Pipes that are waiting?

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Pipes that are waiting?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

Waiting for a repair so they can get back into the rotation. Do you have any?

I have 4 right now.
1) Comoy that was the first name brand pipe. When I bought it, it had never been smoked but was a display pipe that had some sun damage. I got it cheap and cleaned up the stem and it was great...but it is a full bent and it became harder and harder to get a pipe cleaner to pass thru the stem and I rushed and broke the stem.

2) Huge pipe I got from Jo and it needs a stem. The pipe has no finish on it and it needs a light sand and finish and the stem

3 & 4) Iwan Reise pipes that I bought on line. one a Canadian and one a large Pot. Both need good cleaning and finish and both need stems.

I have had these sitting around and just need to get after it and get them cleaned up and re-stemmed and then they can go back in the rotation. I guess that having the other pipes ready to smoke anytime I want, has made me lazy...I think I am going to send off the Comoy and the IR Canadian 1st.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: Pipes that are waiting?

Post by Goose55 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 am

I have three estate pipes out for repair, to a very good, but very busy repair fellow. Won't be until Oct 1st that I see them again:

A bent smooth Pipa Croci true 1, with a broken tenon, a bent smooth Bari Wiking with a loose fitting stem, and a smooth Savinelli Punto Oro Pot, to replace a badly damaged stem. This Punto Oro has a solid gold band, which I easily removed before sending. I'm trusting, but not that trusting.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am

I'm happy to report that the two pipes I managed to break by dropping them are both back in service, and since I've slowed down my acquisition of estate pipes none here are in need of restoration.

We'll see how long this lasts.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:09 pm

The majority of mine need their stems buffed. Some are oxidized worse than others, but I'm falling behind none the less.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis