TTCMA v 3.0

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Re: TTCMA v 3.0

Post by A_Morley » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 pm

His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Re: TTCMA v 2.0

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 pm

It chaps my backside y'all didn't use the TTCMA v 2.0 thread.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: RE: Re: TTCMA v 2.0

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 pm

DepartedLight wrote:It chaps my backside y'all didn't use the TTCMA v 2.0 thread.
We did, but broke it when trying to revive 1.0, so had to kill both and start 3.0

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:08 am

People of a certain religious persuasion who believe that smoking is a sin worthy of hell.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Watching my wife cry every day because we are so poor because Gd refuses to bless me with a job.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:18 am

Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:23 am

Oh, Ben Crystal. His dad's a real character as well. I've done OP before and conducted workshops in it. I'm not nearly as enamored of it as Ben Crystal is. I can do OP but I don't think it's all that important to making Shakespeare more "relevant" or "accessible". I usually end up doing Shakespeare in a conspicuously American accent that British people say sounds very American and American people say sounds too British.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 pm

This was very entertaining and enlightening.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Politicising a prayer thread.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:23 am

Had made plans with neighbor guy and his wife to grill steaks and have a wee drop of bourbon yesterday.

I popped over at about 4:40 to see what time for the beginning of the charred mammal flesh fiesta.

Oh. We didn't think we were on. Wife is at work and IT guy was doing, whatever he does. He offered to fry up some hamburgers with vodka.

um. wut?

Fried? We both have grills. I hate vodka.

I grilled my rib eye and smoked it with JD whiskey barrel chips.

My most excellent, yet spiteful, scent of superior grilling filled the block.

We rescheduled for Wednesday, where I said I'd have some chicken ready to go.

Not a fan of human flakes.
DL Jake

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 pm
Yup
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Skip wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm
JimVH wrote:
Yup
Wait. I thought was verboten now. Drawing the wrath of all blue and green guys on duty. No?
DL Jake

Skip

Post by Skip » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:29 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:24 pm
Skip wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm
JimVH wrote:
Yup
Wait. I thought was verboten now. Drawing the wrath of all blue and green guys on duty. No?
IKR?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:23 pm

I had to replace the lock and latch on the back door today. After stripping out a couple of screws because of something I overlooked in the instructions (okay, I'll admit, I didn't actually look at the instructions more than a few seconds), I finally got everything installed....

...and then discovered that the keys weren't included in the box. So now I have a nice new door lock and latch that I can't unlock from the outside. I have to go back to the store now and try to get an exchange.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Why does a 6 figure job only require a resume and a cover letter while a minimum wage job requires a multiple page application and a stupis a** behavioral assessment?

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Why does a 6 figure job only require a resume and a cover letter while a minimum wage job requires a multiple page application and a stupis a** behavioral assessment?
HAHA. Don't write that in the comments section of the assessment.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Fainn wrote:
I'm going to assume you've not had or applied for a six figure job lately. I haven't either, but I know a little about how it goes. Background checks, court records, thorough licensure screenings, review of your last twenty years of work, income tax records from the same period, review of you social media presences and web postings. Oh no, ample professional skills will get you a second look, but it goes well beyond that to get an offer these days. You remember the screening process' for the last few Supreme Court nominees? That stuff goes on a thousand times every day for regular Joe's looking for high dollar positions. There are companies that specialize in such screenings, and they aren't all that nice when compiling their reports. It's merciless. Over the last few years we've - unfortunately - seen a lot of folks fired over a single comment that's been recorded or posted on the web. Employers are very diligent in trying to weed out anyone who's ever been the least bit offensive in public. And that's what CMA. Hell, I'd be lucky to get a job digging ditches if the Ditch Digging Corporation was to review my posts on CPS.

EDIT: Forgive the mini 'rant'. Mrs FredS is currently undergoing such screening (though not for a six figure income) and it's ridiculous. One 'discrepancy' they found is that she's still listed as staff at a university she taught at eight years ago, but she didn't list as a current employer. That's easy enough to explain away - remember the tax records? - but still, it gives some idea of how deep they dig.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:50 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm
Fainn wrote:
I'm going to assume you've not had or applied for a six figure job lately. I haven't either, but I know a little about how it goes. Background checks, court records, thorough licensure screenings, review of your last twenty years of work, income tax records from the same period, review of you social media presences and web postings. Oh no, ample professional skills will get you a second look, but it goes well beyond that to get an offer these days. You remember the screening process' for the last few Supreme Court nominees? That stuff goes on a thousand times every day for regular Joe's looking for high dollar positions. There are companies that specialize in such screenings, and they aren't all that nice when compiling their reports. It's merciless. Over the last few years we've - unfortunately - seen a lot of folks fired over a single comment that's been recorded or posted on the web. Employers are very diligent in trying to weed out anyone who's ever been the least bit offensive in public. And that's what CMA. Hell, I'd be lucky to get a job digging ditches if the Ditch Digging Corporation was to review my posts on CPS.

EDIT: Forgive the mini 'rant'. Mrs FredS is currently undergoing such screening (though not for a six figure income) and it's ridiculous. One 'discrepancy' they found is that she's still listed as staff at a university she taught at eight years ago, but she didn't list as a current employer. That's easy enough to explain away - remember the tax records? - but still, it gives some idea of how deep they dig.
It's funny that lawyers have convinced others to go through that, as we don't do it so much amongst ourselves. As long as you were good at bringing in clients and good at winning cases, you could be a fellow that sat at home most nights looking for things to get indignant about and most weekends creepily watching kids fish but still rather readily find a job.

I've thoroughly had enough of my certain aspects of my profession but remain quite glad I don't work in business or finance. Those people eat each other without qualm. Criminal Defense is, paradoxically, a rather genteel profession.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I often peek on CPS from my "phone." I rarely talk to anyone on this "phone." But that's a rant for a different day.

Tonight, as I peeked and posted via said "phone." The tap a talk app add appeared at the top of every CPS window I landed on.

When did we become the

WHORES OF BABYLON!!
DL Jake