hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:07 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:02 pm
What do you have? What works well for traveling pipe and tobacco plus...?
Got pictures?
G.
I thought you stopped smoking. Usually not using them means we don't have to carry them around. Are you running away from home?
That's the second time in two weeks someone has asked me that. What'sup with that?
I use a pipe rollup. Tobacco goes in a ziplock. Many ziplocks can go in a larger ziplock, if necessary.

Bonus! A video about mine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFk7AkJElOQ
I'm considering the cooler months where I may have a jacket and opportunity to carry-- concealed carry the pouch :). Portability with a pouch has an appeal.

G.
Ah. I wasn't aware you wore yoga pants.
Um. No.

To quote Shanghai Noon...

"Why don't you get your eyes off my package, you twisted <Zederated>."
In the words of Sir Hugo Drax, "If you aren't wearing yoga pants, why the devil can't you carry your rollup in your back pocket?"
Sounds dangerous for the pipe...

What's typically done? I had a vision of inside jacket pocket.
Forgive me, but I'm afraid we are talking apples and oranges. I'm talking about dedicated tobacco pouches. I'd never carry a combination pipe and tobacco pouch. It isn't concealable.

You'd need a heck of a tailor to conceal a combination pipe in any of your jacket pockets, let alone the interior breast pocket.

I carry my rollup pouch in my left hip pocket, if wearing a jacket, rear left pocket if jacketless. Pipe is either in my teeth, in the car, or in my wife's purse.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Re: Pipe Pouches

Post by gaining_age » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:46 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 pm
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Rusty wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Got pictures?
G.
I thought you stopped smoking. Usually not using them means we don't have to carry them around. Are you running away from home?
That's the second time in two weeks someone has asked me that. What'sup with that?
I use a pipe rollup. Tobacco goes in a ziplock. Many ziplocks can go in a larger ziplock, if necessary.

I'm considering the cooler months where I may have a jacket and opportunity to carry-- concealed carry the pouch :). Portability with a pouch has an appeal.

G.
Um. No.

In the words of Sir Hugo Drax, "If you aren't wearing yoga pants, why the devil can't you carry your rollup in your back pocket?"

Forgive me, but I'm afraid we are talking apples and oranges. I'm talking about dedicated tobacco pouches. I'd never carry a combination pipe and tobacco pouch. It isn't concealable.

You'd need a heck of a tailor to conceal a combination pipe in any of your jacket pockets, let alone the interior breast pocket.

I carry my rollup pouch in my left hip pocket, if wearing a jacket, rear left pocket if jacketless. Pipe is either in my teeth, in the car, or in my wife's purse.
This is helpful and why I asked for pictures to see the types.
This is good food for thought... :)
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm

hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Rusty wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Got pictures?
G.

G.
Um. No.

In your wife's purse!? That's the theme "they are beasts of burden". I recognize that. How in hades name did you accomplish that? My wife wouldn't put a stinky pipe (her words, I keep suggesting that she look for smoked-erinmore cologne) in her purse and I would never hear the end of it if she did. She's willing to hold the pipe for a few minutes but putting it in her purse is just extending my domain where it is not welcome.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Rusty wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Got pictures?
G.

G.
Um. No.

In your wife's purse!? That's the theme "they are beasts of burden". I recognize that. How in hades name did you accomplish that? My wife wouldn't put a stinky pipe (her words, I keep suggesting that she look for smoked-erinmore cologne) in her purse and I would never hear the end of it if she did. She's willing to hold the pipe for a few minutes but putting it in her purse is just extending my domain where it is not welcome.
Well, when you have a giant....

Actually, it was rather simple. My walking out pipes fit in a double case. No stink.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 pm

"All you guys think your nosewarmer poker is an 8" Lumberman!"
Gloria Steinem
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:54 pm

This one has been in my fishing kit for 20 years, got it at the local B&M:

I take this one when I want more than one pipe. Tobacco goes in the zippered pocket on top, two pipes in the bottom, lighter, tamper, and small rag in the zippered accessory pocket, bought this one on eBay:

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:54 pm

I take this one when I want more than one pipe. Tobacco goes in the zippered pocket on top, two pipes in the bottom, lighter, tamper, and small rag in the zippered accessory pocket, bought this one on eBay:

You have the most interesting acquisition disorders. I suppose they tell you that all the time.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm
durangopipe wrote:

You have the most interesting acquisition disorders. I suppose they tell you that all the time.
No doubt, I've suffered various forms of *AD, Rusty.
But I don't think Pipe Pouch Acquisition Disorder is one of 'em.

I've got a one pipe+tobacco pouch, and a two pipe+tobacco pouch.

Since I've had these pipe pouches for a while (the photos are hardly new), one for some 20 years that I leave in my tackle bag, I'm not at all certain what you mean.

Funny, but "they" don't tell me that.
I only seem to hear such things from you.

Eureka!

Suddenly, I know who the infamous "they" are.
It's not an "are." It's an "is!"

Whodathunk "they" is a Canuck!
Last edited by durangopipe on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:35 pm

If the good Lord had wished for you to have a bakky pouch then He'd of made you a flippin' kangaroo, now wouldn't he?

What's that? Oh. Yeah. Wild Turhey 101. You?
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

so, I drank the whisky. » Bloodhound

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:40 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:35 pm
If the good Lord had wished for you to have a bakky pouch then He'd of made you a flippin' kangaroo, now wouldn't he?

What's that? Oh. Yeah. Wild Turhey 101. You?
Honey House distillery Honey Bourbon.
Hiccup.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 am

Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm
durangopipe wrote:

He's one of the rarest of all creatures: the omnivorous collector who has good taste and doesn't tire of his things.

Tlr23
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Tlr23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm

They aren't very romantic but I use a couple of different otter boxes when traveling with pipes. a bit of padding on the inside, almost impossible to break and waterproof to boot. Smaller one is the 3250. Larger one is the 3500.

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Post by Winton » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I have bought several things from a pipe widow at our pipe club. I asked if she had a pipe pouch for sale and she gave me her husband's old two pipe pouch. It was / is well used. I can't find any id on it, but it holds two pipes, tamper, pipe cleaners and has a zipper. It meats my needs and I enjoy the history.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Winton wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm
I have bought several things from a pipe widow at our pipe club. I asked if she had a pipe pouch for sale and she gave me her husband's old two pipe pouch. It was / is well used. I can't find any id on it, but it holds two pipes, tamper, pipe cleaners and has a zipper. It meats my needs and I enjoy the history.
I know that feel. I had an old rotator pouch of my grandfather's that went everywhere with me for almost twenty years before some yob mistook it for a wallet and lifted it in Waikiki. It wasn't the pouch. It was the fact that it was his.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 pm

I have one like this

The pouch not the pipe
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 am

Here’s mine:

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis