TTCMA v 3.0

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Pepik
Working as Intended

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Pepik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 pm
I often peek on CPS from my "phone." I rarely talk to anyone on this "phone." But that's a rant for a different day.

Tonight, as I peeked and posted via said "phone." The tap a talk app add appeared at the top of every CPS window I landed on.

When did we become the

WHORES OF BABYLON!!
It's part of the plug in that supports the Tap-a-Talk solution.

Just click on the x near the notification you silly nut. if there isn't one, bide in the knowledge you will not suffer as a result.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:50 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm
Fainn wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Why does a 6 figure job only require a resume and a cover letter while a minimum wage job requires a multiple page application and a stupis a** behavioral assessment?
I'm going to assume you've not had or applied for a six figure job lately. I haven't either, but I know a little about how it goes. Background checks, court records, thorough licensure screenings, review of your last twenty years of work, income tax records from the same period, review of you social media presences and web postings. Oh no, ample professional skills will get you a second look, but it goes well beyond that to get an offer these days. You remember the screening process' for the last few Supreme Court nominees? That stuff goes on a thousand times every day for regular Joe's looking for high dollar positions. There are companies that specialize in such screenings, and they aren't all that nice when compiling their reports. It's merciless. Over the last few years we've - unfortunately - seen a lot of folks fired over a single comment that's been recorded or posted on the web. Employers are very diligent in trying to weed out anyone who's ever been the least bit offensive in public. And that's what CMA. Hell, I'd be lucky to get a job digging ditches if the Ditch Digging Corporation was to review my posts on CPS.

EDIT: Forgive the mini 'rant'. Mrs FredS is currently undergoing such screening (though not for a six figure income) and it's ridiculous. One 'discrepancy' they found is that she's still listed as staff at a university she taught at eight years ago, but she didn't list as a current employer. That's easy enough to explain away - remember the tax records? - but still, it gives some idea of how deep they dig.
It's funny that lawyers have convinced others to go through that, as we don't do it so much amongst ourselves. As long as you were good at bringing in clients and good at winning cases, you could be a fellow that sat at home most nights looking for things to get indignant about and most weekends creepily watching kids fish but still rather readily find a job.

I've thoroughly had enough of my certain aspects of my profession but remain quite glad I don't work in business or finance. Those people eat each other without qualm. Criminal Defense is, paradoxically, a rather genteel profession.
Yep. There's one firm in my city that tests their attorneys for drugs, even though a third of attorneys will have a substance abuse problem at some point in their lives.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:27 am

Trying to tell somebody on Facebook, "Happy birthday!" and tagging friggen Happy Hammer instead. :lol:
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:27 am
Trying to tell somebody on Facebook, "Happy birthday!" and tagging friggen Happy Hammer instead. :lol:
:lol:
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 am

So I applied for a job that was supposedly govt related and they wanted a link to my FB profile. Now my spam folder is filled with all sorts of naughty stuff that I don't even open.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Sinus infections.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:06 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Multiple-restart OS updates when all I wanted to do was unwind with a game after a night at the library.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am

Slow driving people in the left lane.

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

If you drive slow in the left lane, you're promoting road rage and impeding traffic, move over!
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

Skip

Post by Skip » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Illinois has the second-highest property taxes in the nation - only New Jersey is higher - yet I just got the assessment and they've gone up nearly 7% this year.

It's not a question of if we're leaving, only a matter of when and where.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Remember how everyone got upset when the officer arrested the nurse for refusing to draw blood from an unconscious patient? When I was in the hospital down here, while I was asleep the nurse decided it would be a good idea to rumage through my clothes.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

I found a tin full of tobacco, but obviously not the original tobacco that was in the tin. The tobacco is excellent. An English, with perfect dryness, a perfect smoke. Apparently was a bulk, but I have no idea what it is.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23