Smokeless Tobacco Thread

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Smokeless Tobacco Thread

Post by Del » Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 am

Let's talk about enjoying tobacco when you can't smoke.

Snuff, snus, dip, chew. To spit or not to spit, that is the question.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Del

Re: Smokeless Tobacco Thread

Post by Del » Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 am

I enjoy snuff, but not very often. It is a bit messy. The sudden lift of a small dose of nicotine is quite nice. Viking Spear is my favorite -- a bit coarser than most, easy to take, spearmint flavored.

I carry snus (Camel Frost, small pouch) with me, every day. I mostly use it when I am physically working on something. It is a gentle lift, helps me stay alert and focused. And I like spearmint.

I have no interest in dip or chew. The spittle is disgusting, and the nicotine delivery is an overdose for me.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu May 12, 2016 7:26 am

I am a pipe smoker. If I can't smoke, I either (1) wait until I can or (2) change the circumstances until I can. I don't understand "Let's talk about enjoying tobacco when you can't smoke."
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Del

Post by Del » Thu May 12, 2016 7:40 am

I am also primarily a pipe smoker. But I also enjoy cigars and smokeless tobacco, at suitable times.

Tobacco is a hobby.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu May 12, 2016 8:50 am

UncleBob wrote:I am a pipe smoker. If I can't smoke, I either (1) wait until I can or (2) change the circumstances until I can.
+word

I haven't used a smokeless tobacco product in many, many years and, truth be told, never really enjoyed it when I did. Every now and then the idea of trying snus has some appeal, but a vision of my sinuses exploding on contact has kept me from experimenting.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

jdavis2809
Elder
Elder

Post by jdavis2809 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:18 am

I usually get a pouch of chew every summer to take fishing or camping. Red Man Golden Blend is a favorite. Right now a coworker gave me a can of Copenhagen Mint to try. It's pretty good. But yeah the nicotine is a bit much.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu May 12, 2016 9:31 am

I chewed Levi Garrett for a short time in High School (long story involving a girl and rodeo team and a very angry bull)...Then when I was guiding snowmobile tours in Breckenridge, I got a cold and a fellow guide gave me some snuff and it helped me breathe and I was hooked on it for a Winter-Spring...even bought some Rasberry snuff at a small tobacco shop in Denver....but never used more than two or three snuffs...

I have never had the desire to try it again...and since I only smoke to relax...I smoke when I have time and don't use tobacco when I can't.

However I abuse coffee all day long.... :D
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu May 12, 2016 9:38 am

I love nasal snuff and schmalzers and I've prolly tried nearly all of them from around the world. Really hard to find anymore, not available in the US anymore either so needless to say I don't snuff much.

I found a big tin of Samuel Gawith Black Coffee snuff I sealed in a mason jar I may open.

I've used General Swedish Snus in the past, which is considered a good grade product and one can gut it but it's not somethings I think about often.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

I'm what some CPS'ers have called "Worse than advertised"

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu May 12, 2016 10:14 am

I chewed plug tobacco (U***n Standard) from age 14-16. At age 16 I went to work at a service station and my boss didn't like me serving customers with a big wad in my mouth so I switched to Copenhagen and became hopelessly addicted to nicotine. I dipped Cope for the next 31 years and finally stopped at age 47. Every once in a while - seven years after quitting - I'll find myself reaching in to my pocket for a chew after a meal. I really miss it. Caffeine is my main stimulant these days and it's not as effective. I took up the pipe hoping it would deliver the nicotine kick I desired but it's never been more than a hobby. Certainly not an addiction like I had earlier in life. That's probably a good thing.

I have a half dozen tins of snuff laying about and will take a snort once in a while, but it often feels like mainlining and I get heart palpitations.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Fri May 13, 2016 11:25 pm

I enjoyed the Camel snus in the yellow tin a few years ago while in college when I worked on my papers in a non-smoking house. It had the right nicotine and I could go longer without smoking. Now that we have new landlords who are anti-smoking nazis, Jogged some old memories.
I may pick up a few tins when I'm writing. I also buy a few packs a year of Ariva Java dissovable snuff for church (yeah I know, kinda redneck of me to do that in church, but services can last three hours long). Should I be employed, I may load up, but most places around here allow smoking on their grounds.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

philofumo
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information

Post by philofumo » Sat May 14, 2016 12:24 am

I'm an occasional snufftaker - prompted by a quest to better understand the various essences traditional to UK baccy blending, so I'm only really interested in those of English origin.

I agree that it's overly messy and somewhat strange, but also exhilarating and oddly at times has acted as a "cognitive enhancer" for me.

I also enjoy the snuff 'n puff with some Toque SP Extra and St. Bruno Flake - a luverly combination.

Sometimes I sprinkle Viking Dark and SP into my Dark Star to add a kick and make it even more especial.

I have been very very slow in sampling all the various snuffs and I'm still in learning mode.

One of the funniest and entertaining snuff threads I've read is this one:
http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/8748/a ... t-and-drip

: D

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Sat May 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Nothing beats a good pipe or cigar in my mind, but I enjoy most all forms of tobacco including the smokeless. Nasal snuff is my favorite form of smokeless. I've been working through several Toque tins, Lime Toast being my current favorite. I also have a love for chewing tobaccos. From the lightly sweetened Mail Pouch to the heavily sauced Redman blends; whether it be loose leaf, a twist, or a plug I enjoy most all of it. I'm an airplane mechanic in rural Ohio so spitting on the job offends very few. Other than while I'm at work or out in nature alone I don't chew tobacco. It's not very gentleman-like. I've tried snus and I don't mind it at all. It's something I get every once in a while, but if they quit making it I wouldn't think twice. I've never found a dip I like. They all smell awful to me, taste like they smell, and are just a mess in your mouth.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Del

Post by Del » Sat May 14, 2016 8:38 pm

I got some coupons in the mail for Grizzly wintergreen pouches.

I gather that "moist snuff" or "dip" tobacco is different from snus, and requires spitting. So I am not tempted to try this... I am happy with Camel Frost snus.

Unless someone tells me that Grizzly pouches can be worn in the upper lip and no spitting is required. Anyone?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun May 15, 2016 4:21 am

Del wrote:I got some coupons in the mail for Grizzly wintergreen pouches.

I gather that "moist snuff" or "dip" tobacco is different from snus, and requires spitting. So I am not tempted to try this... I am happy with Camel Frost snus.

Unless someone tells me that Grizzly pouches can be worn in the upper lip and no spitting is required. Anyone?
It can definitely be done.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sun May 15, 2016 5:28 am

+JMJ+

Cope or Skoal. Lower lip (and what's the alleged advantage of upper?). Flavor whichever. Spitting unnecessary.

Dry Snuff. Bruton, usually. F&T HDT, ideally.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Del

Post by Del » Sun May 15, 2016 6:50 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Cope or Skoal. Lower lip (and what's the alleged advantage of upper?). Flavor whichever. Spitting unnecessary.

Dry Snuff. Bruton, usually. F&T HDT, ideally.
Pouches fit discreetly in the upper lip.

And lower lip seems to trigger more salivation.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 am

Like all of Del's threads, this one was a bad idea.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Del

Post by Del » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 am
Are you really trying to shut down a discussion about tobacco?

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:13 am

Del wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 am
Are you really trying to shut down a discussion about tobacco?
Been stewing for a year on this one, eh?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

7formy1911
Sick of being a butthead
Sick of being a butthead

Post by 7formy1911 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:25 am

Every once in a while I'll get a bag of Beechnut or Red Man. Spittin' is fun and reminds me of when I would chew while working some hard labor jobs in the past. I still by far prefer my pipes but a little reminder that I can still be a knuckle dragging Neanderthal with a wad of chew isn't a bad thing.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."