A Covert Word to Specific, Hidden CPSers From The Council of Hats

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Re: A Covert Word to Specific, Hidden CPSers From The Council of Hats

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:37 am

Skip wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 am
gravel wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:27 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

***END TRANSMISSION***
Then

But what about
Image ?
not to mention if we do one coffee stain plaque, then everyone is going to want one too.
I came as soon as I was summoned!
Thirty-eight
and, all is well again, for now
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 pm
How does your head voice pronounce Gila Monster? Mine says Gee-Yah (like Gila Bend), but I think the correct pronunciation is Hee-la.

Also, we're out of tequila. Ta-key-ya
Only the double-elle ('ll') makes the y sound like Tortilla as Tor-tee-yah. Gila is Hee-lah and Taquila is Tah-kee-lah. There is no Gee-yah Bend, there is only Hee-lah Bend.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 am

infidel wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am
FredS wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 pm
How does your head voice pronounce Gila Monster? Mine says Gee-Yah (like Gila Bend), but I think the correct pronunciation is Hee-la.

Also, we're out of tequila. Ta-key-ya
Only the double-elle ('ll') makes the y sound like Tortilla as Tor-tee-yah. Gila is Hee-lah and Taquila is Tah-kee-lah. There is no Gee-yah Bend, there is only Hee-lah Bend.
But just to cause frustration and confusion, a llama is a LAH-muh, not a YAH-muh. I suspect it was originally an Incan word or something, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.

ETA: I was overcome by an unanswered question. According to Wikipedia, "The name llama (in the past also spelled 'lama' or 'glama') was adopted by European settlers from native Peruvians."
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.