Sad News

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Locked
User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6399
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Sad News

Post by mountainman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 am

This story is a bit delayed, but, I have broken a pipe. When I was moving out of the barracks and into my house one of my pipes, a Tinsky, fell off a shelf and broke. It was a good, large bowled pipe, some good memories with it. Just thought I'd share this sad story with yall.
Maybe the wife will let me replace it with a Lepeltier clay?
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
dennisthemenace
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 4553
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, IN USA
Contact:

Post by dennisthemenace » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:14 am

I would think that Mark Tinsky would be able to repair it. A mouthpiece is an easy fix. Splicing a shank together is a harder job; but it can be done.
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

User avatar
smokemonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: in Zed's lavatory, getting upgraded
Contact:

Post by smokemonkey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:47 am

is there a shop where you can get it fixed? and where in germany are you, sorry, but i forgot. and most importantly, did you make it to Oktoberfest?
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier.

User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6399
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:30 am

It was broken pretty badly, a bit beyond repair I think.
SM, I am in Vilseck, and there aren't any pipe shops here, the closet one is in Amberg. And I didn't make it all the way to Oktoberfest in Munchen, but I went to a beer fest the same weekend in Nurnberg.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
smokemonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: in Zed's lavatory, getting upgraded
Contact:

Post by smokemonkey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:46 am

nurneberg is nice, but make sure you get to bertchesgaden sometime. the alps are beautiful!
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23771
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Post by Skip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:04 am

Hopefully you haven't tossed it. At the least get somebody who knows what they're doing to look at it, even if it has to wait until you get back state-side. Pictures might help Cros or Ben (or others, not trying to leave anybody out) do a decent triage.

User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6399
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Whats that you say about tossing it Skip? Er, no, why only an idiot would have tossed it. But...uh...ya see what happened was.... :oops:
I'm an idiot.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
Briarfox
Brother of the Bum Blocks
Brother of the Bum Blocks
Posts: 1435
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Santa Ana, California
Contact:

Post by Briarfox » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Pics or it didn't happen :D
IC XC NIKA

User avatar
Jester
Elder
Elder
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sad News

Post by Jester » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Sad that this is happening again. I must admit that it was hard to read the articles headline without thinking, "what were you doing for the past 12 years?"
New Orleans on edge as city scrambles to fix pumping system
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/big-ea ... smsnnews11
The city's infrastructure was crumbling for years before the devastation unleashed in 2005 by levee breaches in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath. The federal government earmarked billions of dollars for repairs and upgrades after the hurricane, but the problems have persisted.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14612
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Sad News

Post by hugodrax » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Jester wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Sad that this is happening again. I must admit that it was hard to read the articles headline without thinking, "what were you doing for the past 12 years?"
New Orleans on edge as city scrambles to fix pumping system
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/big-ea ... smsnnews11
The city's infrastructure was crumbling for years before the devastation unleashed in 2005 by levee breaches in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath. The federal government earmarked billions of dollars for repairs and upgrades after the hurricane, but the problems have persisted.
You're actually not as smart as your brother. That's pretty surprising, actually.

He'd have started a new thread.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Jester
Elder
Elder
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sad News

Post by Jester » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:47 pm
Jester wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Sad that this is happening again. I must admit that it was hard to read the articles headline without thinking, "what were you doing for the past 12 years?"
New Orleans on edge as city scrambles to fix pumping system
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/big-ea ... smsnnews11
The city's infrastructure was crumbling for years before the devastation unleashed in 2005 by levee breaches in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath. The federal government earmarked billions of dollars for repairs and upgrades after the hurricane, but the problems have persisted.
You're actually not as smart as your brother. That's pretty surprising, actually.
I see what you did there.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13689
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Sad News

Post by Cleon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 pm

This is a hoot.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24969
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Sad News

Post by Rusty » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Cleon wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 pm
This is a hoot.
It's in the wrong forum. And it's politics and that is verboten. Only fellowship discussion up to a dozen people is permitted here. Once it extends to a city it's no longer fellowship but politics. Ok?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Sad News

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Jester

Don't you have a box to unpack?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Jester
Elder
Elder
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sad News

Post by Jester » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm
Jester

Don't you have a box to unpack?
Not yet.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Locked