God is Good

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: God is Good

Post by FredS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm

I was about to start a new thread about boldness, but this probably best tagged on to this one.

There is continuing fallout from our move. The Spirit is wreaking havoc in the lives of our family and friends.

1. My youngest brother has thrown his hat in the ring for his elected town board. He was only 6 years old when I left home at 17 so I wasn't a huge direct influence on his early manhood. But I'm only an hour down the mountain from him and his family know and we've spent a lot of time together in the last few months. Folks have been asking him to run, and when announced his candidacy, he said "A bold move by my big brother made me realize there's no time like the present." I haven't heard anyone call me me that in 35 years. I wept.

2. My bro and his family are not Christians. Mrs FredS and I are being very intentional of that as we settle in to a new local church home where we can try to introduce them to Christ and other Christians.

3. We were back home last weekend and found that all of 'our' small group has decided to downsize. Four couples, and they have all decided lifestyle changes are in order. We're all in our 50's so it probably would have happened anyway, but still, to see it all happen at once is unusual and I absolutely know that God changed our lives over the last few years together and is continuing even when we're not. Hell, one couple is moving to TX. These are folks from a small farm town in MO and there's no way they'd strike out on their own like that we hadn't shown it's possible. Another guy is finally retiring from teaching (he's old and hates it more every year) and will sell t-shirts at the Royals games. Frightening changes for sure, but awesome at the same time. We've single handedly caused an uptick in the local real estate market.

4. Talked to a couple of the Pastors at our church Sunday and they said some great people have slid in to the vacancies we left and it's been a good deal all around.

I'm reminded of JMG and Joshowah's boldness. How many lives just at CPS have been changed by what they do and that they share it with us? What good has come because tuttle shares Arwen with us?

Be BOLD brothers. Not timid. Who knows what tomorrow brings? Be bold today.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:38 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm
I was about to start a new thread about boldness, but this probably best tagged on to this one.

There is continuing fallout from our move. The Spirit is wreaking havoc in the lives of our family and friends.

1. My youngest brother has thrown his hat in the ring for his elected town board. He was only 6 years old when I left home at 17 so I wasn't a huge direct influence on his early manhood. But I'm only an hour down the mountain from him and his family know and we've spent a lot of time together in the last few months. Folks have been asking him to run, and when announced his candidacy, he said "A bold move by my big brother made me realize there's no time like the present." I haven't heard anyone call me me that in 35 years. I wept.

2. My bro and his family are not Christians. Mrs FredS and I are being very intentional of that as we settle in to a new local church home where we can try to introduce them to Christ and other Christians.

3. We were back home last weekend and found that all of 'our' small group has decided to downsize. Four couples, and they have all decided lifestyle changes are in order. We're all in our 50's so it probably would have happened anyway, but still, to see it all happen at once is unusual and I absolutely know that God changed our lives over the last few years together and is continuing even when we're not. Hell, one couple is moving to TX. These are folks from a small farm town in MO and there's no way they'd strike out on their own like that we hadn't shown it's possible. Another guy is finally retiring from teaching (he's old and hates it more every year) and will sell t-shirts at the Royals games. Frightening changes for sure, but awesome at the same time. We've single handedly caused an uptick in the local real estate market.

4. Talked to a couple of the Pastors at our church Sunday and they said some great people have slid in to the vacancies we left and it's been a good deal all around.

I'm reminded of JMG and Joshowah's boldness. How many lives just at CPS have been changed by what they do and that they share it with us? What good has come because tuttle shares Arwen with us?

Be BOLD brothers. Not timid. Who knows what tomorrow brings? Be bold today.
Much goodness right here. Thanks for sharing this.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm shining this light on you too I-D. Opening your home to others and even considering more houses is a bold move for sure. It's crazy what He can do if we just take a tiny first step out of our comfortable world.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm

The family of God is a very wonderful thing.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

There's a boy in PNG right now JM, who will one day be faced with a decision to be brutal to someone (maybe even murder them) or be merciful, and he'll remember something God told him through you. Some comment you made offhandedly while you were walking to the river. Just because you were there. And you'll never even know it.

JMG

Post by JMG » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm
There's a boy in PNG right now JM, who will one day be faced with a decision to be brutal to someone (maybe even murder them) or be merciful, and he'll remember something God told him through you. Some comment you made offhandedly while you were walking to the river. Just because you were there. And you'll never even know it.
Thanks so much, brother.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad