Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32274
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by UncleBob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am

Image

Image

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32274
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by UncleBob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 11977
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by tuttle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 am

John-Boy wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 am
Saw a big bag of candy corn at Costco. Didn't get it.
Image
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 5551
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 am
The candy corn and peanut bowls have been out at my house for two weeks. They're kept separate (but side by side) so I can create a custom mix depending on how I feel when I walk past them.
Per usual, excellent idea. However, some goobers would think they were outsmarting the process by grabbing only peanuts as they passed by, eventually ruining it for everyone.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19237
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 am

Jester wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am
FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 am
The candy corn and peanut bowls have been out at my house for two weeks. They're kept separate (but side by side) so I can create a custom mix depending on how I feel when I walk past them.
30/70?
That's usually a good mix, but if I feel I've overindulged on junk food on any given day I may switch to 20/80 or even 10/90.

I don't think a few more or less pieces of candy corn impacts my waistline, but it makes me feel better if I convince myself I'm being moderate. And how I feel about myself is really what's important.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27093
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by coco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 am

Image
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19237
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 am
FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 am
The candy corn and peanut bowls have been out at my house for two weeks. They're kept separate (but side by side) so I can create a custom mix depending on how I feel when I walk past them.
Per usual, excellent idea. However, some goobers would think they were outsmarting the process by grabbing only peanuts as they passed by, eventually ruining it for everyone.
Ah, but even if you premix the perfect ratio, some goober will come along and pick through the mix to create their own perfect ratio, thereby fouling yours. It's called the 'Snack Mix Ratio Unbalancing Effect' and it's most commonly seen when snackers pick out only the caramel coated popcorn from a mixed bowl. And don't even get me started on the yahoos who pick out all the cashews and almonds to leave a high ratio of brazil nuts in the mix, or the demented souls who search through the chex mix to find the rice checks that have soaked up the most worcestershire sauce. We live in a fallen world.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27093
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by coco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am
...We live in a fallen world.
Candy corn being evidence of this.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19237
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am
...We live in a fallen world.
Candy corn being evidence of this.
*Au contraire Pierre. Candy corn is proof that God loves us anyway.

*Au contraire Pierre is French for 'You're wrong goatman".
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27093
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by coco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am
...We live in a fallen world.
Candy corn being evidence of this.
*Au contraire Pierre. Candy corn is proof that God loves us anyway.

*Au contraire Pierre is French for 'You're wrong goatman".
:lol:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25493
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by jruegg » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Image

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32594
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm

With DLibbon almost here, I went to the grocery store and bought a bag of Brach's Classic Candy Corn and a bag of Brach's Assorted Mellowcreme candy.

Let the games begin.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5804
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm
With DLibbon almost here, I went to the grocery store and bought a bag of Brach's Classic Candy Corn and a bag of Brach's Assorted Mellowcreme candy.

Let the games begin.
The sign of a generous and wise host...except for the candy corn part
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27093
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by coco » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm
With DLibbon almost here, I went to the grocery store and bought a bag of Brach's Classic Candy Corn and a bag of Brach's Assorted Mellowcreme candy.

Let the games begin.
The sign of a generous and wise host...except for the candy corn part
Getting to see I-D would almost be worth eating candy corn.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25388
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

I need to pick 2 new targets for my candy corn joke.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5804
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am

DL

I waited for someone else to ask, but no one did.

I want to hear your candy corn joke.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32594
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am
DL

I waited for someone else to ask, but no one did.

I want to hear your candy corn joke.
Been there. Done that. It was good.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5804
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

We stopped for dinner last night in Alamosa on our way back from Creede and had a great dinner...as we were leaving the host offered us candy corn in small ziplock "Snack" bags. Way to ruin a very nice meal with just the thought of eating candy corn!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31800
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 am

Candy corns look kinda like a bad zit.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
plainview
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: USA

Re: Is it too early to start a candy corn thread?

Post by plainview » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 am

Image
Pizza!

Post Reply