My Favorite Sports Car

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: My Favorite Sports Car

Post by FredS » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 am

I think I need to plan a road trip to some car museums this winter. The Fourney Museum of Transportation is on my list. And my brother turned me on to the Shelby American Collection in Boulder.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Re: My Favorite Sports Car

Post by sysiphus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:55 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:00 pm
I bought a Triumph Spitfire in 1970. Probably among the slowest (especially after the 327 '62 Chevy I shared with a buddy in high school), worst handling cars of all time - but I loved it.

The most nostalgia laden dream car of my youth, the stuff of teenage dreams, was the Shelby Ford GT-40.
I had two Spitfire MKIVs back in the day. Could sit in the driver's seat and lay my hand flat on the ground. Could fit under a semi trailer (never tried that while it was moving...). Couldn't park against a curb, or you'd have to step UP to get out of it.

Lucas electrics and SU carbs be damned, I loved that car!
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed