pipe sighting

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
freebird
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

pipe sighting

Post by freebird » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:28 pm

not sure if there is another post on this topic, if there is my apologies. Was watching Nick at nite and Fresh Prince was on. In one scene Uncle Phil was smoking a nice bent, didn't really get a good look at it as there were no close-ups of him with it.
I like my pipes bent and my razors straight.
.... .- -- / .-. .- -.. .. --- --..-- / -. --- - / .--- ..- ... - / ..-. --- .-. / --- .-.. -.. / -- . -. / .- -. -.. / ..-. .-. . --.- ...

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue May 02, 2006 7:03 am

Saw a couple pipes in "It Happened One Night."

PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by PipeAndPint » Tue May 02, 2006 7:25 am

i've seen old men smoking pipes around the city of Johnstown.. it just seems to strike at random.. i'll be driving along, and a car will pull out of a driveway - and WHAMO! - the guy is smoking a pipe.
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

SinisterHand
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SinisterHand » Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Can't remember who but one character in "Mars Attacks" smokes a pipe.
<div>The artist formerly known as Creepy Looking Baby.</div>

TweednBriar
A Majority Text Kinda Guy

Post by TweednBriar » Wed May 03, 2006 7:44 pm

In The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, starring Gary Cooper, pipes are a standard prop. There is also a discussion of tobacco blends.

GScott
Geezer "Juxtaposition" Extraordinaire

Post by GScott » Thu May 04, 2006 10:25 am

"Joe vs The Volcano". Peter Faulk is smoking a naked-lady meerschaum in the begining.
(A fun movie by the way. We wern't impressed when we saw it 20 years ago, but there's more in it than at first "take").

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Thu May 04, 2006 10:47 am

GScott wrote:"Joe vs The Volcano". Peter Faulk is smoking a naked-lady meerschaum in the begining.
(A fun movie by the way. We wern't impressed when we saw it 20 years ago, but there's more in it than at first "take").
prolly only funny to those who are gallbladderless.. did your wife like it, or just you?
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

GScott

Post by GScott » Thu May 04, 2006 12:23 pm

It was on yesterday noon. I was the only one home and watched it under the influence of pain-killers. I thought it was A GREAT MOVIE :lol:

isaac
butt, Ben
butt, Ben

Post by isaac » Fri May 05, 2006 11:12 am

I watched a show the other night... I don't normaly watch it but I see it on a lot. It's called Scrubs. This is probably only the second episode I've ever watched. On the show there is a hospital staff. The head dude at the hospital is played by this "quirky" old guy. Not sure if they're making him out to be crazy-like or just not normal. Anyway, his "new thing" (they made it out to be "new" anyway) is smoking a pipe. I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a white Grabow logo on the stem. I wasn't familiar with it being a grabow shape tho (I'm not expert either). And also the bit looked a little too thin to be a grabow. Anyway... wasn't sure what to think. Were they putting on the finishing touches of making him seem wierd by making him a pipe smoker? Or were they just making him not-normal? Anyone see the show?

SinisterHand
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SinisterHand » Fri May 05, 2006 2:32 pm

isaac wrote:I watched a show the other night... I don't normaly watch it but I see it on a lot. It's called Scrubs. This is probably only the second episode I've ever watched. On the show there is a hospital staff. The head dude at the hospital is played by this "quirky" old guy. Not sure if they're making him out to be crazy-like or just not normal. Anyway, his "new thing" (they made it out to be "new" anyway) is smoking a pipe. I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a white Grabow logo on the stem. I wasn't familiar with it being a grabow shape tho (I'm not expert either). And also the bit looked a little too thin to be a grabow. Anyway... wasn't sure what to think. Were they putting on the finishing touches of making him seem wierd by making him a pipe smoker? Or were they just making him not-normal? Anyone see the show?
Didn't see that episode but his character is alway on a power trip.
<div>The artist formerly known as Creepy Looking Baby.</div>

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Fri May 05, 2006 2:38 pm

I saw this guy sitting on my deck today smoking a pipe.. :)

TweednBriar

Post by TweednBriar » Fri May 05, 2006 2:53 pm

PipeAndPint wrote:I saw this guy sitting on my deck today smoking a pipe.. :)
An out of body experience?

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Fri May 05, 2006 5:10 pm

TweednBriar wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote:I saw this guy sitting on my deck today smoking a pipe.. :)
An out of body experience?
Something like that.. :P

GScott

Post by GScott » Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm

But NOT out of hat!

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon May 08, 2006 9:35 am

Saw a guy smoking a pipe walking around Friday morning - around 10:30 am.

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 pm

Saw more guys than could be conveniently counted walking around smoking pipes on Saturday...

...and one woman with a pipe...

...and at least three women with cigars.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon May 08, 2006 5:10 pm

Saw some guy with a naked horse meershaum late Saturday morning - he wasn't smoking it, though.

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Tue May 09, 2006 11:40 am

isaac wrote:I watched a show the other night... I don't normaly watch it but I see it on a lot. It's called Scrubs. This is probably only the second episode I've ever watched. On the show there is a hospital staff. The head dude at the hospital is played by this "quirky" old guy. Not sure if they're making him out to be crazy-like or just not normal. Anyway, his "new thing" (they made it out to be "new" anyway) is smoking a pipe. I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a white Grabow logo on the stem. I wasn't familiar with it being a grabow shape tho (I'm not expert either). And also the bit looked a little too thin to be a grabow. Anyway... wasn't sure what to think. Were they putting on the finishing touches of making him seem wierd by making him a pipe smoker? Or were they just making him not-normal? Anyone see the show?
I was gonna mention that. The character's name is Dr. Kelso, and he's had a pipe in a few episodes.
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Tue May 09, 2006 5:35 pm

On the way to work this morning I was treated to a pleasent sight in the oncomming lane: that of Pastor Dean, author, scinetist, local celebrity, and constant pipe smoker. For those of you that may not have heard of him, 'Pastor' is his actual first name.

pipesmoke
Congregation
Congregation

Post by pipesmoke » Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 pm

A few days ago I spotted a man puffing a pipe in the 1954 Audie Murphy western "Destry". It's about a lawman without a gun who tames a town.