Cusano 18

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Cusano 18

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:05 pm

From JR Cigar:
"Let’s start out by saying this gem received a 91-rating from Cigar Insider – so if you’re a fan of medium-bodied, creamy yet heavy cigars, look no further than the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut.

This particular Cusano cigar gets its name from its unique Dominican Olor filler tobaccos, aged an astounding 18 years. And if it couldn’t get any better, these smokes are crafted with not one, but two, golden Connecticut shade leaves. Combined with a generous helping of Cuban-seed Dominican fillers, the Cusano 18 is encased in an extremely smooth Connecticut shade binder. Dressed in an even silkier Connecticut shade wrapper, the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut isn’t extraordinarily complex, but it is full-flavored and savory.

For those in the middle, the Cusano 18 isn’t too overpowering, but is undoubtedly one of the smoothest, creamiest smokes in its class."

I smoked the Gordo, which was the least reviewed but highest rated of the three sizes listed on JR's site. I didn't buy it; it was a gifted cigar, (from my younger brother, this past Christmas). It came packed in a metal tube, and I removed it from there and let it sit in my cedar box for about a week.

It lit very well and smoked even better, with very pleasant taste and aroma, and a very long ash. I actually checked to see if there wasn't a piano wire inserted into it, as a Clarence Darrow type prank perhaps.

As all good cigars do, it exhibited its' most robust flavors during the final 3-4 inches, until by necessity you must stop, and put the last inch or so down in the tray to allow it to expire, in honor of the person that rolled it, whoever that may be. The clove taste and aroma, came through exquisitely, with slight hints of old cypress wood, like walking into an old southern home ca. late 1800s - early 1900s. I really hated for it to end.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)