Boswells Store

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Dlibbon
Elder
Elder

Boswells Store

Post by Dlibbon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Hey Everyone,
The wife and I are planning some summer vacation to visit some of my family in western PA. Trying to swing through and visit one of the Boswell locations. (Didn't realize they had 2). I remember some posts about a few CPS members visiting. Which location should I be aiming for? Advice?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Boswells Store

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Dlibbon wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:17 pm
Hey Everyone,
The wife and I are planning some summer vacation to visit some of my family in western PA. Trying to swing through and visit one of the Boswell locations. (Didn't realize they had 2). I remember some posts about a few CPS members visiting. Which location should I be aiming for? Advice?
Sir, I've only ever been to the original, from which I was banned for pointing out the hand blended bulks were Lanes tobacco. I've been back, but I never bought tobacco again! However, I am located in western Pennsylvania, specifically Pittsburgh. If it's convenient for you, I'd love to meet you. Let me know!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 pm

I visited the Chambersburg location, on Lincoln Way E, 3 or 4 summers ago.

A very nice guy was working there, I was the only customer in the shop, and we had a good conversation. I got a good deal on an estate London Made billiard; and also bought a few oz of their Sweet Tea, Christmas Cookie, and Country Road tobaccos, and I also found (and bought) an old tin of Presbyterian Mixture as I recall. It was a good stop during a very long trip.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 am

I've been to the original Chambersburg store many times. Good people; great shop.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Dlibbon
Elder
Elder

Post by Dlibbon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:11 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:43 pm
Dlibbon wrote:
Hey Everyone,
Sir, I've only ever been to the original, from which I was banned for pointing out the hand blended bulks were Lanes tobacco. I've been back, but I never bought tobacco again! However, I am located in western Pennsylvania, specifically Pittsburgh. If it's convenient for you, I'd love to meet you. Let me know!
I'd love to make that happen! We're going to be in Clarion but might make a trip to Pittsburgh to visit my brother while up north. What part of the city? I was born in the North Hills and bought my first pipe at what used to be Poor Richards in Station Square. (Now i think it's some kind of vape shop.) I'll keep you posted as plans develop.

Dlibbon
Elder
Elder

Post by Dlibbon » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:40 am

Well we made it there yesterday during a 12 hour car trip. Rolled in 20 min before they were set to close. Dan met us at the door with a big smile welcomed us in gave my wife a bottle of water, both my kids were immediately handed two wooden cigar boxes filled with candy. And then out came their Alaskan Malamute to play with. I'm not sure who had the better time me or my wife and kids!

Actually not true I did. Picked up a new pipe some baccy and a nice pipe bag. Recommend it if you are ever in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:53 am

Dlibbon wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:40 am

Well we made it there yesterday during a 12 hour car trip. Rolled in 20 min before they were set to close. Dan met us at the door with a big smile welcomed us in gave my wife a bottle of water, both my kids were immediately handed two wooden cigar boxes filled with candy. And then out came their Alaskan Malamute to play with. I'm not sure who had the better time me or my wife and kids!

Actually not true I did. Picked up a new pipe some baccy and a nice pipe bag. Recommend it if you are ever in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, you guys are quick. I'm in Shadyside, sir. But you're probably home by now. :)
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 am

Sounds about right. Good people.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:58 am

I believe that the Boswells still have a fatwa on my head.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 am

hugodrax wrote:
Dlibbon wrote:
Hey Everyone,
Which blends? I'm a fan of Dan's, Piper's Pleasure, Northwoods, and Mild English. Are any of these renames?
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am

Boswell's is a great place to stop by. They are friendly folks and have a nice stock of great pipes an tobaccos. I own three Boswell pipes. The Boswell style can be unique. All smoke great though! I used to stop in on a regular basis on my trips from maryland's eastern shore back home to SW PA.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Dlibbon wrote:
Hey Everyone,
Calling them out on rebranding Lane bulk tobacco as their own is what got me on their blacklist as well, that and my ridiculing them for their rustic mannerisms and ridiculous malapropisms. The Boswell's and I were bound to come to loggerheads. I'd have been surprised if they had not disliked me.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS