First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm

I got to thinking about Box Passes, and the last one I remember seeing was a Summer 2017 one. For some reason though it seemed like it had just happened. So I jumped back to the thread and I was reminded, that was the Box Pass that was waylaid by Hurricanes, so the "Summer" pass actually ended in October. Oh well, it's never too soon for another one.
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
As tradition dictates:
Rulez
1. When you receive the box, post that you received the box in this thread.
2. The general idea is take a tin, leave a tin; the common sense application is you add no less than an equal amount of unopened tins that you took.
3. You can take up to two unopened tins.
4. When you've taken your tins you post a new inventory in this thread detailing what you took and what remains. If you are too busy to do this step, don't sign up.
5. You mail the box to the next person on the list within 3 business days using a trackable method. You must post in this thread that you have shipped the box and PM the leader and the next person the tracking number.
6. If the box is unusable when you receive it you must replace it.

Not Rulez, just guidelinez
* You can add gifts to specified people as long as they fit in the box and they are clearly marked for the recipient.
* You can add bulk baggies for sampling. A general rule is to replace whatever you take. If you take all of a bag, add one of your own, or take a pinch and pass it on! The amounts are up to you.

So if you are ok with following these rulez, and having your name and address shared with up to 12 people while treating that information confidentially, read on!

To participate you are:
A respected member of CPS for no less than 12 months
18 years old or older
Living in the USA. We rather not pass along expensive taxes, duties, vats, and cats to you.

If you want to play pass with a box of tobacco you will need to send me a personal message with your full name, address, email address, and phone number. The email address and phone number will not be made available to everyone.

We will close registration when we have 12 participants. A mailing order will be posted, starting and ending with me.

I will place at least 4 unopened tins of tobacco in the box and possibly some other things like samples or free tins (like an aromatic tin or pouch) or gifts or something else! Who knows? I'll post an inventory to this thread and ship the box and post tracking info in this thread. The next person will get the box and say, hey I got it! when they get it. They will then take what they take and add what they add and post a new inventory. Mail it. Post tracking, rinse, wash, repeat until the box returns to me.
Who is in?
:taco:
What Bob said. Who's in?
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15798
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm
I got to thinking about Box Passes, and the last one I remember seeing was a Summer 2017 one. For some reason though it seemed like it had just happened. So I jumped back to the thread and I was reminded, that was the Box Pass that was waylaid by Hurricanes, so the "Summer" pass actually ended in October. Oh well, it's never too soon for another one.
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
As tradition dictates:
Rulez
1. When you receive the box, post that you received the box in this thread.
2. The general idea is take a tin, leave a tin; the common sense application is you add no less than an equal amount of unopened tins that you took.
3. You can take up to two unopened tins.
4. When you've taken your tins you post a new inventory in this thread detailing what you took and what remains. If you are too busy to do this step, don't sign up.
5. You mail the box to the next person on the list within 3 business days using a trackable method. You must post in this thread that you have shipped the box and PM the leader and the next person the tracking number.
6. If the box is unusable when you receive it you must replace it.

Not Rulez, just guidelinez
* You can add gifts to specified people as long as they fit in the box and they are clearly marked for the recipient.
* You can add bulk baggies for sampling. A general rule is to replace whatever you take. If you take all of a bag, add one of your own, or take a pinch and pass it on! The amounts are up to you.

So if you are ok with following these rulez, and having your name and address shared with up to 12 people while treating that information confidentially, read on!

To participate you are:
A respected member of CPS for no less than 12 months
18 years old or older
Living in the USA. We rather not pass along expensive taxes, duties, vats, and cats to you.

If you want to play pass with a box of tobacco you will need to send me a personal message with your full name, address, email address, and phone number. The email address and phone number will not be made available to everyone.

We will close registration when we have 12 participants. A mailing order will be posted, starting and ending with me.

I will place at least 4 unopened tins of tobacco in the box and possibly some other things like samples or free tins (like an aromatic tin or pouch) or gifts or something else! Who knows? I'll post an inventory to this thread and ship the box and post tracking info in this thread. The next person will get the box and say, hey I got it! when they get it. They will then take what they take and add what they add and post a new inventory. Mail it. Post tracking, rinse, wash, repeat until the box returns to me.
Who is in?
:taco:
What Bob said. Who's in?
I'm in.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Jester
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Jester » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm

I am in.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32911
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by UncleBob » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm

I am in.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 pm

4 so far. Do we need more :taco: or :chili: or just a promise of :pie: ?
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20343
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I don't know, some of the guys participating are kinda sketchy.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15798
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm
I don't know, some of the guys participating are kinda sketchy.
i resemble that remark.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20343
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm
I don't know, some of the guys participating are kinda sketchy.
i resemble that remark.
I'm in.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15798
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Frankie the Bouvier b**** has asked for more Lancer's Slices. She said they were delicious.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2899
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Someday I'm gonna move to the States just so I can participate in one of these bad boys.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2609
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Someday I'm gonna move to the States just so I can participate in one of these bad boys.
Someday we're gonna get the law fixed in Washington so I can participate in one of these bad boys.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25969
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I humbly request access to this coolness.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25969
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm
I humbly request access to this coolness.
As an Aside - hey Stevorino. I just sent my last tin of OGS to my cousin, I’ll be something else this time HA!
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:30 pm

7 in. 5 to go. (Remember to PM me your info.)
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm
Frankie the Bouvier b**** has asked for more Lancer's Slices. She said they were delicious.
I'll see what I can do.

In other news, I've decided to use UB's random selection method instead of the previous circle-around-the-states method. I think it makes it more exciting.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 am

The participants so far (not the order of the box):
1. Hugodrax (info rec'd)
2. Jester
3. UncleBob
4. JimVH (info rec'd)
5. DepartedLight (info rec'd)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. Irish-Dane (Grandmaster Flash)
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 am

The participants so far (not the order of the box):
1. Hugodrax (info rec'd)
2. Jester (info rec'd)
3. UncleBob (info rec'd)
4. JimVH (info rec'd)
5. DepartedLight (info rec'd)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. Irish-Dane (Grandmaster Flash)
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

I would like to participate if it so pleases the gathered and there be room...
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32878
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am

The participants so far (not the order of the box):
1. Hugodrax (info rec'd)
2. Jester (info rec'd)
3. UncleBob (info rec'd)
4. JimVH (info rec'd)
5. DepartedLight (info rec'd)
6. Bloodhound (info rec'd)
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. Irish-Dane (Grandmaster Flash)
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15798
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by hugodrax » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am
I would like to participate if it so pleases the gathered and there be room...
I was about to nominate you. I also suggest that sweetandsour, tuttle, and brigid me included whether they want to or not because I like them.

I'd suggest Del but I'm afraid I'd get those pipe cleaners.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Post Reply