The Wonders of Pipe Smoking

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

The Wonders of Pipe Smoking

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 pm

One of the most exceptional comforts I've found in this life is being able to smoke my pipe daily. I must admit that before coming to Kenya I smoked maybe 3 bowls a week, but since being here I've had a more open schedule to set aside some time to smoke at least one bowl a day. I've tried more tobacco in the past 5 years than I had previously, which has opened my palate quite a bit. Though I still consider myself a latakia lover above all else, I've become quite fond flakes and simple burley shags. The only down part about all of this smoking is the inability to acquire any whatsoever here; even London airports have stopped stocking Condor, St. Bruno, and the like. My stock is wearing thin, so I've cut back on my leisure smoking until I can bring back another 250g this summer.

I hate to say this but I do feel as if having the pleasure of smoking a pipe has kept me sane through these trying and stressful years and even help me, albeit to a somewhat small degree, keep the faith when everything seems to be crumbling. It's the simple things that ground us, and pipe smoking is one of the few things that has helped me persevere. Life is good on so many levels and, at least to me, pipe smoking is one of those contributors.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: The Wonders of Pipe Smoking

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Many is the time that I have been stressed and troubled and the pleasure of a smoke has allowed me to sit still and think the situation through or better to listen to the God's spirit guiding me. We all need to be still and know that HE is in control.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD