Your Last Cigar Purchase/smoked

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
SFC
Usher
Usher

Your Last Cigar Purchase/smoked

Post by SFC » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:29 am

I thought I would try and give the Cigar Smokers their latest cigars they purchased or smoked. No need to go into great detail, but you can.

I have a humidor with about 200 sticks, primarily Fuente Cigars ranging from the Chateuas to the Ashtons to the Diamond Crowns to the Opus Fuente Fuente.

My last purchase was two of the Opus Fuente Fuente, we are limited to two per customer.

My last that I smoked was a CAO Itallia 5x62, the taste was about 90, excellent size, rolled to perfection and just seems to get that robust flaor from the first puff to the end. I love these cigars

SFC

samiam
Congregation
Congregation

Post by samiam » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:52 am

SFC, would have to agree with you on the CAO. I especially like the Brazil dark maduro. Right now I am smoking a Puros Indigo which is very nice for a golf cigar or something to smoke when that sudden chance arises. samiam __~~

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am

I smoked a cuban Cohiba that was given to me at the 2004 Millwaukee Area Pipe Smokers show.
John

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Post by Munkey » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:38 pm

Which one? How was it?

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:34 pm

I always keep a few cigars around, of various makes/models. The only cigar that is always present in my humidor is the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos, in either #3 or #4. Fortunately, I live close to Tampa, so I can buy them any time, all the time for less than 1/2 what I had to pay when I lived in TN 8) . My last two cigars were one of those (#4), and a CAO Criollo, in the Pato size. I won a box of the Criollo (free giveaway at a smoker at the local tobacconist). They are spectacular. I don't care too much for many of the CAO bundles and flavored sticks, but I'm digging these Criollos. They have "something" that I can't nail down...a spicy (in a very pleasant way) 'twang to them.
-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

SFC
Usher
Usher

Post by SFC » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:07 am

Sandpiper, you lucky dog they seem to go real fast here in Arizona along with the Royal Salute, Chateau Maduro and Double Chateau in Maduro.

Samiam, I have found that the Puros Indigo is just a little too mild for my tastes, but then again if I were at the FBR that would be an excellent choice.

SFC

ParkBear
Congregation
Congregation

Post by ParkBear » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:37 am

I mostly smoke Cohibas and Trinidads, they are my 2 favorites so that is what I buy and smoke. I will smoke Partagas, Vegas Robaina, Ramon Allones, & Sir Winstonsbut not as often.
Park Bear

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:20 pm

My last real cigar was in Cabo San Lucas on my company's president's club trip last November. It was a Cuban Monte #4 and it was spectacular.

-Andrew

blazed_up
Congregation
Congregation

Post by blazed_up » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:25 pm

The last thing i smoked was an Acid Blondi by Drew Estates...it was awesome! has anyone out there ever tried the Acid cigars...i think they are probaably my favorite!

dennisthemenace
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by dennisthemenace » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:09 pm

Ah, today was a wonderful cigar day. After lunch I smoked a Dominican Montecristo Robusto and later in the afternoon, a friend gave me a Cuban Cohiba Robusto (one of my alltime favorites!) which I smoked with him; and he also gave me a Cuban Partagas Serie D #4 which I shall have at a later time. Life is good!
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

Searcher-4-Truth
Usher
Usher

Post by Searcher-4-Truth » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:44 pm

I have been smoking only cigars lately, & haven't touched any of my pipes in quite a while.

I just finished smoking an ACID KUBA KUBA while playing catch with my 8 yr old son about 1/2 hr ago.

Good smoke, & I really enjoyed it.

I have bought way to many cigars lately, & it has made my savings sting.

I don't have the cash to buy a box of anything good, so I have been sticking to sampler pkgs from Famous cigars, & some from Finks.

I have an ACID assortment on backorder with a humidor, so I will be able to save some & maybe then I will try some more expensive smokes.

Anyone try the Graycliffs? Are they worth the big price?
Veni vidi velcroe

I came, I saw, I stuck around

LordsTobacco
Congregation
Congregation

Last cigar I smoked.....

Post by LordsTobacco » Fri May 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Well yesterday I had the pleasure of smoking a Padron 1964 Anniversary! Splendid smoke I must say. As of today I have smoked a Montecristo Edmondo (cuban) and a Cohiba Sighlo II (cuban) and I am in the midst of a rather robust Trinidad (Dominican)!
<strong>Dan<br>www.lordstobacco.com<br></strong>

LordsTobacco
Congregation
Congregation

Post by LordsTobacco » Fri May 26, 2006 4:03 pm

Graycliffs are a decent cigar. Worth the money I am not sure, I am always game to try a cigar whatever the price.
So my suggestion is try it.
<strong>Dan<br>www.lordstobacco.com<br></strong>

joekm
ButtButtBaldyBumbleheadf00f
ButtButtBaldyBumbleheadf00f

Post by joekm » Fri May 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Macanudo Crystal Cafe - OK, but I still prefer pipes
It's always the quiet ones.....isn't it?

dennisthemenace

Post by dennisthemenace » Mon May 29, 2006 1:12 am

A Cusano Robusto 18 year aged (so they claim!) Not bad. But not my favorite. Previous to that one I had a Fuente Hemingway Short Story. My favorite small cigar.
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

Hoosierken
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Hoosierken » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:12 am

Last night I enjoyed a Carlos Torano Virtuoso. This is one of my very favorite cigars. Even more than the Opus X line. It's also much more affordable. I haven't had a bad Torano yet.

parson
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by parson » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:15 pm

LaGloria Cubana Maduro Series R Robusto. What a great cigar! While only a Robusto in length it lasted through half a round of golf and enhanced the whole morning!

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:25 pm

I had a Licenciados churchill that had been in my humidor over a decade (from back when Cigar Afficianado had given them a 93 rating, I believe it was -- an amazing bargain at the time; I have no idea whether they are still producing or, if so, what the quality of their new smokes are).

The outer wrapper was a bit loose (always a problem I remember with those inexpensive Licenciados, which a decade had only made worse), but the smoke itself was mild and slightly woody. Decent, and well worth the 3 bucks I paid for it way back when...

ReverendRoadlaw
Pastor
Pastor

Post by ReverendRoadlaw » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:44 pm

Partagas Limited Reserve 1995 Decadas...man, that was good too. It was a Christmas gift from a buddy that I never got around to smoking, and it was GREAT.

parson
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by parson » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:07 pm

Had a Java Waif last night. It's a coffee flavored cigar and has fine coffee, chocolate and tobacco flavor. They're the weirdest shape I've ever seen though. They're flat! Wasn't sure how it would burn, but it kept an even burn and last nearly 45 minutes.