Most Recent POY Smoke

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
CW Spook
yarn hank-winder
yarn hank-winder
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:31 pm
Location: Between the corn and soybean fields.
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by CW Spook » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Just finished a bowl of 1-Q in my '16.
"The king hath knowledge of all they intend, by interception they dream not of..." - King Henry V: Act 2
--In God we trust. All others we monitor.--

User avatar
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Winton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 pm

An old C&D blend, Mocha, in my 2016. First smoke!

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7211
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Winton wrote:An old C&D blend, Mocha, in my 2016. First smoke!
Heck yea! Break that sucker in!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19434
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by FredS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Been smokin' the heck out of the '16 POY. Ran a pouch of SWR aro through it in the last two weeks.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7211
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 pm

GLP Regents Flake in a 2013 POY


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by durangopipe » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Taking a break from end of term grading.
Classic Burley Kake in my 2016--waiting for the storm to hit.

Image

No snow in the yard on Dec 15 at 7,000'!
It was 45 deg. when I took this picture a few minutes ago and just starting to rain.

The mountains are now forecast to get 2-3 feet of snow over the next two days, but mostly rain down here.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7918
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 pm

durangopipe wrote:Taking a break from end of term grading.
Classic Burley Kake in my 2016--waiting for the storm to hit.

Image

No snow in the yard on Dec 15 at 7,000'!
It was 45 deg. when I took this picture a few minutes ago and just starting to rain.

The mountains are now forecast to get 2-3 feet of snow over the next two days, but mostly rain down here.
I could live there if it stayed 45 as the low.
I'm old but I'm happy.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by durangopipe » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:51 pm

sweetandsour wrote:I could live there if it stayed 45 as the low.
Yeah, the low Saturday morning is supposed to be around zero.
It always gets cold right after a big storm.

We'll likely see a few mornings around -20 before the winter is over.
But it's a dry cold . . .
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7918
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:59 pm

[quote=
But it's a dry cold . . .[/quote]

That's the deal, right there. Here on the coast, 40 degrees or so and an East wind will chill to the bone.
I'm old but I'm happy.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6068
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:35 pm

durangopipe wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:I could live there if it stayed 45 as the low.
Yeah, the low Saturday morning is supposed to be around zero.
It always gets cold right after a big storm.

We'll likely see a few mornings around -20 before the winter is over.
But it's a dry cold . . .
That's funny, dry cold :)
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Fainn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:43 am

East India Cellar Reserve in a POY 2016
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31805
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by John-Boy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:40 pm

More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32750
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:48 pm

John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
That looks fancy.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31805
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by John-Boy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
That looks fancy.
I haven't had a pipe finish do that before... though I've picked up estates that already suffered. I'll wait till it settles in then buff it up. "The scars are where the light shines through."
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32750
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:51 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
That looks fancy.
I haven't had a pipe finish do that before... though I've picked up estates that already suffered. I'll wait till it settles in then buff it up. "The scars are where the light shines through."
Unfortunately I've had a couple Petersons do this over the past year.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7211
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:18 pm

GLP Blackpoint in a 2016


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19782
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
What are you smoking, gasoline?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Fainn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
That looks fancy.
I haven't had a pipe finish do that before... though I've picked up estates that already suffered. I'll wait till it settles in then buff it up. "The scars are where the light shines through."
Unfortunately I've had a couple Petersons do this over the past year.
Happened to me on the very first pipe I bought which was a Dr. Grabow. Never happened again to any pipe after I developed my special breaking-in process.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7856
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by gravel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:50 am

I still haven't smoked the meer, my last poy. What year was that?

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19782
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Most Recent POY Smoke

Post by Jocose » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:07 am

Fainn wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
John-Boy wrote:More '08 Christmas Cheer from Michigander in my '16 POY.

It continues to develop more character...

Image
That looks fancy.
I haven't had a pipe finish do that before... though I've picked up estates that already suffered. I'll wait till it settles in then buff it up. "The scars are where the light shines through."
Unfortunately I've had a couple Petersons do this over the past year.
Happened to me on the very first pipe I bought which was a Dr. Grabow. Never happened again to any pipe after I developed my special breaking-in process.
Oh boy.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

Post Reply