Noticing French Pints

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Noticing French Pints

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 pm

I've never had a French beer but I have noticed them.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Re: Noticing French Pints

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm

That's a fine French Pint.

Ya know where you don't see fine French Pints? Baltimore. That's where. Know why? It's a <zederated> [ censored ] hole. That's why.

What's that? Yes I took my meds. Really funny ha-ha.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

so, I drank the whisky. » Bloodhound

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Re: Noticing French Pints

Post by Rusty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:42 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm
That's a fine French Pint.

Ya know where you don't see fine French Pints? Baltimore. That's where. Know why? It's a <zederated> [ censored ] hole. That's why.

What's that? Yes I took my meds. Really funny ha-ha.
That's because Baltimore isn't trying to start a revolution. The French (France) do have a pinte of beer but ... this is the home of the metric system so it's actual a 50 cl glass or mug. That by itself is forgivable. But ... they have other names for the same thing... chope, baron, serieux, mini-chevalier, demi-litre, etc. There are more names. Even that is forgivable. However, by whichever name you order it the waiter will ask if you mean one of the other names. If you you ask for a chope (mug) they ask if you mean a pinte. If you had asked for a pinte then they ask if you really mean a chope or a baron or..... It doesn't end there. Nope. After converging on one name (for the same thing) they then mime the size at you and you have agree with that too. And it's all for exactly the same thing. Crazy.

Now imagine that you work for ISIS and after a long hot argumentative planning session you go out for a beer and the waiter starts this song and dance. What do you think will happen?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light