Dream Interpretation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by Jocose » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:25 am

coco wrote:
Jocose wrote:I have this weird dream that I send and receive snapchats of people wearing cargo/Jorts/crocs and even an occasional garbage can.
And I thought the duck dream was weird.
IKR?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 am

hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

Oh well, lets let it rest.
No. You want dignity and honor and decency? Starts at home, bucko. You've called me out twice. Once, I apologized to you, even though you managed to question my Christianity, a subject you have no business speaking about, because I'd offended you.

This time you stepped in again, after coming to the conclusion with me that we should approach each other via pm rather than cause unnecessary difficulties, if motives weren't clear. You didn't do that, did you? I'm a peaceful man, Goose, and I want peace. But if you want me to let it rest, you know what you should do.
This is probably written too far removed and too late to make any difference, but I have to say it anyway. I have a bad habit or fleeing conflict, and going off to sulk, rather than immediately facing conflict and dealing with it.

A couple days ago I stuck my nose where it had no right to be, in other peoples business, and I have come to see that I drew an appropriate response I deserved. So, as late as it is, I just want to say I apologize to Hugodrax, and am sorry for being an ass and a busybody. And I also apologize to Morley for reacting defensively to the well timed response he gave.

I tell myself I have learned my lesson, but that doesn't mean I won't regret writing something else I say here again. But when that time does come, I will try and be brave, and bare my back for the painful lashes I deserve. Meanwhile, I hope what I have written, might work as a peace offering, and that in time, you both will come to forgive me.

G
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:31 am

Very often when I have dreams involving pipes they are corncob pipes.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 am

A_Morley wrote:Very often when I have dreams involving pipes they are corncob pipes.
My cob dreams always feature Zed
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:18 am

Goose55 wrote:I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

This is the Youth Room, Goose. You get what you play for.

Just don't take any of it seriously.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Del

Post by Del » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:19 am

coco wrote:
A_Morley wrote:Very often when I have dreams involving pipes they are corncob pipes.
I have that dream, too.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:39 am

Del wrote:
coco wrote:
I have that dream, too.
Dream or fantasy?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Del

Post by Del » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:50 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Del wrote:
coco wrote:
I have that dream, too.
Dream or fantasy?
Just a regular pipe dream.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 am

Del wrote:

Dammit, Del. That was weeks ago. The issue was settled and nobody asked for your input. Dammit.

You're incapable of keeping your goddamn trap shut, aren't you? I wouldn't mind you butting your bald-ass head into every situation if you did so in a helpful, amusing, original fashion, but you don't. You don't, because, as is becoming ever more apparent the more you blather on, you simply can't. You have all of the social and conversational capabilities of either a six year old or of an Alzheimer's patient. I don't mind being indulgent to such people. You, however, are exempt from grace and mercy on account of the fact that you consistently present your stupid self as some kind of elder statesman who benevolently showers CPS with your platitudinous wisdom, riveting bon mots, and incisive social commentary.

You are a goofy, slack-jawed, guffawing jackass who embodies everything, everything that is wrong with this country, the Baby Boom Generation, the state of Wisconsin, and every other social, political, and religious demographic that you so unfortunately represent. If you had the slightest regard for any of these and especially for the community of CPS you would learn to withhold your half-brained opinions at least half of the time. If you would do it more than half the time, that would be ideal, but I realize that I am addressing Del and simple directives are exceptionally difficult for one of his impaired capacities.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 am

Al, you keep this up and Del will think you want another hug...
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Del

Post by Del » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:20 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

Dammit, Del. That was weeks ago. The issue was settled and nobody asked for your input. Dammit.
Hmfph. You're right. That really was weeks ago.

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:09 am

Had a dream a couple of days ago that I got my approval letter for disability on the first try. Here's hoping it was prophetic.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Most of the dreams I had last night involved me looking for, preparing, or eating bacon. 'Tis true.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:53 pm

A_Morley wrote:Most of the dreams I had last night involved me looking for, preparing, or eating bacon. 'Tis true.
Interpretation: You are a man of superlative character and impeccable taste.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 am

Last night I dreamed that I went to an old drug store that had several shelves of very old, tinned tobaccos. Hundreds of them. I picked up a square tin of Peterson's Irish Flake with light green, light blue, and white enamel. The clerk said, "$16." Then I woke up.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat May 20, 2017 7:32 am

+JMJ+
coco wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 am
Last night I dreamed that I went to an old drug store that had several shelves of very old, tinned tobaccos. Hundreds of them. I picked up a square tin of Peterson's Irish Flake with light green, light blue, and white enamel. The clerk said, "$16." Then I woke up.
Heartbreaking.

I was actually at a drug-store like that. About 6-8 yrs ago. Koehler Drug in Upper Sandusky (about 50+ miles south of Sandusky).

The subject of pipes came up with the clerk, and she said that they'd "for forever" had a glass case filled with "all sorts of pipes", but they'd "just gotten rid of it" a month or so before cuz they'd decided to stop selling tobacco products.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Sun May 21, 2017 12:00 am

coco wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 am
I have dreams like that. Usually Dunhills are included.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image