Recent Kindnesses

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Re: Recent Kindnesses

Post by John-Boy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:33 am

DepartedLight wrote:Recently someone gifted me a never before used birth year zippo.
picture?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:55 am

:dancingpie:

Everyone in Home Despot is delightful today: customers and employees.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:14 pm

hugodrax wrote::dancingpie:

Inspirational!

I believe that I shall go forth now and be delightful to the people of Walmart today.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Del wrote:

Inspirational!

I believe that I shall go forth now and be delightful to the people of Walmart today.
The spirit is finally in the air. I was waved on by a driver today. That never happens until Christmas is upon us.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:24 pm

+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Del wrote:

Inspirational!

The spirit is finally in the air. I was waved on by a driver today. That never happens until Christmas is upon us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyXLfTmZ2M

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:42 pm

durangopipe wrote:A while back I had a terrible accident during which I shattered my femur, dislocated my pelvis and jacked up 5 levels of my spine. Still haven't recovered, but for over a year after the accident I could barely walk and was on crutches. No day went by without a dozen students wanting to carry books for me between classes, opening doors for me, volunteering to come to our house to shovel snow or do chores. Every day I still get an email or several offering support and asking if I need help with anything.

Forget all the terrible things you hear about college kids today; my experience is that they are almost without exception, caring, other-oriented, compassionate and involved.
Wow. wow.

I am glad this thread was resurrected.

No I know why you aren't just yet ready to play table tennis again. Sure hope you are feeling better and better, brother.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Goose55 wrote:
durangopipe wrote:A while back I had a terrible accident during which I shattered my femur, dislocated my pelvis and jacked up 5 levels of my spine. Still haven't recovered, but for over a year after the accident I could barely walk and was on crutches. No day went by without a dozen students wanting to carry books for me between classes, opening doors for me, volunteering to come to our house to shovel snow or do chores. Every day I still get an email or several offering support and asking if I need help with anything.

Forget all the terrible things you hear about college kids today; my experience is that they are almost without exception, caring, other-oriented, compassionate and involved.
Wow. wow.

I am glad this thread was resurrected.

No I know why you aren't just yet ready to play table tennis again. Sure hope you are feeling better and better, brother.

Thanks, Goose. Yeah, I miss Phil and the other guys. My fancy pants custom pingpong bats are gathering dust. My World Ranking is now down to #6,352,221,004. I'm just behind a three week old girl in China--but I think I can take her.

They put a titanium rod in my left leg and a 6" pin in that hip and those have pretty much healed up--although they do a pretty good job of predicting the weather. My pelvis and back are still arguing with me.

My students remain incredibly thoughtful, kind and helpful--which is the point of this thread.
They care for me as if I were family, and in a way I kinda am. I certainly think of them that way.

The world is full of wonderful people even if "the news" sometimes makes it seem otherwise.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year