Not a lot of people know this, but...

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2058
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm
... I'm out of the medicine that makes me like you all.
Just to clarify, due to your lack of medicine are you dissimilar to us or do you loathe us?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23254
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Skip » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm
Skip wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm
... I'm out of the medicine that makes me like you all.
Just to clarify, due to your lack of medicine are you dissimilar to us or do you loathe us?
Best request for clarification I've had for at least 36 hours!

Yes.
As seen on WGN...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"
"Arrogance, Alcohol, and Admin Rights: what a combination!"
"Let's carpe the hell out of this diem."
"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Posts: 12288
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:05 am

Not a lot of people know this, but...
I worked with fellow we called Dynamic Dan. He ran out of his ‘nice guy pills’ and his pharmacy said he had no refills and to call his doctor. He called his doctor’s office. They said the doctor was on vacation and could not be contacted for a couple of days. Dynamic Dan said that they will contact the doctor they would do it immediately or he would come to the office and would not be responsible for his actions. Dynamic Dan got his pills.

User avatar
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4112
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by CodeMonkey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Pepik knows the answer to how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23254
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Skip » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm
Pepik knows the answer to how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.
Does he know the answer in both radians and degrees?
As seen on WGN...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"
"Arrogance, Alcohol, and Admin Rights: what a combination!"
"Let's carpe the hell out of this diem."
"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 34815
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Del » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Skip wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm
CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm
Pepik knows the answer to how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.
Does he know the answer in both radians and degrees?
:dancingpie:
Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! And let all who hate Him flee before His Holy Face! - Ps 67

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 34815
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by Del » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:05 am
Not a lot of people know this, but...
I worked with fellow we called Dynamic Dan. He ran out of his ‘nice guy pills’ and his pharmacy said he had no refills and to call his doctor. He called his doctor’s office. They said the doctor was on vacation and could not be contacted for a couple of days. Dynamic Dan said that they will contact the doctor they would do it immediately or he would come to the office and would not be responsible for his actions. Dynamic Dan got his pills.
I like this.

I like knowing that there's a "Dynamic Dan" out there somewhere.

And I really like the idea of "Nice Guy Pills."
Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! And let all who hate Him flee before His Holy Face! - Ps 67

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

User avatar
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4112
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by CodeMonkey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Skip wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm
CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm
Pepik knows the answer to how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.
Does he know the answer in both radians and degrees?
Sure
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7777
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm
Skip wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm
... I'm out of the medicine that makes me like you all.
Just to clarify, due to your lack of medicine are you dissimilar to us or do you loathe us?
Best request for clarification I've had for at least 36 hours!

Yes.
I have whiskey
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4112
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by CodeMonkey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm

John-Boy is auditioning for ABC's "Boy Band".
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Not a lot of people know this, but...

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:05 am

CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 pm
Skip wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm
CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm
Pepik knows the answer to how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.
Does he know the answer in both radians and degrees?
Sure
I understand one of them is a cute angle, but another is quite obtuse.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity. J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests