Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4560
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

That’s a beauty, BH.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 pm

First time the listing came up, I thought what an ugly pipe...but when the auction was closing 5 days later, I was scared I wouldn't win it...it grew on me and now I really like the shape and finish.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5123
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Goose55 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Here's a nice Paul Perri I recently picked up for a song. The chamber is 2 - 1/2 inches deep. The stem's cut is magnificent

What is this pipe shape called, a Hungarian?

Image

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15343
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by hugodrax » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm
Here's a nice Paul Perri I recently picked up for a song. The chamber is 2 - 1/2 inches deep. The stem's cut is magnificent

What is this pipe shape called, a Hungarian?

Image

Image
Stunning, and great maker. Looks almost like a take on the old Ulmer pipes. Neat.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4560
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm
Here's a nice Paul Perri I recently picked up for a song. The chamber is 2 - 1/2 inches deep. The stem's cut is magnificent

What is this pipe shape called, a Hungarian?

Image

Image
Stunning, and great maker. Looks almost like a take on the old Ulmer pipes. Neat.
Yes!
Quite a striking pipe.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5123
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Goose55 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:22 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm
Here's a nice Paul Perri I recently picked up for a song. The chamber is 2 - 1/2 inches deep. The stem's cut is magnificent

What is this pipe shape called, a Hungarian?

Image

Image
Stunning, and great maker. Looks almost like a take on the old Ulmer pipes. Neat.
Yes!
Quite a striking pipe.
Paul Perri with his wife, Margaret, at the Las Vegas Pipe Show in November of 2013. He looks younger than 93....

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7924
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am

Ben Wade Rustic #8

Image
I'm old but I'm happy.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4560
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am
Ben Wade Rustic #8

Image
Gorgeous!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5123
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am
Ben Wade Rustic #8

Image
Very colorful pipe and with that red dot. Perfect.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
ScrumpyJack
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Your Latest Pipe Purchase!

Post by ScrumpyJack » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm

At the Texas Pipe show in Ft. Worth this summer I picked up my first Bill Walther pipe. I loved it so much I just bought my second Walther. Nice pipes, and great guy.

Pipe 1 bought at the show.
Image
Image

Pipe 2 just purchased.
Image
Image
SCRUMP

Post Reply