Mining for Tinskys and Rollars - What Do you Have?

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Mining for Tinskys and Rollars - What Do you Have?

Post by durangopipe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Rusty suggested this thread, so here it is.

I'm not sure how many CPSers have caught the American Smoking Pipe Co. bug, but I've got it bad. It was bad enough before I had a chance to get to know Mark and learn how much we have in common.

We grew up within a few miles of each other, several miles west of New York City.

Mark went to college where my first wife's dad was a professor. She used to joke, even after we were married, that the only reason I dated her in high school was so I could talk with her father and his professor buddies. Not true. (Entirely.) Mostly, I dated her because whenever I saw her my knees went weak, I broke out in a cold sweat, lost the ability to talk and mumbled incoherently. Someone told me that these were the signs of true love.

Mark and I gradually moved west, ending up in the Rockies surrounded by trout - Mark in Montana, me in Colorado - and we're both avid fly fishermen.

We both love pipes. He smokes and makes 'em. I smoke and collect 'em.

And he's a helluva nice guy. I guess that's where the similarity ends. :pipe2:

I know Gary down in Los Alamos is quite fond of Mark's pipes. I hope he has a few to take photos of and post. I've already posted photos of all but one of mine in other threads and won't repeat with individual photos of those pipes, but I do have a recently acquired Tinsky and a couple of new photos to post. I just finished cleaning up a 1992 estate bent Dublin.

All of my Tinsky pipes with the recently acquired bent Dublin in front:

And a photo of the bent Dublin by itself:

My other Tinskys are group 5 and 6 pipes. This Dublin is a smaller group 4 - perfect for a quick smoke at work.

There are already enough photos of my Curt Rollar horn on other threads.
Hoping to see many more photos from other CPSers!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Mining for Tinskys and Rollars - What Do you Have?

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm

I have none to show. But if I ever run across a Rollar horn like yours I hope to have one to show. The closest thing I have to it is the 2010 Luciano CPS POY, and it's one of my favorite pipes.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23