Stanwell Hans Christian anderson pipes on sale at P&C

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Stanwell Hans Christian anderson pipes on sale at P&C

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Sale on Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson pipes at Pipesandcigars.com

I ordered one, along with a tub of Chatham Manor.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Re: Stanwell Hans Christian anderson pipes on sale at P&C

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:03 pm

I looked at those a little while ago and was really tempted (I even have the money in Paypal). I really like Stanwells.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

hey now
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

hey now
That's a handsome pipe.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 am

+JMJ+
Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

hey now
That's a handsome pipe.
I've one of that shape — sans the additional, xtra-long stem — in a Royal Danish finish. Great pipe.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 pm

12 of the 18 available models are sold out.
Mine arrived today - looks great. I'll try to photograph it tomorrow.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Ya got me. I've always wanted a Stanwell HCA ever since I started smoking a pipe in 2007 but never bought one because I thought they were overpriced. As much as I don't need a pipe, I just couldn't resist. It's silly really because I could just make myself a similar pipe. Regardless, I bought this one and I blame durangopipe:

Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:46 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 pm
Ya got me. I've always wanted a Stanwell HCA ever since I started smoking a pipe in 2007 but never bought one because I thought they were overpriced. As much as I don't need a pipe, I just couldn't resist. It's silly really because I could just make myself a similar pipe. Regardless, I bought this one and I blame durangopipe:

Me too.
Same deal.

I have wanted one, but thought they cost too much. At these prices, I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
(I can't make one for myself.)

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:50 am

SlowToke wrote:

That, sir, is a fine looking Stanwell. I almost pulled the trigger on one.

Edit: just checked the website and there is another one just like yours still listed. Well, I, ... (drumming fingers on desktop)....
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 am

SlowToke wrote:

I don't know if P&Cs sends the exact pipe pictured. For you, I hope they did, because that pipe has excellent graining.

I have a similar shaped pipe, a Preben Holm Ben Wade that I have dedicated to latakia blends.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 am
SlowToke wrote:

I don't know if P&Cs sends the exact pipe pictured. For you, I hope they did, because that pipe has excellent graining.

I have a similar shaped pipe, a Preben Holm Ben Wade that I have dedicated to latakia blends.
They better send the pipe pictured. I chose this one over the other one of the same shape because of the grain. I'm pretty sure they use actual photos of each pipe rather than stock photos. That has been the case regarding past pipes I've purchased from them.
Wayne Teipen
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:22 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am
Goose55 wrote:
SlowToke wrote:

They better send the pipe pictured. I chose this one over the other one of the same shape because of the grain. I'm pretty sure they use actual photos of each pipe rather than stock photos. That has been the case regarding past pipes I've purchased from them.
Stanwells have above average grain patterns IMO, although with the occasional fill.

I don't care for the printed crown and "S" logo on the stems. I never have. They look cheap to me on an otherwise nice looking pipe.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Cleon wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:22 pm
SlowToke wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am
Goose55 wrote:
SlowToke wrote:

Stanwells have above average grain patterns IMO, although with the occasional fill.

I don't care for the printed crown and "S" logo on the stems. I never have. They look cheap to me on an otherwise nice looking pipe.
I don't mind the logo on the stem but they are way too shallow and wear off too easy.
Wayne Teipen

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Here's mine . . .

Feels like two pipes for $78.
Another Churchwarden and a nice Dublin.

I'm Happy.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:15 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Very nice durangopipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wayne Teipen