A tobacco blend to make someone barf!

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: A tobacco blend to make someone barf!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 am

I agree with not making him puke...there are other better options...most already mentioned.

Here is my experience...when I was 8 or 9 the husband of my mom's best friend smoked cigars, and another friend's husband smoked pipes. I mentioned that I thought it was cool and when I grew up I would also smoke cigars and pipes. She convinced the cigar smoker to give me a cigar when we were at their house and the deal was I had to smoke the whole thing in one sitting......Made me sick for sure.

Fast forward to 19 years of age, moved into my first place on my own, went to the store to buy groceries and picked up a pouch of SWR, a Dr. Grabow, and a 5 pack of Swisher Sweets....I had been out of my parents house less than 12 hours.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Rusty wrote:I think this is a bad idea. At the very least it's mean spirited. How old is your nephew? If he's a minor then saying no he has to wait is a perfectly reasonable response. If he has reached age of majority then you can inform him that his father is opposed and see what he says. But I can't imagine a circumstance where you need to make that first experience really awful. It will certainly affect his judgment concerning your reliability. That is a good reason to never do anything like this.
I think Rusty's advice is very right on target.
I second this. On a side note, I like Rum Flake and 1792, dunno what you all are getting at, but if you want strong, Irish Flake or C&D Burley Flake #3
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50 am

Well... the thread turned out all right. Not bad. I note that FredS had the same misgivings that I did about the original idea. And I liked his take on what we should be doing. I was delighted to see that. But it's still odd that anybody had to point it out to the rest of you.

Perhaps there is a message in this? I'm thinking that I should start a thread to help you guys with moral dilemmas - Ask an Atheist. I'll think about that for the new year. 8)
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light