Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32277
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by UncleBob » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by hugodrax » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32277
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by UncleBob » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by hugodrax » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
Not even close. Go chunky or go home.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
Not even close. Go chunky or go home.
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Pepik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:06 pm

This:

Image

Purportedly "Pre 1944 Merchant Service pipe OWNED -BY BING CROSBY'"
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7009
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: In the woods, VA

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:12 pm

hugodrax wrote:
4nogginsmike wrote:It would be a very long post if I put pictures of the pipes that I wanted to buy in the last week. It's a dilemma: if one is serious about pipe smoking, then he likes to look at and study pipes. And though pipes bear the looking, it is the looking paired with the possibility of buying that adds that exciting buzz. If one looks and thinks he might buy but is deceiving himself about his available funds, then when he has a pipe in his sights and is about to pull the credit card trigger, he must endure having gone to the brink of the precipice that forced him to abandon the hunt.

Pricy pipes: a tricky business. Very pricy pipes: quite usually massive deception.
We're on different ends of the spectrum. I like to occasionally look at pipes, but I love the ones I have. PAD is dormant. I'm happy with that.
I feel the same.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by hugodrax » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
Not even close. Go chunky or go home.
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
I said chunky. That's just plain obese.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5804
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
Not even close. Go chunky or go home.
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
I said chunky. That's just plain obese.
Wow that is a beast! That one might be too big for even Goose!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15155
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by gaining_age » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm
Image
Peterson: Arklow Sandblasted Brown (80S) Fishtail
Oooh. That's a nice pipe.
I'm liking this one too: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=248616
Not even close. Go chunky or go home.
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
I said chunky. That's just plain obese.
Wow that is a beast! That one might be too big for even Goose!
Let's see... does Proctor and Gamble own Dawn? Investing thoughts to consider.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Pepik » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
This is so ridiculous, I must now have one.

Found a Ceegar/Pipe show not too far from work, over by the Arlington Race track. I shall drop in there later today and see if they have one. If so - it's coming home.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24948
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am

Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
This is so ridiculous, I must now have one.

Found a Ceegar/Pipe show not too far from work, over by the Arlington Race track. I shall drop in there later today and see if they have one. If so - it's coming home.
It is a big one. EX. This is Rev. Thom's first love. But I think his 1st was broken in an accident with a sheet of plywood. This is what the POY is supposed to be except more modest and chaste. By contrast the 320 EX looks uhhm pregnant. Bulging.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4481
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 am

Image

I can't buy it anyway, but man, it sure is purdy.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am

Rusty wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
This is so ridiculous, I must now have one.

Found a Ceegar/Pipe show not too far from work, over by the Arlington Race track. I shall drop in there later today and see if they have one. If so - it's coming home.
It is a big one. EX. This is Rev. Thom's first love. But I think his 1st was broken in an accident with a sheet of plywood. This is what the POY is supposed to be except more modest and chaste. By contrast the 320 EX looks uhhm pregnant. Bulging.
The 320 EX is a weekend pipe.
You load it in Friday evening and smoke it until Sunday night.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:46 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 am
Image

I can't buy it anyway, but man, it sure is purdy.
Herbaugh makes a mean pipe!

I'd love to have this one:

Image

Fortunately, somebody bought it before I could.
Last edited by durangopipe on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by Pepik » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:50 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am
Rusty wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
This is so ridiculous, I must now have one.

Found a Ceegar/Pipe show not too far from work, over by the Arlington Race track. I shall drop in there later today and see if they have one. If so - it's coming home.
It is a big one. EX. This is Rev. Thom's first love. But I think his 1st was broken in an accident with a sheet of plywood. This is what the POY is supposed to be except more modest and chaste. By contrast the 320 EX looks uhhm pregnant. Bulging.
The 320 EX is a weekend pipe.
You load it in Friday evening and smoke it until Sunday night.
It's the sheer outrageous that make me think dropping some ducats on it worthwhile.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 am

Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:50 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am
Rusty wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm
You want chunky?
This is chunky:

Image
Savinelli Tundra 320 EX

Chamber dimensions: 1.07" X 1.34"
Can't help it, I like big, uh . . . bowls.
This is so ridiculous, I must now have one.

Found a Ceegar/Pipe show not too far from work, over by the Arlington Race track. I shall drop in there later today and see if they have one. If so - it's coming home.
It is a big one. EX. This is Rev. Thom's first love. But I think his 1st was broken in an accident with a sheet of plywood. This is what the POY is supposed to be except more modest and chaste. By contrast the 320 EX looks uhhm pregnant. Bulging.
The 320 EX is a weekend pipe.
You load it in Friday evening and smoke it until Sunday night.
It's the sheer outrageous that make me think dropping some ducats on it worthwhile.
It does draw attention in a pipe rack, that's for sure.
I guess that's a confession . . . I have one.

I'll post a comparison photo of mine with an already large but not gargantuan 320 KS later.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Big Marie!
Image

She likes you. Would you like to see More?

Image
320 KS with 320 EX

Image

Image

Sanctuary! Sanctuary! Sanctuary!


I bought it.
Yes, I know: Thread Fail.
Just trying to drag Joe down with me.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by hugodrax » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:06 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:36 pm
Big Marie!
Image

She likes you. Would you like to see More?

Image
320 KS with 320 EX

Image

Image

Sanctuary! Sanctuary! Sanctuary!


I bought it.
Yes, I know: Thread Fail.
Just trying to drag Joe down with me.
Saw that coming. You've got a better jaw than I do, Gunga Din.

I think that pipe shape should be called the Edward VII. He was a handsome Prince and a bloated King.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipes Someone Needs to Buy Before I Do

Post by durangopipe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't clench.
You'd have to be Paul Bunyan to clench that one.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Post Reply