Dream Interpretation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:It is EXTREMELY rare I remember dreams. I can probably count on one hand the dreams I've remembered in the last 30 or so years. However I often wake up with a song immediately in my head and on my lips. Sometimes gospel or hymns. Other times not.

Interpret that.
You're gay. Secret desire to sing show tunes, buried away under religiosity to keep you from having to deal with the harsh reality of reaching an unfulfilled middle age.

Or you like to sing. Fielder's choice.
You and Hogleg good friends, Hugo?

I ask because I--and a lot of other viewers of this thread--need to know how it is you can say such things.
No, it's just a gift I have. The second sight. I can predict with uncanny accuracy the secret thoughts of men. You shouldn't wear nylon and smoke if you want to get to an old age, sir. Just a warning.

Or its the bond of men who have served their country as junior officers. Hogleg reached field grade. I never rose above Lieutenant. It's a rough and ready humor, largely personal in nature. Part of the universal bonding experience of being surrounded by poo circumstances. Hakuna effing matata.

Or there is a culture here that you might want to take a look at. Allotted roles we move on like chessmen. Personalities. Interactions. How to respond. How to play the game.

Now, I've been a sport and given you three possibilities to choose between, should you be so inclined. Fun, yes? Now for the serious bit.

Who are the many others curious about it that have contacted you and made you their spokesperson? Pretty impressive for such a short time here. Odd none of them chose to contact me. But not impossible. So stand up, fellas. Who needs to know besides Goose?

Question my motivations or my Christianity one more time, Goose, and I'm not going to be pleasant. I'm beginning to think you might not be that pleasant yourself.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:36 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:It is EXTREMELY rare I remember dreams. I can probably count on one hand the dreams I've remembered in the last 30 or so years. However I often wake up with a song immediately in my head and on my lips. Sometimes gospel or hymns. Other times not.

Interpret that.
You're gay. Secret desire to sing show tunes, buried away under religiosity to keep you from having to deal with the harsh reality of reaching an unfulfilled middle age.

I ask because I--and a lot of other viewers of this thread--need to know how it is you can say such things.
Oh, shut up. Hugo can say what he wants. He's the Waldorf to my Statler. So calm down or we'll team up against you.
My, you are combative. I would have preferred just Hugo's reply to my post and not your "shut up," ..or a private message from you would have done more good. Would you have said this to me outside of cyber space?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

Oh, shut up. Hugo can say what he wants. He's the Waldorf to my Statler. So calm down or we'll team up against you.
My, you are combative. I would have preferred just Hugo's reply to my post and not your "shut up," ..or a private message from you would have done more good. Would you have said this to me outside of cyber space?
Oooh, it's the Internet tough guy trope. Goose calls out man publicly. Goose gets told to shut up. Goose then edits his post to make it look like he didn't behave like an ass. Then Goose gives lecture in Internet politeness.

Shut up, Goose. You brought it on yourself.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

Oooh, it's the Internet tough guy trope. Goose calls out man publicly. Goose gets told to shut up. Goose then edits his post to make it look like he didn't behave like an ass. Then Goose gives lecture in Internet politeness.

Do I need to get the belt?
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

Oooh, it's the Internet tough guy trope. Goose calls out man publicly. Goose gets told to shut up. Goose then edits his post to make it look like he didn't behave like an ass. …
Actually, the time-stamp seems to indicate that Goose edited his post one minute before AMJ told him to shut up.

Just sayin'.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 pm

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

Oooh, it's the Internet tough guy trope. Goose calls out man publicly. Goose gets told to shut up. Goose then edits his post to make it look like he didn't behave like an ass. …
Actually, the time-stamp seems to indicate that Goose edited his post one minute before AMJ told him to shut up.

Just sayin'.
Lol. How many matchsticks are left in the box, Wos?
#JeSuisCharlieGard

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:14 pm

hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

What do you have against the belt? It's not like any of us ever learn.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

hogleg

Post by hogleg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 pm

hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

The belt'll learn ya
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 pm

hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

The belt'll learn ya
Kind of odd wanting to spank grown men. I hope you're at least proud of it. :lol:
#JeSuisCharlieGard

hogleg

Post by hogleg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:04 pm

hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

The belt'll learn ya
Kind of odd wanting to spank grown men. I hope you're at least proud of it. :lol:
No, not proud of it, but some measures are sometimes just necessary.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:12 pm

hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:[quote="hogleg"]It is EXTREMELY rare I remember dreams. I can probably count on one hand the dreams I've remembered in the last 30 or so years. However I often wake up with a song immediately in my head and on my lips. Sometimes gospel or hymns. Other times not.

Interpret that.

The belt'll learn ya
No, not proud of it, but some measures are sometimes just necessary.[/quote]

Have a horse whip? That's what an old fashioned gentleman would use.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 pm

hogleg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Interpret that.

I prefer suspenders.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:41 pm

I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

Oh well, lets let it rest.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

bean_counter
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage

Post by bean_counter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:46 pm

I had a memorable dream in the fall of '92 (I remember approx. date, as my wife and I were newlyweds).

I dreamed that I was on a city bus; not sure why or where I was going. After a couple of stops, a half dozen or so 4-foot tall white, yellow-billed ducks forced their way onto the bus and announced a hijacking. In addition to being unusually tall, talking ducks, they all carried shotguns, slung across their back with a wide leather sling. And they were wearing Wellington boots. I specifically noticed they were Wellingtons, not jackboots - this wasn't your-run-of-the-mill fascist duck dream.

I was seated in the back 1/4 of the bus. As the first duck got about hallway to the back, a young man decided to put up some resistance. I expected the duck to use the shotgun (in spite of no hands or opposable thumbs??). Instead, the duck shoved its bill up the nostril of the young man - and sucked his brains out.

So, to recap, I was on a bus hijacked by gargantuan talking, shotgun toting, Wellington wearing, brain-sucking domesticated waterfowl.

What does it all mean?
"It's the mark of civilized defecation" - hugodrax

"Perhaps Waste Should Be Left to the Professionals" - John-Boy

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Goose55 wrote:I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

Oh well, lets let it rest.
No. You want dignity and honor and decency? Starts at home, bucko. You've called me out twice. Once, I apologized to you, even though you managed to question my Christianity, a subject you have no business speaking about, because I'd offended you.

This time you stepped in again, after coming to the conclusion with me that we should approach each other via pm rather than cause unnecessary difficulties, if motives weren't clear. You didn't do that, did you? I'm a peaceful man, Goose, and I want peace. But if you want me to let it rest, you know what you should do.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:39 pm

I have this weird dream that I send and receive snapchats of people wearing cargo/Jorts/crocs and even an occasional garbage can.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

hogleg

Post by hogleg » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

So, to recap, I was on a bus hijacked by gargantuan talking, shotgun toting, Wellington wearing, brain-sucking domesticated waterfowl.

What does it all mean?
We need to make ducks sit in the back of the bus. The "Duck Community" may get their feathers ruffled.
Last edited by hogleg on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 am

Jocose wrote:I have this weird dream that I send and receive snapchats of people wearing cargo/Jorts/crocs and even an occasional garbage can.
And I thought the duck dream was weird.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:56 am

I had a dream that I was 300 pounds
and though I was very heavy, I floated 'til I could not see the ground
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 am

+JMJ+
Fainn wrote:I had a dream that I was 300 pounds
and though I was very heavy, I floated 'til I could not see the ground
You didn't happen to have grotesque, oozing pustules all over your face, did you?

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima