Christian Pipe Makers

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
churchwarden
Congregation
Congregation

Christian Pipe Makers

Post by churchwarden » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:37 am

If you can subscribe to the Apostles' Creed in good conscience, please send me your web site and other contact information. I'll list that data on my Churchwarden site for your benefit.

Also, who can make a thick-walled, plateau briar, full-bent fishing pipe for under $50.00? Perhaps that's an impossibility, but I'd hate to drop something costly in a trout stream.

Has anyone tried C&D's Mississippi Mud yet? EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

isaac
butt, Ben
butt, Ben

Post by isaac » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:45 pm

Churchwarden, I'd take a crack at a pipe for ya! I lack some input (especially from pipe smokers who know what they're talking about) regarding my pipes. I don't have problem making you one for under $50 if you wanna give me some input. In fact, if you get it and decide it's horribly made and don't like then I'll give you your money back. Is plateaux briar indicative of the raw piece of wood or saying that you'd like some plateaux exposed on the pipe?

Incidently the Apostle's Creed is good by me! :D

www.scofield.cc/pipes

What's this Mississippi Mud? I've heard about multiple times now and I'm not sure what kind it is. Sweet?

Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Pooka » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:12 am

I'd give it a whirl for you as well. I'm pretty stinkin' low on the market totem pole right now and 40 bucks is gold to me.

Rob
Reformed Presbyterian (gasp)
Restored
Smokey
Chief Sailor (still sailing)
savedpook on Gmail
http://www.lordandhearth.com

churchwarden
Congregation
Congregation

Post by churchwarden » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:52 pm

Two generous offers by two generous men. Many thanks to both of you. However, I can only afford one pipe right now, and that not for a three weeks (more important needs like the forthcoming mortgage payment, utilities and Father's Day take precedence right now). Nevertheless, gentlemen, who do I choose? Also, my concern here is that you make money off me. I'm trying to get a deal for fishing, but I don't want to take advantage of anyone. If a pipe for under $50.00 means you're losing money, then I'm wiser to simply thank you for your kindness and just buy a cheap basket pipe. There are more important things in life than getting a good deal—stuff like integrity, honesty, and not screwing our Christian brothers for the sake of our own interests. If what I'm looking for is unfair to either one of you—and as I write this I'm beginning to think it is—then perhaps I ought to forget about this pipe. Another concern if mine is that if you give me a pipe for under $50.00, then what about the next guy, and the guy after him? Where do you draw the line? Wish I thought of all this before I put up my request. My apologies for any problems I have caused. Anyway, I am extremely happy to put both of you, John Crosby and Mr. Tyler on my Churchwarden site.

Thanks, Perry

isaac
butt, Ben
butt, Ben

Post by isaac » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:48 pm

I would not be losing money by selling a pipe at that price. I don't know where Pooka gets his briar but I doubt he would either. Anyhow, pricing is not an issue as people's prices grow as the value of their pipes grow. Input from you would help me increase the value of my pipes. As for where to go for your pipe... Either way is cool with me. Pooka can have first dibs :)

He has these real cool logos on his pipes! :D

Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Pooka » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:28 pm

While my cool logo may be cool, it's probably at least 3 weeks before I get more briar upon which I may slap said logo, so the dibs passes to my distinguished colleague. I will affirm, though, the idea that losing money on a pipe right now would require me to sell it for the actual price of materials. My whole purpose in selling pipes right now is just to make enough to keep the hobby supplied.

Trade you for a couple of Trout-stream Tampers, maybe....

Rob...
Restored
Smokey
savedpook on Gmail

isaac
butt, Ben
butt, Ben

Post by isaac » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:22 am

Well then I'll race you to see who gets their briar in first cause I'm fresh out! :)

I was going to order this coming week tho.

churchwarden
Congregation
Congregation

Post by churchwarden » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:57 am

Both of you drive a hard bargain. However, since Ben say he won't lose money and since Rob indicated he'll barely break even, then my choice—for the sake of economic fairness—goes to Ben. So, Ben, if you would, please send your phone number to me at :
ironbluedun@aol.com I'll call you and we'll discuss the pipe.

As for Rob, the Trout Stream Tampers are a gift. I'll make a couple this week or next and send them to you. I would, however, like one of your pipes. Perhaps down the road we can deal. The problem right now is that the puppet masters at work recently cut my hours from approximately 55 per week down to 40-45, which means I have suddenly suffered a big cut in pay. It's hard to pay bills and buy pipes on decreasing pay, though if I were a hobbit I might just forget about the bills and buy the pipes instead. Send me you snail mail address, please.

Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Pooka » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:46 am

Not a problem at all. But you'll have to trade me for your addy. I'd not feel quite satisfied unless I palmed one of my creations off on you in exchange.

As for a pipe? That's certainly an honor I'd enjoy. Shoot, might just make one and send it to you in appreciation for all you've assembled on your site. I started reading your material just after my salvation and it was just what I needed to brush up on many values and lessons I left behind 12 years ago when I quit the church business.

Now that I'm back in church and finally in the Lord's hands, I really enjoy and am greatly blessed to have access to the wonderful teachings such as you've put on your site.

Rob
Restored
Smokey
savedpook on Gmail