Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32077
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by UncleBob » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 am

Post yer revelations here. Here is what I learned:

1. I am a mystery to 2x7
2. jruegg is growing Puritan LSD on his Stonehaven
3. Audio feedback is a good way to pretend that you are a baseball announcer.
4. jreugg likes to Jesus juke--a lot.
5. There are many more goatees here on CPS than you might think
6. John-Boy is an instigator in chat mode
7. Even during a tornado warning, Skip and Pepik will Google+. They will not be denied. Unlike many of you.
8. A_Morley is a real person. He gets pizza shipped to him from Chicago.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4477
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:49 am

9. Nate has an awesome briar lab.
10. My connection (5MBPS--7500 miles away) comes across better for Skip than Pepik's (50+ MBPS--few blocks away).
11. 2x7 plans to take a tour to see CPSers.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27032
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by coco » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 am

12. Ruegg is a carpenter.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Pepik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 am

13. 2X7 still doesn't believe AMJ exists
14. All that hard work Scienists and Engineers put in to invent Facial Recognition was solely for CPSers to adorn each other's Hangout video images with party hats, beards, chin butts, and monocles
15. Jruegg has some "really good stuff" that he want to smoke with Joshoowah when he gets back to the States
16. UB guarantees that Esoterica blends stored in Jruegg's basement in ball jars that have some funky white stuff on it may or may not be ok, but either way Jruegg should just go ahead and smoke it. The rest of us would just as soon get Jruegg to join a video chat so we can watch the after effects when he finally does crack that jar open...
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31786
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by John-Boy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:53 am

17. Even when you say good night and sign off of the Hootenanny, yer phone still starts buzzing after midnight from other timezones. :dancingpie:
18. jruegg looks just as good with his clothes on.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32077
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by UncleBob » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 am

19. jreugg makes "wood thingies" instead of "cabinets".
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27032
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by coco » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:12 am

UncleBob wrote:19. jreugg makes "wood thingies" instead of "cabinets".
Thus far, he has refused to post a picture of his thingie on CPS.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15123
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by gaining_age » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:21 am

20. Several CPSers don't know the difference between a goatee and a Van Dyke. Morley would disapprove.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32077
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by UncleBob » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:56 am

gaining_age wrote:20. Several CPSers don't know the difference between a goatee and a Van Dyke. Morley would disapprove.
Point of order: a Van Dyke is a goatee although not all goatees are Van Dykes.

That is all.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by A_Morley » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Sorry that I couldn't make it. I was at rehearsal later than expected, that and I find the entire process of these so called hootenannys to be rather taxing.

Furthermore, who is 2x7 to say that I do not exist? I would venture to say that I exist more so than he does.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Pepik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:33 pm

A_Morley wrote:Sorry that I couldn't make it. I was at rehearsal later than expected, that and I find the entire process of these so called hootenannys to be rather taxing.

Furthermore, who is 2x7 to say that I do not exist? I would venture to say that I exist more so than he does.
We tried to convince him, Your Eminence, however I believe he's playing the part of Doubting Thomas. You may need to show him the punctures in your breeches.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by A_Morley » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Pepik wrote:
A_Morley wrote:Sorry that I couldn't make it. I was at rehearsal later than expected, that and I find the entire process of these so called hootenannys to be rather taxing.

Furthermore, who is 2x7 to say that I do not exist? I would venture to say that I exist more so than he does.
We tried to convince him, Your Eminence, however I believe he's playing the part of Doubting Thomas. You may need to show him the punctures in your breeches.
What, then, were his reasons for intransigent incredulity?
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Pepik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:40 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Pepik wrote:
A_Morley wrote:Sorry that I couldn't make it. I was at rehearsal later than expected, that and I find the entire process of these so called hootenannys to be rather taxing.

Furthermore, who is 2x7 to say that I do not exist? I would venture to say that I exist more so than he does.
We tried to convince him, Your Eminence, however I believe he's playing the part of Doubting Thomas. You may need to show him the punctures in your breeches.
What, then, were his reasons for intransigent incredulity?
Apparently because you were not on the "call" as it were. He was chided, then later sent out of the room to fetch and then wear his customary bandana and golf tee. Even then, he felt he still needed convincing.

Did you happen to acquire a Web Cam yet?
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by A_Morley » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Pepik wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Pepik wrote:
A_Morley wrote:Sorry that I couldn't make it. I was at rehearsal later than expected, that and I find the entire process of these so called hootenannys to be rather taxing.

Furthermore, who is 2x7 to say that I do not exist? I would venture to say that I exist more so than he does.
We tried to convince him, Your Eminence, however I believe he's playing the part of Doubting Thomas. You may need to show him the punctures in your breeches.
What, then, were his reasons for intransigent incredulity?
Apparently because you were not on the "call" as it were. He was chided, then later sent out of the room to fetch and then wear his customary bandana and golf tee. Even then, he felt he still needed convincing.

Did you happen to acquire a Web Cam yet?
Leaving that to the wife. She seems to want one more than I do and she is better with that sort of thing, after all.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Pepik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:45 pm

A_Morley wrote:Leaving that to the wife. She seems to want one more than I do and she is better with that sort of thing, after all.
Bless Her heart.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32077
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by UncleBob » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:21 pm

21. Someone needs to sponsor a photography contest here, soon.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23716
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Skip » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:27 pm

UncleBob wrote:21. Someone needs to sponsor a photography contest here, soon.
21a. People need to commit to ENTERING a sponsored photography contest here, soon.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25482
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by jruegg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:28 pm

22. Uncle Bob's garage doesn't like us
23. Like an NCAA player, Pepik does not own the rights to use his own name
24. Joshooah's wife may have Actinic prurigo
25. 2x7 still has hair, bandanas, and golf tees
26. Skip ....
27. Gary is a sweetheart.
Image

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by Pepik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:37 pm

UncleBob wrote:8. A_Morley is a real person. He gets pizza shipped to him from Chicago.
Evidence (of a sorts, from a different pizza at a different time - the pizzas in #8 above were deep dish):

Image
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Revelations from Last Night's CPS Hootennanny

Post by A_Morley » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Pepik wrote:
UncleBob wrote:8. A_Morley is a real person. He gets pizza shipped to him from Chicago.
Evidence (of a sorts, from a different pizza at a different time - the pizzas in #8 above were deep dish):

Image
I just finished eating the second of the two that were sent me. Damn fine.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Post Reply