Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 4713
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Another Pipa Croci, except this one is not large, it's gargantuan. 9 - 1/2 inches long weighing in at 10.3 ounces. 7/8th inch chamber looks dwarfed by all the Plateau briar. And no, those are not Donald Trumps hands....

Image

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by JimVH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 pm

I bought a no-name Dublin through eBay. The seller sent me the wrong pipe. What I recieved was an old Dr. Grabow with very nice grain, only some schmo used a hand engraver and deeply etched "F--- You" on the side of the bowl. The seller was apologetic and gracious. He refunded my money and told me to keep the pipe.

I want to know which one of you guys sold it to me?
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Goose . .


First smoke in the Teipen was Trout Stream.
Life is good.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 pm
I bought a no-name Dublin through eBay. The seller sent me the wrong pipe. What I recieved was an old Dr. Grabow with very nice grain, only some schmo used a hand engraver and deeply etched "F--- You" on the side of the bowl. The seller was apologetic and gracious. He refunded my money and told me to keep the pipe.

I want to know which one of you guys sold it to me?
That's incredible.
And how did the seller not notice??

Now you have to figure out what to do with it.
I'd call an exorcist.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32277
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Pepik » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
Two in the same household would cause a catostrophic failure in the time-space continuum.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32277
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Pepik wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
Two in the same household would cause a catostrophic failure in the time-space continuum.
Don't cross the streams!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
Two in the same household would cause a catostrophic failure in the time-space continuum.
Don't cross the streams!
A 320 KS and a 320 EX arrived and coexisted in Durango without observable changes to the fabric of space-time other than a dramatic improvement in the observable beauty of the place.

Life is short . . .
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by hugodrax » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
Two in the same household would cause a catostrophic failure in the time-space continuum.
Don't cross the streams!
A 320 KS and a 320 EX arrived and coexisted in Durango without observable changes to the fabric of space-time other than a dramatic improvement in the observable beauty of the place.

Life is short . . .
Especially when you really run the risk of being crushed by the weight of all your pipes. :D
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Pepik wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
Check this one that just hit SmokingPipes:
Image
Savinelli: Dolomiti Smooth (320 KS) (6mm)
Two in the same household would cause a catostrophic failure in the time-space continuum.
Don't cross the streams!
A 320 KS and a 320 EX arrived and coexisted in Durango without observable changes to the fabric of space-time other than a dramatic improvement in the observable beauty of the place.

Life is short . . .
Especially when you really run the risk of being crushed by the weight of all your pipes. :D
:pipe3:
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm

It arrived yesterday . . .
The Mark Tinsky Pristine finish, one star, group 5 billiard:

Image

Photographed with its Mark Tinsky brethren - around 30 years of pipe making history in the photo.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14569
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm
It arrived yesterday . . .
The Mark Tinsky Pristine finish, one star, group 5 billiard:

Image

Photographed with its Mark Tinsky brethren - around 30 years of pipe making history in the photo.
Stop it. You are making me look. I've been so good.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by JimVH » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm
It arrived yesterday . . .
The Mark Tinsky Pristine finish, one star, group 5 billiard:

Image

Photographed with its Mark Tinsky brethren - around 30 years of pipe making history in the photo.
I've got a hand-engraved beauty with a heartfelt sentiment on the bowl that I'll trade you for it?
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm
It arrived yesterday . . .
The Mark Tinsky Pristine finish, one star, group 5 billiard:

Image

Photographed with its Mark Tinsky brethren - around 30 years of pipe making history in the photo.
I've got a hand-engraved beauty with a heartfelt sentiment on the bowl that I'll trade you for it?
The one engraved, "4Q?"
Isn't that a new Lane aromatic?

:pipe:
Last edited by durangopipe on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:59 pm

hugodrax wrote: Stop it. You are making me look. I've been so good.
The Dark Side, drax.
Surrender to the Dark Side.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Pepik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
The Outrageousness arrived. It's rather light, and sits nice in the hand. Glad I snagged it.

Thanks UB for the tip!
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32277
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Pepik wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
The Outrageousness arrived. It's rather light, and sits nice in the hand. Glad I snagged it.

Thanks UB for the tip!
:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Pepik wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm
Pepik wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Outrageousness achieved:

Image
MMmm - Outrageous
The Outrageousness arrived. It's rather light, and sits nice in the hand. Glad I snagged it.

Thanks UB for the tip!
Now that you have that beautiful author, you need to write a book about pipes.
Love your 320!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 4713
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Found this one at what looked like a yard sale on eBay,.. a Calabresi Billiard with very nice graining. Too good of a deal to even say how good. It is pretty close to being unsmoked. All I did was clean the outside of the bowl and wax it.

Ebay listing read "Calabrest" And this one reason why I found it so cheap. The seller thought the "i" was a "t." And "Calabrest" could not be found by those looking for Calabresi

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm
It arrived yesterday . . .
The Mark Tinsky Pristine finish, one star, group 5 billiard:

Image

Photographed with its Mark Tinsky brethren - around 30 years of pipe making history in the photo.
Stop it. You are making me look. I've been so good.
Be bad! :pipe2:
Any news on the pipe acquisition front?
Last edited by durangopipe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Post Reply