Smoked, Smoking, Will Smoke?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Re: Smoked, Smoking, Will Smoke?

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Currently smoking a bowl of Barbados Plantation is my CPS POY'14 meer.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Prairie Wind in a Savinelli 320.
In search of a sig line that somehow doesn't offend someone who richly deserves it.

LaVerna
Congregation
Congregation

Post by LaVerna » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Ordered today some GQ (British blender based in Nottingham) some Clementines Nip and Rum and Honey. Should arrive tomorrow and these blends are a bid to extend my palate and tastebuds a little more. Also on order is a new lighter (inexpensive) and a new Falcon bowl.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 pm

The main tourist street in my mountain town is Cherry Street. While I've never been a fan of cherry tobacco, the guy opening the B&M I mentioned in the other thread, wants to make some kind of tobacco blend named after the street. I'm currently smoking the variation we are trying. I'm thinking less cherry tobacco in the blend, which seems silly considering, but this Very Cherry blend is strong stuff.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Smoking it again. It is a smooth blend, but I'm still not a fan of cherry baccy.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 pm

First Sam Gawith's Navy Flake in a Dunhill Black Briar (Love this stuff, pity the tin is dwindling)

Now Old Virginia Flake in a Mauro Armellini (I swear it has vanilla in it, but it says unflavored...)
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Rattlesnake Mountain in a Nording 925.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Rattlesnake Mountain in a Pre-Republic Peterson 999.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Some random English blend in Dad's pipe, aka the CPS Collective.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Currently smoking C&D Sam's Blend in a Savinelli billiard.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:35 pm

My own English blend from the shop, called Rattlesnake Mountain, in a Nording 925.

DavidThayne
Congregation
Congregation
Location: Rush County Kansas (More dogs than people)> Three hours west of Wichita.

Post by DavidThayne » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:45 pm

I tend to smoke aromatics in the fall and winter. I purchase tobacco by the tin, convert it to a really small Mason jar to keep it fresh, label the jar. This goes on for awhile (months) or at least it did. Finally I mixed all of those small Mason jars' contents into one quart size Mason jar, shook it up, and there you have it. It's pretty darn good, if you like aromatics.

Smoking the Heinz 57 (more like 6 or 7) in a large Ardor. And best of all I'm on the hunt for more "new" tins now. :lol:
O God, if in the day of battle I forget Thee, [please] do not Thou forget me. - Anonymous

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Something old, something new, something toasting all of you!
Feck em if they can't take a joke... :!:

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Currently smoking Dunhill EMP in a Nate King Poker.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 pm

My own shop English blend called Rattlesnake Mountain in my Nate King poker. I do love this pipe.

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:16 am

Last night Carter Hall in a Savinelli Bent Brandy with Chamomile Tea and a Hemmingway short story to wind down. Just about right.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

saltedplug
Usher
Usher

Post by saltedplug » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:17 am

I'm tending toward a proper review of Sillems 1695 Councilor, but a few preliminary remarks.

Smoking it now in a group 3 pre-trans Barling billiard. Full perique but not a perique blend. Refined Virginias with the perique opened, which in my mind means something only similar to a large/larger amount than some other blends but which distinction I am currently not at liberty to make (I don't know what I mean. Escudo has a good quantity of Perique as well but I wouldn't call it "open":)). Fruity. Sour. Very complex. Lovely.

For those of you unacquainted with Sillems Commodore Flake, buy it today, if you can find it. Last I heard the distributor was out. A quantity of Latakia that is neither herbaceous nor smoky but very dark. Dark-Fired for oomph. Black Cavendish for smoothness. So tasty you think it's candy or topped. Has the same steamed-press profile as several of the recent HH MB blends.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Smoking Blue Diamond in a Peterson 314 System.

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 pm

DGT of PSLBF with a few years on it in "The Unmarked Billiard," and next is one of my own "hybrid" blends:

1:1:1 combo of C&D Kajun Kake, SG Kendal Plug, and early 80s MB Royal Twist, with a pinch of GH Kendal #7. Just threw it together, and it's been in the jar unopened for nearly three years! Should be interesting...

Well, Midnight Edit:

I got into talking about twists, and am going to make my next bowl some nicely-aged GH Sweet Coconut Twist, gifted to me by Jocose. I had tried it before he sent it to me, and my original purchase from 2010 might still be in the jar with his gift (gift is German for poison!), but I'll have to see. Forget how old he told me the stuff he sent me in 2012 was.

I'm actually a little scared about smoking my hybrid blend. I really did just throw it together because I was finishing a tin of KK and Royal Twist from the 80s at the same time, and added Kendal plug for quality, and a pinch of Kendal #7 for a kick. Will smoke the GHSCT first, then see what three years in the jar has done to my little experiment!

Another Edit: I took another look at the jar Jocose gave me of Coconut Twist, and he jarred it in Jan-2009, so it is well over 7 years old, and very nice! Probably a year older than the bit I already had. The sort of thing you can take a couple puffs on at a time over hours...
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Blue Diamond in a Rocky Donegal Peterson 999.