DL Jake’s 328

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

DL Jake’s 328

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

When I open the pouch And sniff I don’t get much smell at all, almost just the smell of paperback books, I find this to be typical of burly at least to my nose. On first light there is a burst of spiciness that continues to fade in and out throughout the smoke. I would almost swear there was Perique in there somewhere, and there definitely could be, but there are other signature notes of Perique I’m not picking up on, so I’m going to say this is mostly just good burly, more than one variety both mild and medium strength mixed in I’d say, and maybe some VA, possibly dark fired, hard to tell from just two smokes, one where I was not paying attention. Unfortunately I don’t have my burley guide in front of me so I can’t pinpoint which one it is, my memory just isn’t that good. This stuff is right up my alley though, fantastic! I would probably gravitate more towards this blend in the late spring and into the summer, burley for me is not a fall smoke, but good tobacco is good tobacco no matter when you smoke it. This one has the JMcP official seal of approval!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by JohnnyMcPiperson on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Re: DL Jake’s 328

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm

I want to say Red Va’s are present too

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm
I want to say Red Va’s are present too

Full count. McPiperson squares up in the batters box. 328 is shaking off every call being tossed at him.

328 checks the runner on first.

And it’s a screaming sinker! Johnny SWING and a MISS! YERRRRRRRRRR OUT!!!

He lost the series! Johnny blew it for everyone!

Red VA’s. As if.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Wait so were any of my other assessments accurate? Funny I would have sworn I detected a note of red towards the end, eh well, can’t win em all.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm
Wait so were any of my other assessments accurate? Funny I would have sworn I detected a note of red towards the end, eh well, can’t win em all.

Did you find any Carter Hall?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Input inline in this font
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm
When I open the pouch And sniff I don’t get much smell at all, almost just the smell of paperback books, I find this to be typical of burl[e]y at least to my nose. Your nose needs to visit Jiffy Lube.

On first light there is a burst of spiciness that continues to fade in and out throughout the smoke. I would almost swear there was Perique in there somewhere, and there definitely could be, but there are other signature notes of Perique I’m not picking up on, so I’m going to say this is mostly just good burl[e]y, more than one variety both mild and medium strength mixed in I’d say, and maybe some VA not a crumb of Perique nor VA anywhere near here whatsoever, possibly dark fired, hard to tell from just two smokes, one where I was not paying attention well, isn't this the most awesome bullet to add to a tobacco review, or what? Only better might be, 'I was taking a massive and waiting on the ice cream to hit, so. I don't really know anything else about that.'. Unfortunately I don’t have my burley oh look, you got it right for once guide in front of me so I can’t pinpoint which one it is, my memory just isn’t that good you don't say. This stuff is right up my alley though, fantastic! I would probably gravitate more towards this blend in the late spring and into the summer, burle[e]y for me is not a fall smoke, but good tobacco is good tobacco no matter when you smoke it. Since you were so off on the Perique thing this is hardly a comfort,

This one has the JMcP official seal of approval!
Well. There it is. I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk this explains a lot
DL Jake

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Well the mentions of Perique and Va were both me being whimsical and commenting on minor notes, if you read closely you will notice that I decided there was not Perique, but rather that it had to be a particular type of burley providing the spice flavor because it was a drier and less sharp spice, and as for the VA, I tried to indicate that it seemed like a stretch, but I was trying to describe what I tasted, meh. You get what you get, when I review something I walk through my thought process and that includes ruling things out and mentioning the hints. If you wanted me to just say, I taste burley and leave it at that, I could have, but it might have been a boring read... I try to mention every little impression regardless of how small. I don’t sum things up or put them in a neat package like a tweet, sorry Charlie.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:15 pm

You may select from one of the following options.

Response A:

BRILLIANT!!!

Response B:
What a hipster douche.
DL Jake

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 pm

DepartedLight wrote:You may select from one of the following options.

Response A:

BRILLIANT!!!

Response B:
What a hipster douche.
I’m a hipster douche, it’s cool, I’ll own that.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 pm
DepartedLight wrote:You may select from one of the following options.

Response A:

BRILLIANT!!!

Response B:
What a hipster douche.
I’m a hipster douche, it’s cool, I’ll own that.

DL Jake