2017 POY Ordering

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by hugodrax » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Jester
Elder
Elder
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Jester » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Every time someone says, screw the budget, Dave Ramsey kills a cat.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7779
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am

Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Every time someone says, screw the budget, Dave Ramsey kills a cat.
I don't like cats anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11027
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Gabriel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Every time someone says, screw the budget, Dave Ramsey kills a cat.
I don't like cats anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously. If that's all it takes to reduce the cat population, then I'm all for it. 8)
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by hugodrax » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm
mont974x4 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Every time someone says, screw the budget, Dave Ramsey kills a cat.
I don't like cats anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously. If that's all it takes to reduce the cat population, then I'm all for it. 8)
If you need to pay a guy to learn how to save money, you are doing it wrong.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Fainn » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:16 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm
mont974x4 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Screw the budget. I'm in - message on the way

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
This, gentlemen, is the spirit of the fighting Canadians. Slow to rouse, once awakened they will fight through to the bitter end regardless of difficulty.

This man is braving a pregnant wife to get what he wants. What excuse, then, do the rest of us have? Dont let the spirit of the late Reverend Thom shake his head at you in contempt. Order early and order often!
Every time someone says, screw the budget, Dave Ramsey kills a cat.
I don't like cats anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously. If that's all it takes to reduce the cat population, then I'm all for it. 8)
If you need to pay a guy to learn how to save money, you are doing it wrong.
I got Time to Prosper at 25 % off so I'm already ahead.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7009
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: In the woods, VA

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 am

Well along the Dave Ramsey lines, I was a skeptic, but it did help my wife and I avoid some nasty fights and come to understanding over money, this is invaluable, I don't care how you manage it. Especially considering the stats for divorce due to financial disagreement are through the roof.

On the pipe note... I'll get it in the budget one way or another even with a 1 year old and a baby on the way... may have to sell some stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35631
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Del » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:48 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 am
Well along the Dave Ramsey lines, I was a skeptic, but it did help my wife and I avoid some nasty fights and come to understanding over money, this is invaluable, I don't care how you manage it. Especially considering the stats for divorce due to financial disagreement are through the roof.

On the pipe note... I'll get it in the budget one way or another even with a 1 year old and a baby on the way... may have to sell some stuff.
I'm learning to trade stock options for cash flow.... as a hedge against crashes of the economy and stock market. But Mrs. Del is fiercely risk-averse, so she is very afraid. Like cat-fears-the-vacuum-cleaner afraid.

So I am falling back on my valuable hoard of smoking materials, and you should to.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Pepik » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Lost the thread on how we're supposed to be ordering the PoY - where's that at again? (Just highly distracted with work at the moment - need a bit of a pointer - that I'm looking for a sanity check if we're supposed to deal with this year's Crafter directly or what).
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by BrianMadsen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Here you go:
BrianMadsen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm
We are ready to roll!

If you want to buy a POY, just write me a message when you are ready to pay for it.
You can pay full price right away, or split the bill in half (the second half must be payed by the end of June)

Last chance of ordering will be END OF MAY

The pipes will be shipped when the full batch of pipes are done (except the first one - I promised that one to Joshoowah because he's only in the states for a very short time.)

The pipe comes in a sheepskin pouch with golden print (just my own logo, not a CPS special)

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35631
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Del » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 am

BrianMadsen wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:05 pm
Here you go:
BrianMadsen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm
We are ready to roll!

If you want to buy a POY, just write me a message when you are ready to pay for it.
You can pay full price right away, or split the bill in half (the second half must be payed by the end of June)

Last chance of ordering will be END OF MAY

The pipes will be shipped when the full batch of pipes are done (except the first one - I promised that one to Joshoowah because he's only in the states for a very short time.)

The pipe comes in a sheepskin pouch with golden print (just my own logo, not a CPS special)
hugodrax wrote:Price

The pipe is $130. If you'd like it delivered from Denmark, that will be $10.

That makes a grand total of $140.

Half is due up front. Or you can pay the whole thing up front. But you will pay at least half. $65.
Bump
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7779
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Tomorrow evening I file my taxes. After that, I should know if I can get in on this years POY.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by BrianMadsen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Only one month to go, if you still need to order a poy!

User avatar
BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by BrianMadsen » Wed May 31, 2017 4:02 am

Only one day left! Order now or despair! :)

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by ReverendThom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:52 am

You dudes and dudettes need to get in on this

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by BrianMadsen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:23 am

Well, it's the 1st if June, so I will stop taking orders from now on. Thanks to all of you who ordered a poy

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35631
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Del » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:50 am

Thank you for making the POY.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
winter_hunt
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:50 am

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by winter_hunt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am

Just got a job... Headed to the POY thread...and... Ordering is closed.
Ha.
I should have asked when I was at least trying to be in ministry

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk


User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31800
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by John-Boy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 pm

winter_hunt wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am
Just got a job... Headed to the POY thread...and... Ordering is closed.
Ha.
I should have asked when I was at least trying to be in ministry

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Congrats on the new job. There's always next year's pipe.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4481
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: 2017 POY Ordering

Post by Joshoowah » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 am

So, Brian, how many ordered a pipe from you? Just curious.

I love mine, for sure.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Post Reply