidate for pasta bake; to do so scoop it into a oven pan and grate cheese over the top until covered (I like to use Edam).

And if you like beer, you could not choose a better companion for this spread than Stella Artois.

Zed

Post by Zed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:28 pm

colton wrote:Sure, it's really easy, and it only takes one pot, so clean up is fast. I just kind of make it up as I go, so the quantities are far from exact, sorry. Fortunately, most of the ingredients in this are easy to smell so you can just add until it smells good.

Cook up some pasta (I prefer bow tie with this dish), slice some good German salami, and tear up some fresh spinach. Drain the pasta and leave it in the colander, and pour a bit of red wine into the hot pot followed by the salami and spinach and let it sizzle for a couple of seconds. Then pour in some ready-made marinara sauce from the grocery store and stir it up. You might need to add some red wine at this point if the salami and spinach soaked too much up. Add spices to taste (any mixed Italian spice will do) and many heavy splashes of Tabasco, stirring all the while. Then pour the pasta back in and stir. Just before dishing it out, stir in some basil (fresh is great if you have the time to chop it). Voilá! Toasted garlic bread is a nice addition which you can easily make by pouring a bit of olive oil onto some bread then sprinkling garlic salt over, then put it face-down in a pan until it browns. This dish is also a good cadidate for pasta bake; to do so scoop it into a oven pan and grate cheese over the top until covered (I like to use Edam).

And if you like beer, you could not choose a better companion for this spread than Stella Artois.
Thank you very much :D
YEAH COBS

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Post by Munkey » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Tonight I grilled up some steak kebabs with onion wedges. I also whipped up some hummus. Served with jasmine rice, and warmed flat bread.

Mmmmm.

jaysonwhelpley
Congregation
Congregation

Post by jaysonwhelpley » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:18 pm

I didn't know before hand, but it was spiced lamb from PF Changs.
<a>JaysonWhelpley.com</a> - website<br><a>blog.JaysonWhelpley.com</a> - ministry website<br><a>@jaysonwhelpley</a>- twitter

claypipe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by claypipe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:48 pm

Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. DELISH.

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 am

After a few years of tasty trials (and a couple not-so-tasty,) my wife has finally perfected her pizza dough. So tonight it will be pizza with hand-grated mozzarella, last year's canned tomato sauce (one year on the shelf seems to be the perfect timing), fresh garlic, sliced jalapenos, dried herbs from the garden, some pepperoni, and topped with another (but finer) layer of hand-grated mozzarella. Baked on a stone with cornmeal and olive oil. A side of applesauce and a glass of red ale will complete the meal.

Man, am I hungry.

freebird
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by freebird » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 am

beer brats on hoagey buns
I like my pipes bent and my razors straight.
.... .- -- / .-. .- -.. .. --- --..-- / -. --- - / .--- ..- ... - / ..-. --- .-. / --- .-.. -.. / -- . -. / .- -. -.. / ..-. .-. . --.- ...

Nathaniel_Firethorn
It's not fake and I can prove it.
It's not fake and I can prove it.

Post by Nathaniel_Firethorn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:26 am

Saturday: Shrimp risotto
Sunday: Pot roast

It was a good weekend! :D

~\U NF

PhilioG
A Mïnïstër
A Mïnïstër

Post by PhilioG » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:48 pm

White chicken chili tonight, oh yea.
"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny."
Garrison Keillor