What the Hell Is Going On?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: What the Hell Is Going On?

Post by UncleBob » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:50 am

I do not wish to know your search strings. I do, however, ask for the name of your anti-virus software provider.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:04 pm

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 am

Yoga trends 2016: Activewear and wellness problems, Instagram and introspection
"Men are starting to wear long women's tights in class," says Power Living founder, Duncan Peak. "The men's tight market is wide open."

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:31 am

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:33 am

+JMJ+
From Bene Tleilax?

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
From Bene Tleilax?
If only they did that in secret. :wink:

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:47 am

UncleBob wrote:Yoga trends 2016: Activewear and wellness problems, Instagram and introspection
"Men are starting to wear long women's tights in class," says Power Living founder, Duncan Peak. "The men's tight market is wide open."
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:54 am

tuttle wrote:
UncleBob wrote:Yoga trends 2016: Activewear and wellness problems, Instagram and introspection
Yep. Hey! The market is wide open!

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:16 am

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:20 am

“This article is sensationalist junk.”

That is what it sounds like.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:20 am

Suburban office parks are dying because young people don't want to drive there
At a New Year’s Eve party, I was talking to a business exec running a tech company located in a suburban office building. He was complaining about the number of times he would interview a person who would say he wasn't crazy about taking the subway and then a bus all the way out to the ‘burbs every day. The exec got increasingly frustrated and at one point responded “So get a car! That’s what grown-ups do when they get jobs!” The candidate responded that he didn’t know how to drive, didn’t have a license, and would keep looking for a job that allowed him to use a bike or transit.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Families have always been anxious about Planned Parenthood's agenda being pushed on our children by the state-enforced education system.

Pipeson attended seminary college in Nebraska. Nebraska families are fiercely protective of their children's happiness, much more than most of the country. It's pretty awesome.

As long as conservatives support families, the liberal-wingnuts will accuse them of "flipping out."

Here's some general advice to liberal elitists: Stop thinking that you know how to raise our kids better than we do.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Del wrote:
Families have always been anxious about Planned Parenthood's agenda being pushed on our children by the state-enforced education system.

Pipeson attended seminary college in Nebraska. Nebraska families are fiercely protective of their children's happiness, much more than most of the country. It's pretty awesome.

As long as conservatives support families, the liberal-wingnuts will accuse them of "flipping out."

Here's some general advice to liberal elitists: Stop thinking that you know how to raise our kids better than we do.
Here's to the perfectly normal people known as Del, stop thinking you know how to raise my children better than I do.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Del wrote:

It seems to me that when it's a liberal using this kind of hyperbole, it's hateful or whatnot but when its a conservative, its protective.

Just sayin'.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:41 am

This is likely the single most objectionable thread in the history of this frequently objectionable forum, discounting, that is, any and all threads started by Hovannes.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 am

UncleBob wrote:
Del wrote:

It seems to me that when it's a liberal using this kind of hyperbole, it's hateful or whatnot but when its a conservative, its protective.

Just sayin'.
The impassioned parents using the hyperbole as they speak in their community is a bit over-the-top.

Publishing their comments on a liberal newsblog in an effort to make them look foolish is hateful. And yes, this is what we have come to expect from the liberal elitists.

In another thread around here somewhere, I mentioned how much I detest it when a news outlet cherry-picks some silly or extreme comment from a random impassioned person -- and then insists that "all" liberals/conservatives/Democrats/Republicans are like that.

In this case in Nebraska, the local parents are opposed to the sex ed program being introduced into their public schools. Most likely, they are afraid that the information is too explicit, that it urges their children into sexual activity, that it encourages teen sex and homosexuality along with an amoral ethic.

None of this in the article link. Just ridicule of the parent who said they are "raping the innocence of our children."

The Planned Parenthood message is that "sex is okay whenever you feel that you are ready. You will be safe as long as you use a condom." Guttmacher Institute reports that there is usually a 50% increase in childhood sexual activity after a Planned Parenthood sex ed program is introduced into a school. This is why the parents are concerned.

It has nothing at all to do with "conservatives."
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:39 am

Del wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Del wrote:

Just sayin'.
The impassioned parents using the hyperbole as they speak in their community is a bit over-the-top.

Publishing their comments on a liberal newsblog in an effort to make them look foolish is hateful. And yes, this is what we have come to expect from the liberal elitists.

In another thread around here somewhere, I mentioned how much I detest it when a news outlet cherry-picks some silly or extreme comment from a random impassioned person -- and then insists that "all" liberals/conservatives/Democrats/Republicans are like that.

In this case in Nebraska, the local parents are opposed to the sex ed program being introduced into their public schools. Most likely, they are afraid that the information is too explicit, that it urges their children into sexual activity, that it encourages teen sex and homosexuality along with an amoral ethic.

None of this in the article link. Just ridicule of the parent who said they are "raping the innocence of our children."

The Planned Parenthood message is that "sex is okay whenever you feel that you are ready. You will be safe as long as you use a condom." Guttmacher Institute reports that there is usually a 50% increase in childhood sexual activity after a Planned Parenthood sex ed program is introduced into a school. This is why the parents are concerned.

Fascinating.

I now know my math teacher raped me with all those multiplication tables I was forced to learn as a child. But its ok..I'm sure she voted Republican--or at least not for Obama.

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:13 am

UncleBob wrote:
Del wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Del wrote:

Just sayin'.

Fascinating.

I now know my math teacher raped me with all those multiplication tables I was forced to learn as a child. But its ok..I'm sure she voted Republican--or at least not for Obama.
What are you more concerned about here? The inflammatory language used or the inflammatory curriculum?
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song