TEXAS in the News

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: TEXAS in the News

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:49 pm

“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:17 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:Texas is #1
As much as I would like to, I can't argue. Texas drivers trigger my inner rage quite often.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:00 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:22 am

Pastor Tells Kids Mall Santa Isn’t Real, Gets Confronted By Angry Dads
Evangelical pastor David Grisham filmed himself pulling off the stunt at Amarillo’s Westgate Mall in an effort to teach kids “that Christmas is about Jesus Christ,” then posted the video to his Facebook page Saturday.

“Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” he’s heard hollering while walking alongside the long line of kids and their parents.

“The man you’re going to see today is just a man in a suit, dressed up like Santa, but Santa does not exist,” he continues. “Santa’s not real. And parents you all need to stop lying to your children and telling them that Santa Claus is real when in fact he’s not.”

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 am

UncleBob wrote:Pastor Tells Kids Mall Santa Isn’t Real, Gets Confronted By Angry Dads
Evangelical pastor David Grisham filmed himself pulling off the stunt at Amarillo’s Westgate Mall in an effort to teach kids “that Christmas is about Jesus Christ,” then posted the video to his Facebook page Saturday.

“Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” he’s heard hollering while walking alongside the long line of kids and their parents.

“The man you’re going to see today is just a man in a suit, dressed up like Santa, but Santa does not exist,” he continues. “Santa’s not real. And parents you all need to stop lying to your children and telling them that Santa Claus is real when in fact he’s not.”
Was he dressed up like Buddy?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am

John-Boy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:Pastor Tells Kids Mall Santa Isn’t Real, Gets Confronted By Angry Dads

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 am

UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:13 am

John-Boy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4bUP48RE8

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Great way to lead people to Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xqD9-9RA0
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 pm

ReverendThom wrote:Great way to lead people to Jesus.
Cuz nothing demonstrates Christ's love like stepping on the joy of children.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:08 pm

JimVH wrote:
I didn't listen to much of the video, but I'll bet that he did not edify children with real tales of Saint Nicholas.

ImageImage
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

JimVH wrote:
Ahem.
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:13 pm

UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Ahem.
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

whoops! :)
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Ahem.
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

whoops! :)
I'm sorry I stepped on your buz, bud.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Hmm.. sounds like this fellow read up on Davy Crockett quotes: A neighbor was asked to clean a home. She found a grenade in the oven.
A neighbor helping to clean a vacated mobile home discovered a grenade strapped to a package with a highly flammable substance Saturday morning, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.

The device was removed safely, and no injuries were reported.

The 82-year-old resident of the mobile home in K & K Mobile Home Park, 4918 14th St. W., Bradenton, had moved out on Thursday, when his 56-year-old son came and took him back to Lufkin, Texas, with him, according to a news release.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 am

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:05 pm

I saw that. I felt bad for that poor bullet.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Was Dick Cheney in the vicinity?
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:33 am