Tacos

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply

Do you like tacos?

Yes!
33
46%
Of course!
38
54%
 
Total votes: 71

User avatar
Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Posts: 4795
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by Munkey » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:31 pm

UncleBob wrote:BTW--TACOS do not crunch. If it crunches, its a tostada.

That is all.
Correct. However, folded tostadas, through some sort of magic (or maybe quantum electrodynamics - we'll have to ask Rusty), by their folded-upon-self orientation, become tacos.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33039
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 pm

It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Post by hogleg » Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 am

Image
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33235
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Post by UncleBob » Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 am

Its Tuesday. You all know what to do.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
GScott
In Memoriam - Geezer "Juxtaposition" Extraordinaire
In Memoriam - Geezer "Juxtaposition" Extraordinaire
Posts: 4928
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Bragadocious, Ca.
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by GScott » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:27 am

Don't know if anyone mentioned fish tacos. Too lazy to go back through the previous 12 pages. But in my humble opinion (and humble it is), fish tacos are anathema--a travesty to the taste buds.

User avatar
Oldgoldsmoke
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: Tacos

Post by Oldgoldsmoke » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:14 am

GScott wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned fish tacos. Too lazy to go back through the previous 12 pages. But in my humble opinion (and humble it is), fish tacos are anathema--a travesty to the taste buds.
I fry bluegill filets in a homemade beer batter and they make the best fish tacos in the world.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22705
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Tacos

Post by Hovannes » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:49 am

Oldgoldsmoke wrote:
GScott wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned fish tacos. Too lazy to go back through the previous 12 pages. But in my humble opinion (and humble it is), fish tacos are anathema--a travesty to the taste buds.
I fry bluegill filets in a homemade beer batter and they make the best fish tacos in the world.
I disagree---along with the entire west coast of Mexico as my witness. Bluegill fish tacos, OTOH, are an anathema.
For a fish taco you want:
Saltwater fish or crustacean.
Substitute cabbage for the bed of lettuce.
Use tartar sauce to cement the cabbage to the tortilla.
Liberally apply fresh lemon juice.
And drink the beer :taco:

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by hogleg » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

Oldgoldsmoke wrote:
GScott wrote:Don't know if anyone mentioned fish tacos. Too lazy to go back through the previous 12 pages. But in my humble opinion (and humble it is), fish tacos are anathema--a travesty to the taste buds.
I fry bluegill filets in a homemade beer batter and they make the best fish tacos in the world.
Huh? The best fish tacos require salt water fish.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
socrates
Usher
Usher
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Oahu Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by socrates » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 am

Fish tacos anywhere in Baja.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25522
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by jruegg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Have I mentioned my marinated pork and pineapple tacos on this thread yet?
Image

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33235
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:15 am

Yay! Tacos!

:taco:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15306
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Tacos

Post by gaining_age » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:25 am

tacos is the plan tonight.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33235
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re:

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:35 am

UncleBob wrote:Its Tuesday. You all know what to do.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33039
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am

UncleBob wrote:
UncleBob wrote:Its Tuesday. You all know what to do.
Just sent a text to the missus. Tacos are now on the menu for this evening.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32077
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am

Image
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by hogleg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:38 pm

jruegg wrote:Have I mentioned my marinated pork and pineapple tacos on this thread yet?
Pork? If it ain't carnitas, it ain't a taco.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by Pepik » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:17 pm

hogleg wrote:
jruegg wrote:Have I mentioned my marinated pork and pineapple tacos on this thread yet?
Pork? If it ain't carnitas, it ain't a taco.
Slow-Cooker Pulled-Pork Tacos
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 8hr 30m
Ingredients

2 cups store-bought salsa, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
kosher salt
1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
18 corn tortillas
1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
3/4 cup sour cream
1 lime, cut into wedges

Directions
  1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and turn to coat.
  2. Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
  3. Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F.
  4. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and bake until warm, about 15 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the pork and stir into the cooking liquid. Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, and extra salsa.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25522
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by jruegg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 pm

hogleg wrote:
jruegg wrote:Have I mentioned my marinated pork and pineapple tacos on this thread yet?
Pork? If it ain't carnitas, it ain't a taco.
It was these:
Tacos al pastor

Image
Image

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22705
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Tacos

Post by Hovannes » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:07 pm


User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Tacos

Post by hogleg » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 am

jruegg wrote:
hogleg wrote:
jruegg wrote:Have I mentioned my marinated pork and pineapple tacos on this thread yet?
Pork? If it ain't carnitas, it ain't a taco.
It was these:
Tacos al pastor

Image
Ain't carnitas, so...
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

Post Reply