Netflix Gold

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1492
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Warrensburg MO
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by mustangii » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Been watching Arrow and The Flash from the beginning.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Ozark

Dark, tense, twisted. Well done.
Was enjoying this one, too. I just wish that a Netflix show could go without the nudity already.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19687
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by JimVH » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Ozark

Dark, tense, twisted. Well done.
Was enjoying this one, too. I just wish that a Netflix show could go without the nudity already.
Yep, I spoke too soon.

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by infidel » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19123
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Ozark

Dark, tense, twisted. Well done.
Was enjoying this one, too. I just wish that a Netflix show could go without the nudity already.
I was going to skip this one as it didn't look like something I'd be interested in. But now I'm reconsidering.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by infidel » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Ozark

Dark, tense, twisted. Well done.
Was enjoying this one, too. I just wish that a Netflix show could go without the nudity already.
I was going to skip this one as it didn't look like something I'd be interested in. But now I'm reconsidering.
:lol:
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19687
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by JimVH » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:57 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Ozark

Dark, tense, twisted. Well done.
Was enjoying this one, too. I just wish that a Netflix show could go without the nudity already.
I was going to skip this one as it didn't look like something I'd be interested in. But now I'm reconsidering.
:lol:
Nudity on TV doesn't usually cause me much distress, but let's just say this was for particular niche market that gave me pause.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35482
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Del » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Mrs. Del fell in love with Father Brown - the BBC series.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19123
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by FredS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:06 am

Del wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Mrs. Del fell in love with Father Brown - the BBC series.
Tell her to check out Foyles War and Midsomer Murders. They're both a little 'meatier' than Fr Brown, but they're worth getting caught up in.

Also worth checking is Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. It's lighter fare, set in Australia of the 1920's.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35482
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Del » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:06 am
Del wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Mrs. Del fell in love with Father Brown - the BBC series.
Tell her to check out Foyles War and Midsomer Murders. They're both a little 'meatier' than Fr Brown, but they're worth getting caught up in.

Also worth checking is Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. It's lighter fare, set in Australia of the 1920's.
Miss Fishers sounds promising. Mrs. D is a "Murder She Wrote" kinda gal.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19687
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by JimVH » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:06 am
Del wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Mrs. Del fell in love with Father Brown - the BBC series.
Tell her to check out Foyles War and Midsomer Murders. They're both a little 'meatier' than Fr Brown, but they're worth getting caught up in.

Also worth checking is Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. It's lighter fare, set in Australia of the 1920's.
Dr. Blake Mysteries is pretty good, also. Late 50's Australia along the same lines as the shows above.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Norsemen. I'm only 10 minutes in, but so far I find it hilarious. I was expecting another Vikings, having not read the description or reviews. I think many some of you will enjoy it as well.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm
Norsemen. I'm only 10 minutes in, but so far I find it hilarious. I was expecting another Vikings, having not read the description or reviews. I think many some of you will enjoy it as well.
I'm gonna downgrade it to funny-ish now after 1.5 episodes. :P I still enjoy it.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 pm

The Patriot. It's on Amazon Prime. I've read some bad reviews, but I love it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23707
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Skip » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:39 am

Cleon wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm
Samurai Gourmet
I'm two episodes in. This is a good one.

Skip, I thought about you while watching this.
Hmmm. I might have to look into this.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19608
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Jocose » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 am

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers; Runnin' Down a Dream.

I was never, ever a fan of the Tom Petty genre of music but I am watching this doc anyway.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2404
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 am

Del wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:06 am
Del wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Mrs. Del fell in love with Father Brown - the BBC series.
Tell her to check out Foyles War and Midsomer Murders. They're both a little 'meatier' than Fr Brown, but they're worth getting caught up in.

Also worth checking is Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. It's lighter fare, set in Australia of the 1920's.
Miss Fishers sounds promising. Mrs. D is a "Murder She Wrote" kinda gal.
Murdoch Mysteries fits into this genre also. It's set in Toronto in the 1890s. There are lots of historical figures who show up (some with significant roles, some who are bit characters before they became famous) and lots of borderline anachronistic humor (e.g. a photo contains a shadow that looks remarkably like the CN Tower and they dismiss the possibility of a building shaped like that as ludicrous).
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19608
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Jocose » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:19 am

Jocose wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 am
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers; Runnin' Down a Dream.

I was never, ever a fan of the Tom Petty genre of music but I am watching this doc anyway.
I tried.. perhaps I'll save it for later.

RIP nonetheless Mr. Petty.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Cleon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:42 am

Skip wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:39 am
Cleon wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm
Samurai Gourmet
I'm two episodes in. This is a good one.

Skip, I thought about you while watching this.
Hmmm. I might have to look into this.
Did you get a chance to watch any of this one?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Post Reply