TTCMA v 3.0

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:59 am

Apparently Hugo's attempted fix merged the two TTCMA threads in the youth room (I was off-line when it happened, so I'm just working from the available evidence). When Pepik unfixed it saying that 2.0 would have to suffice, apparently it took the entire merged thread back into lockdown. Therefore, I'm instituting 3.0. If this was gets tossed into purgatorial lockdown as well, then I'll assume that I misunderstood the situation and that all TTCMA threads are doomed. At that point, I will give up. Hopefully, I've actually understood the situation correctly and we can keep 3.0 around for a while.

Having said that....
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am

Two pairs of pants. Same brand. Same style. Same size. Different sized pockets. So the pocket that I normally carry my phone in for one pair, won't work for the other pair.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14313
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:08 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:59 am
Apparently Hugo's attempted fix merged the two TTCMA threads in the youth room (I was off-line when it happened, so I'm just working from the available evidence). When Pepik unfixed it saying that 2.0 would have to suffice, apparently it took the entire merged thread back into lockdown. Therefore, I'm instituting 3.0. If this was gets tossed into purgatorial lockdown as well, then I'll assume that I misunderstood the situation and that all TTCMA threads are doomed. At that point, I will give up. Hopefully, I've actually understood the situation correctly and we can keep 3.0 around for a while.

Having said that....
You're right on in your assumptions. This is a decent thread as long as everybody remembers not to post things that could haunt them later by being readable by the search bots.

Let the record indicate that I tried. Road to hell and all that.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32063
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 am

Trying a new, super boss move in ka-CHA wars with the kids only to stub yer toes on the underside of the box springs while the kiddos laugh until they cry as you curse like a drunken sailor and hop around on yer only working foot.

Ingrates.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:08 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:59 am
Apparently Hugo's attempted fix merged the two TTCMA threads in the youth room (I was off-line when it happened, so I'm just working from the available evidence). When Pepik unfixed it saying that 2.0 would have to suffice, apparently it took the entire merged thread back into lockdown. Therefore, I'm instituting 3.0. If this was gets tossed into purgatorial lockdown as well, then I'll assume that I misunderstood the situation and that all TTCMA threads are doomed. At that point, I will give up. Hopefully, I've actually understood the situation correctly and we can keep 3.0 around for a while.

Having said that....
You're right on in your assumptions. This is a decent thread as long as everybody remembers not to post things that could haunt them later by being readable by the search bots.

Let the record indicate that I tried. Road to hell and all that.
So selected mild chafing only. That's a shame.

Pepik has become a dictator. That chafes my buttocks. And that's probably a first. I thought he would back you up with your wonderful initiative. I had such hope. Sad. Of course if it wasn't Pepik I apologize.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6230
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Pepik » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by A_Morley » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:51 pm

People who resent being expected to discuss pipes and tobacco on a pipes and tobacco forum. That certainly gets me all up in a dander.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5680
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:33 pm

:lol:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14313
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6230
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Pepik » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Rusty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6230
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Pepik » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Rusty wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
You really need to stop encouraging my oppressive behavior.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Rusty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am

Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
You really need to stop encouraging my oppressive behavior.
I see you got your title done, dahlink.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
You really need to stop encouraging my oppressive behavior.
I see you got your title done, dahlink.
Typos in dictators' titles. Jus' sayin.'
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6230
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Pepik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
You really need to stop encouraging my oppressive behavior.
I see you got your title done, dahlink.
Typos in dictators' titles. Jus' sayin.'
Do you need oppressing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by A_Morley » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:44 am

Pepik wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 pm
Pepik wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm
Let's see here.

Rusty.

Yeah that sums up my input on this thread.


That and folks that make judgements without get the full scoop.
So, then...Rusty and....also Rusty?
You get me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Pepik
You really need to stop encouraging my oppressive behavior.
I see you got your title done, dahlink.
Typos in dictators' titles. Jus' sayin.'
Do you need oppressing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I really do wish that I had copies of that old public access comedy show Dammit, This is Stupid that we used to watch in college. They'd be perfect visual shorthand tags for the jackassery you people perpetrate.

When it comes to mods and admins, you yahoos don't know how good you have it, apparently.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Fainn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:56 pm

square turds
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Fainn » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 am

We were so busy at our wedding that we never got to dance. I really wanted to be lifted up in a chair for the hora dance.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Fainn wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 am
We were so busy at our wedding that we never got to dance. I really wanted to be lifted up in a chair for the hora dance.
Perhaps at a significant anniversary you can do a renewing of the vows and get yourselves hoisted.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I just learned that the best tobacco shop in my area is shutting down by the end of September because of the FDA rules. :x

That will leave me one decent shop and one subpar shop.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Post Reply