Visiting Wisconsin

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Re: Visiting Wisconsin

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm

I thought this thread was about another euphemism, like the Nairobi deal.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:31 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm
Cleon wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 am
I visited Wisconsin once when I was a boy. I went to Wisconsin Dells . . .
OMG. There's more than one?
There is some confusion occasionally, but we sort it out.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Del wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:47 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm
I've been to WI. As luck would have it, I ran in to Mrs Del. Regretfully, she was with her husband. We still enjoyed our time with her.
Sweetandsour visited Wisconsin. He did not meet Mrs. Del, and he never mentions coming here. We met at a cigar bar on Madison's capitol square. Madison's capitol square is a weird place, and ymmv depending on how weird you like it.

Dasmokeryaget visited Wisconsin. He met Cigarson. We visited the lamest ever bluegrass music festival. No one was there, and I mean no one. It's like they were having the music party elsewhere, and they gave us the wrong date or address so that we wouldn't show up.

Neither experience is typical of Wisconsin. You should all come and have a good time.

I'm having a Pit Barrel Barbecue party on Oct 7-8, to celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary (i.e., Lepanto) with some friends from church. Come on up, if you like ribs and watching a yard full of kids.
I mention our visit all the time. Our brief chat and smoke and walk across the square was the highlight of that whole trip. I hope to pass through there again some day, and go north for some grouse hunting.
The food was good, the beer was cold, the girls were pretty, and the quality of the conversation was outstanding, though way too short due to circumstances.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm

I thought there was already a thread about everlasting torment. Maybe I was mistaken. :lol:
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 am
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am
Drove through the northern part of Wisconsin in mid to late September many years back. I think it was Nicolette Natl Forest that I found so beautiful with it's Birch and Maple forests.
Light anything on fire? Are you the origin of smoked cheddar?
Too wet. Couldn't find any dry kindling. But yes, you can thank me for smoked cheddar.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 am

Del wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:31 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm
Cleon wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 am
I visited Wisconsin once when I was a boy. I went to Wisconsin Dells . . .
OMG. There's more than one?
There is some confusion occasionally, but we sort it out.
Ah yes. When I first joined I thought your user name was a play on the word "dells" since you are from Wisconsin. I now know that it is simply a short form of your first name.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH