What was your last exercise for physical fitness?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
huddsbaggie
rootle round the ear 'ole

Re: What was your last exercise for physical fitness?

Post by huddsbaggie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 am

50 normal press-ups straight off; brief rest, then 2 sets of 15 raised feet wide; 2 sets of 10 narrow arms. 2 mins of "plank", then leg raises. This is a gentle day. Do weights every other day. Walk everywhere lugging bags (no "wheelie" suitcases etc).

Decided to do something end of July cos I was getting to be a fat bastard working 12 hours a day in front of computer (working from home if not out at clients) then eating and drinking too much. So, through tough diet and hard work and no drinking in the period, I have gone from 15 stone to 12 stone 5 lb in two and half months (210lb to 173 lb, Yanks) but put on muscle, so it's looking GOOD!
"All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football"
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 am

huddsbaggie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 am
50 normal press-ups straight off; brief rest, then 2 sets of 15 raised feet wide; 2 sets of 10 narrow arms. 2 mins of "plank", then leg raises. This is a gentle day. Do weights every other day. Walk everywhere lugging bags (no "wheelie" suitcases etc).

Decided to do something end of July cos I was getting to be a fat bastard working 12 hours a day in front of computer (working from home if not out at clients) then eating and drinking too much. So, through tough diet and hard work and no drinking in the period, I have gone from 15 stone to 12 stone 5 lb in two and half months (210lb to 173 lb, Yanks) but put on muscle, so it's looking GOOD!
Somebody really ought to banjo this guy.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

huddsbaggie

Post by huddsbaggie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 am
huddsbaggie wrote:

I can rip thick legal volumes apart with bare hands, ponner.
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:14 pm

huddsbaggie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 am
hugodrax wrote:
huddsbaggie wrote:

Taking the piss will do ye no good, ya scowse. Pretending to be a real tough bounder, no lie, when the town knows ye're a QC Quango-man what reviews books on port in ye're spare time.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 pm

huddsbaggie wrote:

Congratulations. If you don't already, try working pull-ups/chin-ups in. You'll fall in love with with them after you get your first 5. Nothing makes me feel more bass ass than busting out a bunch of pull ups in front of my wife.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

huddsbaggie

Post by huddsbaggie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:14 pm
huddsbaggie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 am
hugodrax wrote:
huddsbaggie wrote:

Taking the piss will do ye no good, ya scowse. Pretending to be a real tough bounder, no lie, when the town knows ye're a QC Quango-man what reviews books on port in ye're spare time.
I think the computer generated that. Stupid computer. I'll tear its plug out.
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:25 am

The last exercise was the power clean. I should say I tried to power clean. I spent over an hour trying to work on it and just couldn't do one very well. I think my arms are too long.

One of the cornerstones of the program I'm on is squatting every time you workout. You haven't really lived until you've experienced glute spasms.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm in my fourth week of starting strength and man do I feel it. The last workout ended with dead lifts and weighted pull up. The program calls for more eating to keep the lifts going up and to aid in recovery. I'm not used to that and part of me is anxious about gaining weight. But hey, progressing on my lifts is very rewarding.