Money

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Money

Post by Fainn » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:56 pm

So Mrs Fainn's aunt and uncle agreed to pay for the circumcision, which took place yesterday and an emergency drs appointment. He prescibed a new anti-depressant and some medicine for my anger. I've lost 14 pounds since stopping the old medicine and my right foot is no longer swollen - one of the early warning signs of a heart attack. They've also provided supper every night.

I'm still pretty confused. From 2006-2009 I was close to G-d and everything I touched was blessed. In 2011, I shacked up with a woman. Lost 3 jobs in a row. Nearly electocuted on 2 occasions. Someone even tried to plant drugs on me. In 2013, I just wanted G-d to stop. So I told my ex I was leaving. She had her family jump me. My car died about that time and I lost my last job two weeks later. I've been trying to live right for the past 5 years, it just doens't seem to do any good. I used to think G-d was consistant and I was confident he would restore the former blessings. I've prayed for hours, fasted, etc and nothing seems to change.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Re: Money

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Perhaps God wants you to focus on the blessings you have, even if they're not the ones you think you deserve.

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Even though it's not a necessity you were still provided with the money necessary for a circumcision. Happy for you and praising God for the blessing.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:13 am

Fainn wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:56 pm
So Mrs Fainn's aunt and uncle agreed to pay for the circumcision, which took place yesterday and an emergency drs appointment. He prescibed a new anti-depressant and some medicine for my anger. I've lost 14 pounds since stopping the old medicine and my right foot is no longer swollen - one of the early warning signs of a heart attack. They've also provided supper every night.

I'm still pretty confused. From 2006-2009 I was close to G-d and everything I touched was blessed. In 2011, I shacked up with a woman. Lost 3 jobs in a row. Nearly electocuted on 2 occasions. Someone even tried to plant drugs on me. In 2013, I just wanted G-d to stop. So I told my ex I was leaving. She had her family jump me. My car died about that time and I lost my last job two weeks later. I've been trying to live right for the past 5 years, it just doens't seem to do any good. I used to think G-d was consistant and I was confident he would restore the former blessings. I've prayed for hours, fasted, etc and nothing seems to change.
I've seen worse.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12 am

Fainn wrote:

You do realize that the supper thing alone is a tremendous blessing? Going to bed on a full belly every night is truly a blessing and a luxury, bloody hell, most of the worlds children could only hope for such a blessing.

God has blessed you tremendously friend. You are blessed.

Continued prayers for you and your family.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

I'm what some CPS'ers have called "Worse than advertised"

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:54 am

Fainn, we say these things as encouragement. Don't give into despair. You're prone to it, and it only makes matters worse. Be healthy for your wife and boy.

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am

Fainn wrote:

To be fair, you and the Mrs have more than your fair share of issues, and for that I truly feel for you, but to be honest your problem with God is your theology is all messed up. You keep trying to change God through "living right", or prayer/fasting, and then blaming God for not getting the results you want. Here's a hint: prayer and fasting are supposed to change you, not God, not your circumstances, not those around you. You. We live right because it's right, not because God is therefore obligated to bless us in certain ways.

You're missing the blessings right under your nose because you're so focused on all things you think you deserve from God, but even I know that God doesn't work that way.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 am

I'm glad your family has been able and willing to help Fainn.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am

Romans 8:28-39 wrote:Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 am

+JMJ+
infidel wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am
To be fair, you and the Mrs have more than your fair share of issues, and for that I truly feel for you, but to be honest your problem with God is your theology is all messed up. …

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:55 am

Among the many things I've had to learn the hard way is that living right and being marketable and healthy and prosperous have points of contact, but they are not all the same thing. Staying healthy requires certain knowledge and consistency of action. Being marketable requires not merely that you have skills but that you know how to market them, network, and be perceived as a team player. Making real money requires a whole shift in attitude you can find outlined in RICH DAD, POOR DAD.

I haven't done a LOT of things right when it comes to making some money, though most people would describe me as "living right," at least as most people see it. Ain't the same thing, requires a different skillset that I am only now starting to learn.

Never too late, though.
In search of a sig line that somehow doesn't offend someone who richly deserves it.