Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general

What are the fundamental dividing lines among pipe smokers?

Straight or bent pipe?
5
17%
English or aromatic blend?
19
63%
Poker or billiard shape?
1
3%
Mary?
5
17%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Posts: 12559
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:10 pm

coco wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am
coco wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am
cob vs. briar

Image
I had forgotten this one. It made me :)
Forgive him Father, he knows not what he does.
Image

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19686
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Jocose » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:10 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am
coco wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am
cob vs. briar

Image
I had forgotten this one. It made me :)
Forgive him Father, he knows not what he does.
:lol: and
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

I'm what some CPS'ers have called "Worse than advertised"

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm

A person is not rendered great by virtue of the pipe they smoke; rather, a pipe is rendered great by virtue of the person who smokes it.

Great people who smoked cobs:

Mark Twain
Herbert Hoover
Douglas MacArthur
Daniel Boone
Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
Norman Rockwell

Mammy Yokum
Image

And this guy:
Image


Happy Fourth!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 4705
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by Goose55 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:51 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm
A person is not rendered great by virtue of the pipe they smoke; rather, a pipe is rendered great by virtue of the person who smokes it.

Great people who smoked cobs:

Mark Twain
Herbert Hoover
Douglas MacArthur
Daniel Boone
Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
Norman Rockwell

Mammy Yokum
Image

And this guy:
Image


Happy Fourth!
Mamma Yokum sure knew how to live. What a happy face.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:51 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm
A person is not rendered great by virtue of the pipe they smoke; rather, a pipe is rendered great by virtue of the person who smokes it.

Great people who smoked cobs:

Mark Twain
Herbert Hoover
Douglas MacArthur
Daniel Boone
Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
Norman Rockwell

Mammy Yokum
Image

And this guy:
Image


Happy Fourth!
Mamma Yokum sure knew how to live. What a happy face.
I love that picture.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14557
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:24 am

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:51 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm
A person is not rendered great by virtue of the pipe they smoke; rather, a pipe is rendered great by virtue of the person who smokes it.

Great people who smoked cobs:

Mark Twain
Herbert Hoover
Douglas MacArthur
Daniel Boone
Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
Norman Rockwell

Mammy Yokum
Image

And this guy:
Image


Happy Fourth!
Mamma Yokum sure knew how to live. What a happy face.
I love that picture.
You two are pretty much the real Cletus and Burpcloth, aren't you?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am

Yes!

So more refreshing than reading another tirade against college professors and academia, all professors being atheistic, anti-Christian, baby killing, communist, tofu eating, snowflakes who drive Priuses, liberals who are destroying the minds of America's youth, fomenting violence against God-fearing Americans, and tearing apart the fragile fabric of society.

This, along with recentl being elevated to redneck status have me walking on air!
Makes me want to smoke only my lone cob for a while and maybe shoot a couple of squirrels for dinner.

Can I be Cletus?
Please?
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14557
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Yes!

So more refreshing than reading another tirade against college professors and academia, all professors being atheistic, anti-Christian, baby killing, communist, tofu eating, snowflakes who drive Priuses, liberals who are destroying the minds of America's youth, fomenting violence against God-fearing Americans, and tearing apart the fragile fabric of society.

This, along with recentl being elevated to redneck status have me walking on air!
Makes me want to smoke only my lone cob for a while and maybe shoot a couple of squirrels for dinner.

Can I be Cletus?
Please?
No, you're Burpcloth.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Yes!

So more refreshing than reading another tirade against college professors and academia, all professors being atheistic, anti-Christian, baby killing, communist, tofu eating, snowflakes who drive Priuses, liberals who are destroying the minds of America's youth, fomenting violence against God-fearing Americans, and tearing apart the fragile fabric of society.

This, along with recentl being elevated to redneck status have me walking on air!
Makes me want to smoke only my lone cob for a while and maybe shoot a couple of squirrels for dinner.

Can I be Cletus?
Please?
No, you're Burpcloth.
Damn.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14557
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Yes!

So more refreshing than reading another tirade against college professors and academia, all professors being atheistic, anti-Christian, baby killing, communist, tofu eating, snowflakes who drive Priuses, liberals who are destroying the minds of America's youth, fomenting violence against God-fearing Americans, and tearing apart the fragile fabric of society.

This, along with recentl being elevated to redneck status have me walking on air!
Makes me want to smoke only my lone cob for a while and maybe shoot a couple of squirrels for dinner.

Can I be Cletus?
Please?
No, you're Burpcloth.
Damn.
It's a compliment. Cletus frequently gets stuck in a groove. Burpcloth is more intellectually fluid.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Yes!

So more refreshing than reading another tirade against college professors and academia, all professors being atheistic, anti-Christian, baby killing, communist, tofu eating, snowflakes who drive Priuses, liberals who are destroying the minds of America's youth, fomenting violence against God-fearing Americans, and tearing apart the fragile fabric of society.

This, along with recentl being elevated to redneck status have me walking on air!
Makes me want to smoke only my lone cob for a while and maybe shoot a couple of squirrels for dinner.

Can I be Cletus?
Please?
No, you're Burpcloth.
Damn.
It's a compliment. Cletus frequently gets stuck in a groove. Burpcloth is more intellectually fluid.
Yes, but it's Cletushood that escapes me and to which I aspire.
A cob, a cob! My kingdom for a cob! (Forgive me, Morely.)
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31800
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by John-Boy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

An end vs. a mean?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Fundamental divides in pipe smoking

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:51 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:14 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:59 am
Hit the rack, Goose. You are up way late
:dance:
Was plagued by a bit of allergy very early this morning and just decided to get up,... at what, was it 4:30 am? Means I'll have to take a nap. I love naps.
I get up at 4:30 a.m. every day.
Is that for the morning show? Or do you just like seeing the sunrise?
Definitely for work. On weekends I sleep in until 6:00 ... I've grown to really enjoy early mornings, though. It is the best time of day, especially for a pipe and coffee.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Post Reply