Pipe Shops in Louisville, KY

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
ryland
More of this
More of this

Pipe Shops in Louisville, KY

Post by ryland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm

My wife and I are headed to Kentucky soon. Does anyone know of the best shop or shops in Louisville? I've looked online, but it can be hard to tell with shops that don't sell through their site.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Re: Pipe Shops in Louisville, KY

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 pm

In 2011, Kremers was on a corner near the river in the downtown area. It was part convenience store, part cigar shop and part pipe & tobacco shop. It was cluttered and dusty. It had a mishmash of pipes and tinned tobacco for sale at competitive prices. I was surprised that the "pipe guy" turned out to be knowledgeable and friendly. After shopping there a time or two on a long weekend trip while staying within walking distance, I noticed that their house blends were mostly re-labeled big name bulks, including several McClellands. The reason for my post is that their bulk tobacco was $1.85 per ounce. They told me they were re-vamping their web page and would soon sell online--I have checked several times and that has not changed. I called a couple of times and got no better response.

They are now in a new location I understand. If I was in Louisville, I would think it would be worth the investigation.

The nice shop in Louisville at the time was in the mall. It was set up much like a Tinder Box. The staff was, um, not unfriendly. Squadron Leader was about $15 per tin, I think, and their house blends were in the $6 per ounce range. I spent about 5 minutes there.

I enjoyed my time in Louisville. Walking around Old Louisville community and the park nearby. There was also a nice park by the river. Went to a minor league baseball game there too.

Must see is the Louisville Slugger bat factory/visitor center.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal